P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

For some reason my Disney Magic photo didn’t appear! I’ll try again 

3902B414-352F-4FA3-8045-3247C6B77902.jpeg

I've just shown my daughter your photo and now she wants to go to Dover to see it 🙂 She is only interested in going on a cruise if it's on a Disney ship 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Same everywhere I’m afraid. And unless it’s made compulsory, as in most other countries, inside premises, it’s probably not going to change.

Gove now says it shouldn’t be compulsory - says it should be left to individuals to decide, using their common sense.  Much like the common sense needed to avoid litter on the streets or rubbish dumped in the countryside - it doesn’t exist in a significant number of people, and suggesting it does is either lazy or just plain naive.

Didn't I read somewhere yesterday, that masks will be made compulsory on public transport and in shops from next week? I've been doing that regardless since I began to venture out. Sensible really. As for commonsense Harry, ain't no such thing. If it was common , more people would have it 😆

Avril 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Didn't I read somewhere yesterday, that masks will be made compulsory on public transport and in shops from next week? I've been doing that regardless since I began to venture out. Sensible really. As for commonsense Harry, ain't no such thing. If it was common , more people would have it 😆

Avril 

Like you, Avril, I was assuming the government would take the common sense approach.

But then this:

Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53381000

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson

And rushed thru not properly tested vaccine might not be around till later side of first 

half of next year widely and as stated caution would need to apply as usually they are tested for  2 years and due to economic pressures none of the Covid ones of course will be.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-available-in-first-half-of-next-year-says-imperial-college-expert-12026917

Edited by Chrisdriving

I must say all this ‘we trust people’ is rubbish. Even though masks are supposed to be mandatory on public transport I’ve heard from friends that it’s not the case on buses. I said to my hubby I wouldn’t like to be a bus driver - and lo and behold - one was stabbed the other day for trying to enforce it! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

It all started with Cummings eye test fiasco and Boris condoning it.

People adhered (we still do) until then but I believe the 2 rules set in for a lot of people after that unfortunately.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

People adhered (we still do) until then but I believe the 2 rules set in for a lot of people after that unfortunately.

Absolutely agree with you. If I had a pound for every time I heard someone say that! It’s when the rot started to set in. “Why should I bother when they can do as they please”.

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely agree with you. If I had a pound for every time I heard someone say that! It’s when the rot started to set in. “Why should I bother when they can do as they please”.

Now summers here ,it must be time to .."Take it on the chin " :classic_unsure:  That was the plan wasn't it ? :classic_wacko:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Now summers here ,it must be time to .."Take it on the chin " :classic_unsure:  That was the plan wasn't it ? :classic_wacko:

Let the scientists take the blame and Boris the credit depending on the outcome seemed the only plan.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Let the scientists take the blame and Boris the credit depending on the outcome seemed the only plan.

If I had a pound for every time I heard that I'd have.............a pound.😂

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I agree too.

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Confusion as normal. when they work out which way the crowd is going they can run in front shouting follow me!

Dear readers this was not my original thought but I can't remember who said it.

Meanwhile back at castle davecttr both my neighbours are now happily accepting lettuces. The trifid danger is averted

Bad news, the manky touts appear to have mildew

Bought a wearable mask in wilkinsteins IMO rubbish or my ears are growing fast, maybe it is all that lettuce 😨

Edited by davecttr
can't spell are
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I know I wouldn't take risks with my health because some short - sighted covidiot decided he needed an eye test 

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I know I wouldn't take risks with my health because some short - sighted covidiot decided he needed an eye test 

Avril 

I know what you mean but also I think some people think the virus isn’t ‘out there’ so to speak as Cummings et al wouldn’t have risked it. They are privy to all the science and they obviously think it’s low risk. 

• Like 2

On a positive note we went to Wales for the first time in what seemed forever to buy our static caravan yesterday. It is on a beautiful site right by the sea with the most amazing views. We are about 50 yard from the sea. Wales was very quiet and the people very welcoming. Everyone we saw was still taking great care, which was refreshing. (This included locals and tourists)

There are still a lot of good people out there and sensible ones at that. We now know that we have somewhere to retreat to where we can be safe --- and we will make sure that we will ensure that we stick to the original lockdown rules to make sure that all of the people around us are safe too.

We are planning to just walk on the coastal path and by the sea - no need to put anyone at risk.

Thank you to those of you in North Wales yesterday who made us all feel safe and welcome.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 8