P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, a lovely few days forecast so the patio will have visitors. Managed to book the Olive Grove and the Beech House for a couple of nights at each for our 17th Sep cruise on Arvia. Will be interesting to see the differences between her and Iona.

Perdy, many thanks for pics and info of Sky Princess, have a lovely cruise.

All sorted now, approached it from a different angle😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

Fantastic football result yesterday at Sunderland.

I hope you and Ted had lovely bacon Sarnies.

We had a lovely church service today with a few of our favourite hymns and a great Sermon which I have put the link on today's HAL daily.

It is currently sunny and 24°C.

Graham xx

IMG_20230903_115147.jpg

We're off to Toulouse in the morning. 34c.🤔

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I read your post yesterday, researched the cruise and booked it today!  Great itinerary, so thank you 👍

You are welcome. It is a great itinerary, we have been to most of the places on the St Lawrence and always wanted to go back plus we have not done the eastern side of the states. Hope to see you onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over the coming days as the country suffers in a heat wave and you send photos of your meals and beautiful sunny snaps please share a thought for anyone involved in a school ....

We have battled through the rain, cold and winds throughout August and have now had to go back to work / school

Not bitter ..... much .... really

😉

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Over the coming days as the country suffers in a heat wave and you send photos of your meals and beautiful sunny snaps please share a thought for anyone involved in a school ....

We have battled through the rain, cold and winds throughout August and have now had to go back to work / school

😉

My daughter was having a moan today about the weather changing as she goes back to school tomorrow and she starts her new job as deputy head!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My daughter was having a moan today about the weather changing as she goes back to school tomorrow and she starts her new job as deputy head!

Wish her well from me. Good luck for the future.

Hope her school is not affected by this concrete fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

😉

Hang on in there …… that Caribbean cruise is moving ever nearer; freedom looms 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

😉

Quite agree as I went through being a school teacher for quite a few years teaching military children, but we all get our rewards later in life , I was very busy being a teacher during the day and a driving instructor at night , work hard when young and play when older and rewards will come 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

😉

Don’t worry, you will be in our thoughts as we sit out looking over the sea, chilled glass in hand, possibly feasting on barbecued food. 

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

My daughter said the same, she returns on Tuesday to her role as Special Needs teacher, her workload has increased in the last 2 years and she is wondering what the new intake will bring. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is already 15°C and sunny here.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are well this morning.

Nice here in Lancashire too, and off to WWT Martin Mere (we are lifetime members and it's my go-to place, like your beach visits maybe Graham?) to visit the ducks shortly, with our teenage grandson. Yesterday we took him to the Avro Heritage Museum at Stockport, where he and DH did a few of the cockpit tours.  They were especially pleased to do the Vulcan tour with a genuine former Vulcan pilot.  This museum is well worth a visit for anyone remotely interested - and has a good café with lovely views, which is where I spent much of my time 😉 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Bob interesting, we tried to book the Beach House but were unable to book 7-8pm, only the 5.30 or 5.45 were available to book. What time did you manage to book if you don't mind me asking?

Pleased you are sorted. I booked at 8.30am, many would have stayed up until after midnight ! managed to get 7pm in Beech House, so very fortunate.

• Like 2

It’s 26C here with light breeze and clear blue sky.

I was attempting to finish putting in the new raised bed, but a combination of aching shoulders after yesterday’s demolition of a small wall and blazing sunshine, I have postponed until tomorrow afternoon when the area will be in the shade.

Have decided to order a skip to dispose of rubble and the old raised bed, plus some items dumped at side of garage, just a matter of deciding which day.

This afternoon a volunteer shift will be quite pleasant as cooler there due to shading of trees and nearby river. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

😉

Lovely and sunny here in Lightwood, just had lunch outside making the most of the  sun while we can 🌞  I didn’t think to take any photographs to share. 

The postman has spoiled the day by pushing an hospital appointment through the door, so while you are enjoying school for the next few weeks I  will be having my annual mammogram to check that I am still clear and then worrying until I get the results.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Lovely and sunny here in Lightwood, just had lunch outside making the most of the  sun while we can 🌞  I didn’t think to take any photographs to share. 

The postman has spoiled the day by pushing an hospital appointment through the door, so while you are enjoying school for the next few weeks I  will be having my annual mammogram to check that I am still clear and then worrying until I get the results.

Sunny here too😎 Hope you don’t have too long to wait and result is positive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Scorchio here too, bq at friends this afternoon. Make the most of it, you know it won't last. 

Far too hot for me but I just find a bit of shade . I was kicked out of the cinema today just

because I took my own food! My argument was the prices they charge there are outrageous,

and besides I haven't had a barbecue for ages. 🙃😆

Grillin.jpg.53e20647b948a4c2905763dcd94a2629.jpg                                                                                                           

I was just grilling a chicken but it still wouldn't tell me why it crossed the road  ?  😉

28.c now here ,so take care when out and about .

• Haha 12

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck everything is fine Josy.

• Like 4

Evening all. Been busy running errands for my parents Friday and Saturday but yesterday we escaped to my happy place- Broadstairs! John was sceptical as it was a bit murky driving down but I told him it was going to improve - lovely few hours were spent there.

Today, back to reality mentally busy day at work (due to not enough staff) and I’ve got to help M&D out again tomorrow, no restful day off! It’s warm in their flat so I will be melting! 

IMG_9375.jpeg

IMG_9387.jpeg

IMG_9386.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 10