P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I went to bed last night feeling fine and woke up this morning feeling like I was dieing with a cold.  I texted my niece to let her know that I wouldn't be visiting her this afternoon in hospital and she said to take a covid test so I  have done that and sure enough it has come back positive so I am isolating again now.

Added :

The covid vaccine booster that I had 3 weeks ago has obviously done no good.

Sorry to hear this Josy, hope your symptoms are mild and that you recover quickly 

Michelle

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That was then, Avril!    Different expectations now.

Unfortunately that's true, but your expections although different are no less important. Consideration and compromise are two words that are fast becoming oboslete.

Avril

• Like 6

We’re really enjoying our Aurora cruise  - it’s good to be back onboard her and we have had lovely weather and calm seas. Lovely to meet up with @yorkshirephiland @Astrajet last week for a chat. 

Yesterday we had a pleasant day in Heraklion and a delicious lunch of shrimp risotto.

Today we have enjoyed a wander around Mykonos. It was quite busy as there was Virgin Resilient Lady, Silver Spirit and Star Legend in as well as us. 

IMG_1183.jpeg

• Like 13

13 hours ago, brian1 said:

Never been there or Wales for that matter.All those run down dockside areas in loads of cities after being revamped have transformed those cities.I'll soon find out,lol.

Plenty to do and see in Cardiff. Swansea is another matter though! We we there last week and apart from the Mumbles, which we love, Swansea is looking really worse for wear. Apparently, it used to have a very elegant and prosperous centre before the heavy three night raid in 1941. Don’t think it ever recovered. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Sorry to change the subject, but which one of you lovely people was it that fell of your bike coming down from the Loen skylift? 

My BIL wants to do it, (without the falling off obvs) but can't see any info anywhere? 

Was it Purplesea maybe? 

Andy

Hi Andy I’m just catching up on this tonight or shall I say the wee hours in the morning, yes it was me that fell of the bike , il do some research in the morning to see the company I did it through.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi Andy I’m just catching up on this tonight or shall I say the wee hours in the morning, yes it was me that fell of the bike , il do some research in the morning to see the company I did it through.

Thank you Sandra, but don't drive yourself mad. 

It's causing arguments as Michelle's brother is insisting on doing it but her and his wife really don't want him to, especially after I told them that you fell off😂

Andy

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Remember that a lot of people also work from home now and need more space. 

If  you read my original post, this one broke planning rules, so should never have gone through, as it would have if not for timely intervention.  And in this case, they do not need a room to work from home in, or more for any future children.    I fully appreciate that many people do need extra space, but not in this case, nor should planners be allowed to break their own laws.  Yes, there are many cases which for reasons of work or a large family could and should have some extra space - providing it does not affect neighbours as badly as this would have, and break the rules.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's causing arguments as Michelle's brother is insisting on doing it but her and his wife really don't want him to, especially after I told them that you fell off😂

Andy

I think it was Evel Kneveil bicycle tours Ltd.Andy.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Plenty to do and see in Cardiff. Swansea is another matter though! We we there last week and apart from the Mumbles, which we love, Swansea is looking really worse for wear. Apparently, it used to have a very elegant and prosperous centre before the heavy three night raid in 1941. Don’t think it ever recovered. 

Thanks for the headsup on Swansea,that was on my list.Luckily a bit too far on the coach,

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy

Morning Andy that made me laugh, I really think I fell off because I was not a experienced bike rider and it was about 12 years ago I sat on a bike , having said that my husband had never rode a bike in 25 years plus and managed to stay on his 😂.anyway here’s who I booked through 

Rail Ninja which was £74 one way , which at the time was the only website that sold the tickets early and gave a nice list of all the times 

For our bike rental it was www.visit Norway.com then you hit for the company website and it comes up with Cafe Rallaren Bike rental, ( or just look up Cafe Rallaren bike rental) it’s right at the stop where the train stops to come back you can’t miss it , all different prices for different sized bikes ours was Kr520 for medium full suspension bike which you need after doing 20ks cycling 🥴 OR he could do !

