P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But this was a P&O charter flight, which P&O customer service keep telling passengers does not qualify for the night b4 drop off.

Malta seems to be the exception when I checked.

We have decided to take the P&O coach down to Southampton for our upcoming cruise.  In the past we have driven down the day before and stayed overnight in or around Southampton or gone down on Eavesway coaches.

Have any of you taken the P&O coach from Keele ?  I am that sad person who likes to get everything sorted in advance so I would like to know what sort of time will we need to be at Keele so that I can twist the arm of one of my sisters to take us to Keele or failing that book a taxi.

• Like 2

Help please, can I pick your brains.

Probably about two years ago  someone on here said they had got a new Rollator, I remember them saying how good it was, and modern and different colours.  If remembered, could it be used for indoor use only?

Unfortunately I think I need to have one, but only indoors  and hopefully only until they can get  the pain under control, which is proving very difficult.  I am furniture and door walking at present

I fell for good advertising  and decided to treat myself to one called Scandinavian Butler but it is much bulkier than it looks in adverts and someone said "over engineered".    

As an aside,  I told my lot I had ordered one called Swedish Butler by mistake.  They all googled, with some quite eye opening and hilarious finds😀☺️🤣

• Haha 2

10c but little breeze and mostly sunny at the moment. The forecast show rain or showers most days for the next 2 weeks which won't help the moss plague around here that is growing not only on the grass but roof tiles, gutters and patio.

Another subject, evening meal times for us are so different on cruises. We normally eat between 5 and 5.30pm at home  but on cruises we opt for late sitting and can often be tucking into our main course after 9 pm. We tend to retire to bed at around 11.30 to midnight but don't seem to suffer any indigestion problems even though the meal is larger than we would have at home.

• Like 3

Durr - I posted this in the wrong thread.  Hope it’s not too out of date

Good Morning all.  The sun is shining, the world is calm - you wouldn’t think it could be so different from yesterday.  Anyway, fingers crossed that everyone is well, that all buildings and outbuildings have survived unscathed and that the seas are calm for those currently cruising

• Like 6

Lovely sunny morning here with a light breeze, we missed the worst of the storm just wet here. We had a drive into Barnsley this morning as I was getting Costa withdrawal symptoms. I got a much better nights sleep last night, I did resort to a codeine tablet with the paracetamol. I have got used to the crutches now and can get around quite well without having to think about which leg should go first, no problem walking around town. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Morning, bright and chilly, quite pleasant for November.

Isn't it strange how we change our eating habits on a cruise? At home dinner is between 5.30 and 6pm, on a ship we try to eat about 7.30 on freedom dining, also I eat very little for breakfast at home, onboard I go for eggs benedict with bacon, fresh fruit salad and toast. Roll on Azura in January.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely sunny morning here with a light breeze, we missed the worst of the storm just wet here. We had a drive into Barnsley this morning as I was getting Costa withdrawal symptoms. I got a much better nights sleep last night, I did resort to a codeine tablet with the paracetamol. I have got used to the crutches now and can get around quite well without having to think about which leg should go first, no problem walking around town. 

Great news Phil.

I'm really pleased for you.

I had a haircut this morning and had a coffee overlooking the sea.

IMG_20231103_112457.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have decided to take the P&O coach down to Southampton for our upcoming cruise.  In the past we have driven down the day before and stayed overnight in or around Southampton or gone down on Eavesway coaches.

Have any of you taken the P&O coach from Keele ?  I am that sad person who likes to get everything sorted in advance so I would like to know what sort of time will we need to be at Keele so that I can twist the arm of one of my sisters to take us to Keele or failing that book a taxi.

