P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I just hope there is someone senior on their staff who can suggest the right move to make to undo the harm this has done, as the P of W has become pretty popular with a lot of the British public for seeming to be a good mother who has concentrated on work for which she is admired, as well as being nice to look at and good with people - especially children.  Up to now she has been a definite asset to the family, but that reputation has taken a real nosedive, sadly.

I think Catherine has been thrown under the bus, to be honest. 

They have people to advise them on PR, and any photo selected would have been carefully chosen to promote the desired image of healthy and happy Catherine.

I'm finding it difficult to believe the idea, that that Catherine, who is still supposed to be getting better after her reported operation, just did some ad hoc Photoshopping and put the image out on Twitter, without any input from William and the Royal PR machine.

Yet the apology has been worded as if she is the one who has to carry the can for what happened. It doesn't sit right with me.

I wasn't expecting to see Catherine until after Easter as was previously advised, but there's been so much speculation, and the Royal machine seems to be making it worse every time they intervene, rather than reassuring people that all is well.  They've been so ham-fisted, it does make you wonder what on earth is going on behind closed royal doors. 

• Like 9

I tend to agree with you, and feel that - assuming she is genuinely pretty well by now - they should think up some way of her being seen and maybe even talking briefly in a way which satisfies those who have been thinking the worst and those of us who just hope that she is  fine.  I do find her impressive in the way that she has become such an asset to the 'firm', as a middle class girl who was brought up in a different environment from the Royals.  And can't help comparing her with the other daughter-in-law.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Back garden of hotel.Lovely when were here one summer eating outside.A bit sparce now,lol.IMG_20240312_1537232092149.thumb.jpg.aea801b1f8296067d40b0083256c008e.jpgIMG_20240312_1538548462147.thumb.jpg.8ff9c14ee4024c45635cb42c5ec235d6.jpgIMG_20240312_1537377322146.thumb.jpg.7a648bf371da1a9ddfadb79a6f6fd4a3.jpg

Having said that,I had my shirt off on the balcony at 3.30.Around 18c but feels more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I just hope there is someone senior on their staff who can suggest the right move to make to undo the harm this has done, as the P of W has become pretty popular with a lot of the British public for seeming to be a good mother who has concentrated on work for which she is admired, as well as being nice to look at and good with people - especially children.  Up to now she has been a definite asset to the family, but that reputation has taken a real nosedive, sadly.

Now they have got fed up with going after Harry & Meghan, the gutter press are starting on the P of W. Perhaps someone should camp outside the homes of editors and owners of these sewer newspapers and start taking and publishing pictures of their every move. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 11

I'm not a royalist to be honest but it beggars belief that this photo was not checked by the Royal Family's PR department. The professionals in stuff like this?  Its like no one paid to sort their publicity etc has done their job at all and the POW is left to pick up the pieces. If it was me the people paid to advise me would all be sacked by now! 

With all the speculation etc etc etc you'd think that they'd have been ultra careful. It's someone's job to make sure that this sort of fiasco doesn't happen ... whether you agree with what was done to the photo or not. They must be paid good money 

All very bizzare ... 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Indeed, but I do have to ask if everyone would be being so sympathetic and outraged at the coverage if the young lady who lives across the Pond had been the one to have committed this faux pas ... 

I hope that I would be equally sympathetic in that case, although I somehow doubt that Me me would be quite as quick to offer a no strings apology as Kate was.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I'm not a royalist to be honest but it beggars belief that this photo was not checked by the Royal Family's PR department. The professionals in stuff like this?  Its like no one paid to sort their publicity etc has done their job at all and the POW is left to pick up the pieces. If it was me the people paid to advise me would all be sacked by now! 

With all the speculation etc etc etc you'd think that they'd have been ultra careful. It's someone's job to make sure that this sort of fiasco doesn't happen ... whether you agree with what was done to the photo or not. They must be paid good money 

All very bizzare ... 

Why do you think that Royal protocol  advisors are likely to also be experts in spotting whether a photo has been modified? 

• Like 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Why do you think that Royal protocol  advisors are likely to also be experts in spotting whether a photo has been modified? 

They won't be but must know someone who can or be aware of the pitfalls.

Also to note, I didn't use the word protocol advisors. Having worked with press relations people in the past I would expect the ones employed by the RF to have more intelligence than has been shown 

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What on earth is misleading about photo editing a family photo, to try and improve the image. There is now a phone camera that uses its onboard photo editing features to advertise its benefits over others.

Why don’t they show the original then?! 

Morning all, just seen that due to an awful crash on the M6 yesterday Aurora left without a coach!! Those poor people, I’d be devastated. I can’t find many details but it seems they did wait for a while for them. 

• Like 5

My last word on the Royal photo, one of the ‘errors’ was Charlotte’s hair was shorter  one side than the other!!! What a load of rubbish, it was obviously down her back! People these days just want to cause trouble!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 14

42 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, just seen that due to an awful crash on the M6 yesterday Aurora left without a coach!! Those poor people, I’d be devastated. I can’t find many details but it seems they did wait for a while for them. 

The M6 is a nightmare.  I  would be devastated too.

I feel so sorry for those who missed the ship.  We always used to drive down the day before to be sure of avoiding any holdups that would make us miss the ship.  We started to take the coach a couple of years ago thinking that it would be easier and that the ship would probably wait for a coach load but I suppose that the ship has to leave because of the port schedule.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Do we know which company it was, Intercruises or Eavesway?

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

After work we called at McDonald's drive thru and got a takeaway and sat at the beach for an hour relaxing.

It is Pauline's birthday tomorrow.

IMG_20240312_173444.jpg

Morning Graham, 

Please wish Pauline a very happy birthday from both of us. 

Hope you both have a lovely day. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Waju said:

Happy birthday today to Pauline (@grapau27) 

I hope you have a lovely day!

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@grapau27 wishing Pauline a very happy birthday…🎉

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

@grapau27 best wishes to Pauline.  

image.png.9f6ea99939ddcffa43935d2bb0aeef30.png

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning Graham, 

Please wish Pauline a very happy birthday from both of us. 

Hope you both have a lovely day. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Pauline said

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes.

It is 12°C and cloudy here this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 9