P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

cīvis Rōmānus sum

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Really? I thought you were Scottish. 😉

I looked that up too😁

Avril

What did the Roman say when his wife was eaten by a tiger?......

Gladiator   🙃

• Haha 14

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Really? I thought you were Scottish. 😉

I looked that up too😁

Avril

It’s about all I remember from Latin along with amo, amas, amat, ammamus, amatis, amant etc and stories about Claudia and her brother Magnus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

I also did Latin (and Ancient Greek)

currently revisiting Latin at u3a and Duolingo 

I didn’t realise Duolingo did Latin. I don’t remember much as it was so long ago.

I’m trying to learn a little more Italian, they say that learning a language (or a musical instrument) helps to keep the brain sharp.

Good luck with the studies.

• Like 4

I've slept for an hour and a half.  Got up and tipped a whole glass of water over the floor  Unfortunately I can't mop it up properly. I did my best and have now covered the area  with a bath sheet and OH will deal in the morning.  grrrr.  I have someone coming at 10 am so wanted to be up and ready reasonably early, but not this early  Oh well.

I came to bed at 9 to do some holiday research and got a bit carried away and got myself excited about things , nearly dropped of a few times but that’s only a minute because my iPad was still lite up , I’m watching the clock and saying go to sleep your be up in a few hours, oh well I have nothing to get up for so can have a lay in, hope you get to sleep soon .

• Like 1

Its surprising how many people are up in the middle of the night.  We usually feel we are the only one, or one of very few.

I think a cup of tea and a couple of Ryvita are a good idea, although I would really like a sausage sandwich!😏😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tonight has been particularly bad for sleep. I usually have one really wakeful night then sleep properly for the next 2 or 3 days.

Rather than toss and turn I tend to get up and catch on on reading or even cook. I often make a loaf or pot of soup in the middle of the night.

I hope I don’t get a reply and that @indiana123 and @Purdey16 are now in the land of nod.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have had a bad night too, obviously in good company.  After looking on here two hours ago, then reading my current book, an  Ann Cleeves Vera,  now dare not go back to sleep as I too have an appointment this morning; kind neighbours taking me to the local hosp. for more blood tests (to see if the anticoags. are not affecting things, I believe).  So a mug of tea and another read, email kids at 6 and get up around 7.  It is all really good fun, isn't it.

Being a bit pedantic - I think it is memento mori, not momento?  I did Latin to O level, but it is not a language  you can practise on later of course, unlike French and German etc.

Hope we night owls make up for lack of sleep tonight, or at least soon!  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I have had a bad night too, obviously in good company.  After looking on here two hours ago, then reading my current book, an  Ann Cleeves Vera,  now dare not go back to sleep as I too have an appointment this morning; kind neighbours taking me to the local hosp. for more blood tests (to see if the anticoags. are not affecting things, I believe).  So a mug of tea and another read, email kids at 6 and get up around 7.  It is all really good fun, isn't it.

Being a bit pedantic - I think it is memento mori, not momento?  I did Latin to O level, but it is not a language  you can practise on later of course, unlike French and German etc.

Hope we night owls make up for lack of sleep tonight, or at least soon!  

Not pedantic at all, you are absolutely correct. Didn’t notice I had misspelled it (I do that a lot).

Hope all goes well at the hospital.

• Thanks 1

Morning all,we're taking our 3 year old grandaughter to the new Barking riverside station this morning.From there the Thames Clipper to the O2,1 hr softplay in the O2 and a return cable car across the Thames to the Excel.Returning on the Thames Clipper.A new experience for us also and being linked to TFL we get 50% with our freedom passes.The grandaughter is free.I remember Barking riverside when I used to play there when I was a kid.It was wasteland dotted with air raid shelters,abandoned gun emplacements and a derelict power station where we used to climb up the coal conveyor belts.Not very H&S now,lol.Great fun on the beaches of the Thames.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,we're taking our 3 year old grandaughter to the new Barking riverside station this morning.From there the Thames Clipper to the O2,1 hr softplay in the O2 and a return cable car across the Thames to the Excel.Returning on the Thames Clipper.A new experience for us also and being linked to TFL we get 50% with our freedom passes.The grandaughter is free.I remember Barking riverside when I used to play there when I was a kid.It was wasteland dotted with air raid shelters,abandoned gun emplacements and a derelict power station where we used to climb up the coal conveyor belts.Not very H&S now,lol.Great fun on the beaches of the Thames.

I am sure that we in North Staffordshire won’t have to wait much longer for such traffic infrastructure to reach us. After all, we are all allegedly being levelled up. 🚌

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Lovely peaceful view Graham, it’s dry here but grey sky but I think we will go to the beach this morning for a walk as there’s no wind.

brian that sounds a nice day out with the cable car and the Thames Clipper, but soft play 🙅‍♀️ don’t get stuck in the tubes 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Morning 9.c and sunny here 🙂

I think we have found out the reason these boards are quiet in the day time .

Most of you are on the night shift  contemplating things like.. Should I start 

baking or make a sausage sandwich or better still book an holiday ?🤔

You think of the strangest things in the we small hours like ...

"If you could sleep with anyone living or anyone dead, who would it be?" ......

I decided  "Definitely somebody living" 🙃

Our daughter asked me if I could rock our baby grand daughter to sleep

but I failed ,maybe she isn't keen on Status Quo 😉

To all of you who are awake ,have a nice day and hope others do once they wake up.

Take care .🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

That sounds like a lovely day, hope you all have a great day out

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning 9.c and sunny here 🙂

I think we have found out the reason these boards are quiet in the day time .

Most of you are on the night shift  contemplating things like.. Should I start 

baking or make a sausage sandwich or better still book an holiday ?🤔

You think of the strangest things in the we small hours like ...

"If you could sleep with anyone living or anyone dead, who would it be?" ......

I decided  "Definitely somebody living" 🙃

Our daughter asked me if I could rock our baby grand daughter to sleep

but I failed ,maybe she isn't keen on Status Quo 😉

To all of you who are awake ,have a nice day and hope others do once they wake up.

Take care .🙂

Made me laugh again this morning Kalos. Thanks....living, or dead ?🤣

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It’s drizzly here, after a promising start.

A man is here doing something to the water softener, and that’s as exciting as things get today 🙂

Brian’s day sounds good.  Hope the little one enjoys herself

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear people are not sleeping too well, never seems to be a problem for me, instead of counting sheep I count my money, doe's turn into a nightmare sometimes when I think I have spent some.

We did our last big shop this morning as we have just over a week left, the weather is still stunning, I am not sure how the locals see it as we have had no rain apart from a shower one night which is probably not beneficial to a hot dry country. The forecast is for more of the same.

• Like 9