Hi Josy, we have taken the free coach from P&O a number of times but prefer to go with Eavesway. Intercruises time from Keele is approx 09:30/09:45 where as Eavesway time from Keele is 08:45. If you need a reliable transfer to Keele I can recommend  BFirst from Hanford, we used him in Sept and he was very prompt  outbound and was waiting for us on the return.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Hi Josy, we have taken the free coach from P&O a number of times but prefer to go with Eavesway. Intercruises time from Keele is approx 09:30/09:45 where as Eavesway time from Keele is 08:45. If you need a reliable transfer to Keele I can recommend  BFirst from Hanford, we used him in Sept and he was very prompt  outbound and was waiting for us on the return.

Thank you. 

I will try BFirst, I would prefer not to ask my sisters at the moment because we are all trying to do as much as we can to help my sister whose husband and daughter are both seriously ill with cancer.  

The reason that we chose to take the free coach rather than booking with Eavesway was that for our last cruise we went with Eavesway and were not impressed with the Eavesway driver, the coach was late arriving at Keele and he was trying to make up time by speeding.  He was consequently pulled over just past Stafford by the police and I didn't feel safe on the coach.

Edited by Josy1953

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Help please, can I pick your brains.

Probably about two years ago  someone on here said they had got a new Rollator, I remember them saying how good it was, and modern and different colours.  If remembered, could it be used for indoor use only?

Unfortunately I think I need to have one, but only indoors  and hopefully only until they can get  the pain under control, which is proving very difficult.  I am furniture and door walking at present

I fell for good advertising  and decided to treat myself to one called Scandinavian Butler but it is much bulkier than it looks in adverts and someone said "over engineered".    

As an aside,  I told my lot I had ordered one called Swedish Butler by mistake.  They all googled, with some quite eye opening and hilarious finds😀☺️🤣

Sorry to hear of the mobility problems you're currently having.  I think it might have been me that mentioned a rollator, and if so it's a Rollz Motion - it's really great for its purposes, but I only ever need to use it outside, and then primarily as a seat every so often. We walk a mile or so every day and it's clocked up around a thousand miles so far without any kind of maintenance.  Probably gross overkill, because it also converts into a wheelchair, but that's never been necessary.  It wasn't clear when I bought it just how much worse the underlying medical condition might get, so we overthought things a bit.  

It folds neatly and quickly, which was one of the main reasons for getting it, and it's not bad looking, but probably way over the top for indoor use only.

I can thoroughly recommend it for its design (Dutch) and quality, and I've added a link in case you're interested. The Rollz Flex might be more suitable for your purposes, but they might all suffer from the problems your Swedish Butler (!) suffered from.

https://www.rollzmobility.co.uk/

There are better prices to be had of course by shopping around online.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you. 

I will try BFirst, I would prefer not to ask my sisters at the moment because we are all trying to do as much as we can to help my sister whose husband and daughter are both seriously ill with cancer.  

The reason that we chose to take the free coach rather than booking with Eavesway was that for our last cruise we went with Eavesway and were not impressed with the Eavesway driver, the coach was late arriving at Keele and he was trying to make up time by speeding.  He was consequently pulled over just past Stafford by the police and I didn't feel safe on the coach.

Yes I remember reading your post. We had two lovely ladies driving our coach going down and a lovely gentleman on the return. Coach arrived bang on 08:45 at Keele, we were delayed on return with the usual people who couldn't find their luggage.

Hello all, more misery here, it’s never ending! John has managed to break his arm in 2 places and can’t drive/work for 6 weeks!! 😱😞 As I don’t drive this is going to be dreadful, especially with my mum here and her mobility issues! I’m happy to get a bus/taxi or walk to places but I can’t do it with mum.

The last few weeks have been truly rough.

• Like 15

44 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, more misery here, it’s never ending! John has managed to break his arm in 2 places and can’t drive/work for 6 weeks!! 😱😞 As I don’t drive this is going to be dreadful, especially with my mum here and her mobility issues! I’m happy to get a bus/taxi or walk to places but I can’t do it with mum.

The last few weeks have been truly rough.

Oh Sue - you poor thing. Sorry for John as well of course but it's you that all the responsibility falls on. I can only send a big hug and wish you well.  Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1