P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

What a fantastic job, Brian.  Your neighbours should be buying you drinks, not shouting at you - but I can just picture someone like Brian's cousin or whatever she is behaving like that.  I am loving the interactions with her and everyone else on Corrie and now discover she is true to life!

Just don't forget mad dogs and Englishmen ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

What a fantastic job, Brian.  Your neighbours should be buying you drinks, not shouting at you - but I can just picture someone like Brian's cousin or whatever she is behaving like that.  I am loving the interactions with her and everyone else on Corrie and now discover she is true to life!

Just don't forget mad dogs and Englishmen ....

She is in the house just at the edge of our complex not connected but close enough to be a pain,lol.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I have a 2hr window when the sun goes over to the back of house,3 to 5 (5 is beer o,clock).I started grinding bricks yesterday at 3.30.A woman just arrived from Rome in the house just at the edge of our complex started screaming that this is Italy and not to start till 5.

I don't get why people want to start shouting at that time in the morning..

My neighbour was banging on the wall at 4.20 am, can you believe that?

Lucky I was still up playing my Black Sabbath Paranoid album  .
He banged and shouted, "Can we have a little respect please?"

I didn't even know he was an erasure fan 🥴🙃

• Haha 17

We were lying in bed listening to the next door neighbour's dog barking. It had been barking for ages.
So I jumped out of bed and  and go downstairs.
When I got back Mrs YP says, "The dog is still barking. What have you been doing?"
"I've put their dog in our yard - now we'll see how they like it!"
  • Haha 18

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

34c here,mad dogs and Englishmen.Our communal front path has subsided.I decided to dig it out lay reinforced concrete and rebed bricks in fresh sand.20230623_0653061565.thumb.jpg.c269a9bfcff6b15f956e885e0d2bc2ed.jpg20230623_0655431562.thumb.jpg.3cfe497a51d6a1487f9f3f953bf4053e.jpg20230623_1028061563.thumb.jpg.5e419cc17c06304c95163d41c802d203.jpgIMG_20230627_2026171451569.thumb.jpg.1fc82121f3208aa44f24002812e85e7d.jpg

Well done.

20°C and raining here.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

Met friends in the village taking their neighbours dog for a walk.We walked up to a water fall high above the village.We're flying back till 15th August tomorrow so are meeting them for a pizza later.IMG-20230628-WA00001570.thumb.jpg.b495be69d15b1826a4692883156048a4.jpg20230628_1058021571.thumb.jpg.ebfeebbc07b9f0301ff7c6eb4c9ea3e7.jpg

• Like 14

Anyone being plagued by house flies at the moment? We live opposite a farm, and they’ve been a real nuisance over the last couple of weeks. I’m guessing it’s the hot weather, combined with what’s being stored for use on the fields, but we must have killed about 100 today!

Don’t use insecticides, particularly inside, so it’s down to more manual control methods. Neighbour’s resorting to old fashioned fly papers, so for the first time ever that’s our next line of attack.

17 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Anyone being plagued by house flies at the moment? We live opposite a farm, and they’ve been a real nuisance over the last couple of weeks. I’m guessing it’s the hot weather, combined with what’s being stored for use on the fields, but we must have killed about 100 today!

Don’t use insecticides, particularly inside, so it’s down to more manual control methods. Neighbour’s resorting to old fashioned fly papers, so for the first time ever that’s our next line of attack.

We had been largely fly free until the last week or so when the cows in the fields were moved to the closest field to our house. Why is it that if they come into the house they always go to closed window not to the one that’s open?😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

This one's for you Harry 🙂

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her Husband standing around with a fly swatter

She asked. "What are you doing?"
"Hunting Flies"  he said

"Oh. and have  killed any?" She asked.

"Yep, 4 males, 3 Females," he replied.

Puzzled by this she asked. "How can you tell them apart?"

He responded, "4 were on my beer cans and the other 3 were on the phone.

Happy hunting  H   🙃

• Haha 22

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

We have seen an increase too, fields are over a mile away now new houses have been built, we have one these, practising my forehand and overhead smashes.

IMG_1700.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Our boy Derek is now a fully qualified Guide Dog and has been matched with an owner. So proud of you Derek xx

20230628_172139.jpg

Many congratulations to you all.  You must be beyond proud of your boy. Derek looks pretty proud of himself  - quite right too. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

My grandmother was a demon fly swatter. She was a small woman but was very strong and would give them a real thwack ….. even if they were on my Grandad’s head! 
She would replace her swatter every Monday …. a rolled up News of the World. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

My SIL is a dab hand at fly swatting. While we were at the dinner table one day she just thumped her fist down on to the table, then informed me, "una zanzara meno" (one less mosquito)!

They sprayed our village in the middle of the night Tuesday after warning everyone to keep their windows shut.Not many people survived at sea level round here 150 years ago with maleria rife.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

What's happening.The earth moved for people in Stoke last night.

'a huge rumble and houses shook'... 

Are we sure it's not just cruise day and all that wheelie luggage being dragged over the cobbles😂

Being 'oop North' it's all cobbled streets right? 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning, 13.c and forecast 20.c ,so just pleasant temperatures today.

We gave the grass a cut yesterday ,ready for the garden waste collection bins tomorrow.

This morning I will send in gas /elect readings with the tariffs changing on the 1st of month.

Then a nice easy day for us , hope you all have a good one too ,take care .

• Like 8

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We got home last night after a few nights in Jersey with my mum. The hotel and food were fabulous, I would definitely stay there again. 

Two loads of washing done last night, packing again today as traveling to Dorset tomorrow to visit friends for a few nights.

Having to fit in a quick visit to the optician this morning as I broke my sunglasses yesterday. A visit to M & S food hall for my mum too and a visit to the beautician for my to get my eyelashes done and a visit to the gym to resurrect my membership following surgery a few months ago. Phew!! A busy day ahead!!

Take care everyone and have a nice day

Michelle

• Like 12

Lovely morning here, the sun was streaming through the windows when I woke at 07:00, normally I would turn over but after the dull day yesterday I thought it was better to get up, we need a bit of shopping for friends visiting this weekend so probably a run to Barnsley, do Th'asda and brekkie at Costa, then hopefully a relaxing day reading in the garden. Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

What's happening.The earth moved for people in Stoke last night.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

'a huge rumble and houses shook'... 

Are we sure it's not just cruise day and all that wheelie luggage being dragged over the cobbles😂

Being 'oop North' it's all cobbled streets right? 

Andy

Cheeky...we never felt a thing! But then again next door are having a solid roof put on their conservatory and the house has been vibrating all day, so we would probably thought we imagined it..

• Like 6
  • Haha 6