Flam railway then Flam zip line & cycle Nok 1600 which cuts out the 22 hairpins and gravel, but you really miss out on the views of the beautiful waterfalls .

Norways best .com the flam railway prices for one way is from Nok 410 to 470 which I think prices were cheaper but we couldn’t get booked on them , I booked in the December and we went in June .

Im sure he will be fine and I’m glad we done it for the experience but just wished we done it when we were younger and fitter.

47 minutes ago, lincslady said:

If  you read my original post, this one broke planning rules, so should never have gone through, as it would have if not for timely intervention.  And in this case, they do not need a room to work from home in, or more for any future children.    I fully appreciate that many people do need extra space, but not in this case, nor should planners be allowed to break their own laws.  Yes, there are many cases which for reasons of work or a large family could and should have some extra space - providing it does not affect neighbours as badly as this would have, and break the rules.

It  really is important for anyone considering an extension to discuss this with neighbours at an early stage. We did that with our neighbours and modified our plans to accommodate their few and minor concerns, and remained good friends for the 40 yrs we lived there.

• Like 7

Exactly.  The first I knew was a letter from the Planners some 3 months after the application had been first thought of.  I thought it had all been done with malice aforethought, and my relative at the meeting said that it was just done with no idea of any consequences, i.e.by people in their thirties who should be more aware of how the world works.  I am now getting over the anxiety, but funnily enough feeling more angry, though mainly with the Planners.

I am sure you have all heard enough of this by now, so if you don't make more  comments on the topic, I will shut up!

• Like 1

Good morning, bright but cold. I have just received an upgrade offer for our Jan cruise on Azure. We are in a suite, first time, and been offered a penthouse suite, minimum bid £660 each.. Not bothered but interesting because I understood offers were only sent to people who hsd booked direct, we booked through an agent.

19 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am sure you have all heard enough of this by now, so if you don't make more  comments on the topic, I will shut up!

We had a young couple move in next door, both are self employed, and have 3 kids.

They had a loft conversion to give more space .

As we have big long gardens he had a man cave size of a porta cabin built with a power supply at the top away from the houses .

He had a bar with music centre etc and uses this as a workplace /relax centre.

When doing this work he always let us know in case of any noise . 

So there is always other options available other than an extension .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Morning Andy that made me laugh, I really think I fell off because I was not a experienced bike rider and it was about 12 years ago I sat on a bike , having said that my husband had never rode a bike in 25 years plus and managed to stay on his 😂.anyway here’s who I booked through 

Rail Ninja which was £74 one way , which at the time was the only website that sold the tickets early and gave a nice list of all the times 

For our bike rental it was www.visit Norway.com then you hit for the company website and it comes up with Cafe Rallaren Bike rental, ( or just look up Cafe Rallaren bike rental) it’s right at the stop where the train stops to come back you can’t miss it , all different prices for different sized bikes ours was Kr520 for medium full suspension bike which you need after doing 20ks cycling 🥴 OR he could do !

Flam railway then Flam zip line & cycle Nok 1600 which cuts out the 22 hairpins and gravel, but you really miss out on the views of the beautiful waterfalls .

Norways best .com the flam railway prices for one way is from Nok 410 to 470 which I think prices were cheaper but we couldn’t get booked on them , I booked in the December and we went in June .

Im sure he will be fine and I’m glad we done it for the experience but just wished we done it when we were younger and fitter.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful. 

Sounds fantastic, but I'm just not brave enough to try... 

Even if I was, there is no way Michelle would let me😂

Andy

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, bright but cold. I have just received an upgrade offer for our Jan cruise on Azure. We are in a suite, first time, and been offered a penthouse suite, minimum bid £660 each.. Not bothered but interesting because I understood offers were only sent to people who hsd booked direct, we booked through an agent.

Be careful with the penthouse, there are only 2 on the ship and if they are the same as Ventura they have a stanchion running down the balcony. Personally I don't think it is worth £660 each more.