P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve been to see my mum this afternoon, she looked very frail and she was wearing an oxygen mask which she wasn’t yesterday. We can’t understand her 😳 She keeps trying to talk but her words aren’t coming out. I was holding her hand and her grip was good though.

Sorry to read that Sue, I hope she is showing signs of improvement tomorrow. Thinking of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Lovely photos Graham. Will be there next Wednesday, lovely town to stroll around. Done the tourist must does in the past, so a nice chill walk.

Hope you have a lovely time, it will certainly be warmer there than here

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve been to see my mum this afternoon, she looked very frail and she was wearing an oxygen mask which she wasn’t yesterday. We can’t understand her 😳 She keeps trying to talk but her words aren’t coming out. I was holding her hand and her grip was good though.

Hopefully just a bit of a “blip” and she’s better tomorrow 

Michelle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Im really sorry to hear this sue , a real worry for you but be strong and I hope she’s much better when you see her today , take one day at a time she’s in the best place and I hope she’s home to you all soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Good news, it is not raining.

Bad news a dental checkup today so 10 minutes of terror - for my wallet

I have a hygienist appointment today my first in 3 years!! I used to go every 6 months but I’ve developed a really bad gagging reflex, even when brushing my teeth, so we’ll see how far we get today.

27 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I have a hygienist appointment today my first in 3 years!! I used to go every 6 months but I’ve developed a really bad gagging reflex, even when brushing my teeth, so we’ll see how far we get today.

That sounds nasty

The hygienist is worse than the Dentist but at least my next appointment is not until May. 

Edited by davecttr
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Strange, but I've developed the same reflex as well, but mine started about 10 years ago.

At least I havent had to pay a dentist bill since 2010 !

• Like 3

12 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry too read this Sue, I hope she is feeling better today and will be home with you soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind the dentist but since they have gone all modern they give you a tablet to sign 

the forms on . Have you ever tried doing your signature on one ?

"Just scroll  down ,sign bottom of each page " said the receptionist.

As I signed the first one, I joked with her . . . 

"Does this mean  that even if you pull my head completely off, I can't sue you?"

"No, that's the next page . This one says you still have to pay us."😮

• Haha 9

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

I don't mind the dentist but since they have gone all modern they give you a tablet to sign 

the forms on . Have you ever tried doing your signature on one ?

"Just scroll  down ,sign bottom of each page " said the receptionist.

As I signed the first one, I joked with her . . . 

"Does this mean  that even if you pull my head completely off, I can't sue you?"

"No, that's the next page . This one says you still have to pay us."😮

Same as mine, signing the tablet at the desk has been the case for a few years, as have digital X-rays and a camera to show you where your filling is going.

Now they have dumped the horrible plasticine stuff and replaced with a 3D scanner which you can watch on the screen as it maps out your mouth and the area in which crown will be placed. 

• Like 5

I was awoken this morning by flashing lights outside, not the usual blue or orange ones, wasn’t traffic as no noise, got out of bed fully expecting to an Alien spaceship outside, instead I saw 4 police officers with very bright torches searching the churchyard opposite & a helicopter flying over the woods beyond, I don’t think anyone had risen from the dead! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Good luck today. I too have developed a bad gagging reflex. At my appointment last week it took me 4 attempts to get the x-ray done. I felt such an idiot but just couldn't help it. All that "breathe deeply and concentrate on tapping your hands on the chair arms" just doesn't work for me. My best advice - don't go! No seriously I hope it's not as bad as you fear. Jane.x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good luck today. I too have developed a bad gagging reflex. At my appointment last week it took me 4 attempts to get the x-ray done. I felt such an idiot but just couldn't help it. All that "breathe deeply and concentrate on tapping your hands on the chair arms" just doesn't work for me. My best advice - don't go! No seriously I hope it's not as bad as you fear. Jane.x

I read on some dentistry website one thing to try is to hum because you can’t hum and gag at the same time apparently. Doesn’t humming involve putting your lips together, how does that work when you have to have your mouth open for dentist work 😂

• Haha 1

@P&O SUEI'm sorry your Mum is not too well, but you know we oldies are tougher than we look. Especially the female of the the species😉😁.

I hope she's feeling somewhat  better today and pass on all the get well wishes from your CC friends.💐

I know it's not easy, but try not to worry too much Sue, she's being well looked after.🤗

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I read on some dentistry website one thing to try is to hum because you can’t hum and gag at the same time apparently. Doesn’t humming involve putting your lips together, how does that work when you have to have your mouth open for dentist work 😂

Have any of you with gag problems tried any form of sedation ? eg Gas & air, or intravenous drips. One day I know a dental visit  will be required, but I am dreading the thought of it. 

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have any of you with gag problems tried any form of sedation ? eg Gas & air, or intravenous drips. One day I know a dental visit  will be required, but I am dreading the thought of it. 

There are anaesthetic throat sprays which dentists sometimes use to help - might be worth asking.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I gag less or hardly at all when I brush my teeth at night after an evening glass of wine or 2 than my brushing in the morning. Dentist might not like me breathing alcohol fumes over them though😊

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I don’t go to the hygienist anymore, I always hated that more than the dentist.

What I have now is a power water flosser to keep plaque at bay. Between that and interdental brushes I don’t feel the need to pay £47 a go for someone else to do it.

It took a while to get used to the water flosser and at first I had to use it in the shower as the water was all over the place (ever tried a flossed nose - not good). Now I’ve got the hang of it, it works really well.

I’m sure all will be fine today but if not perhaps worth a though as an alternative.

• Like 5