P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Yes, heard on the news last night that they have disproved that idea.  Tucson in Arizona is 116 degrees today, and they are having huge spikes.  Florida is the worst yet with over 15000 cases today, so heat is not going to kill it.

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I was at Uni in Wales too - Lampeter. Not a big University but I loved every minute of it.

Like you said, some lovely parts of the UK and time to explore 

Sounds ideal. Investing in such a holiday home is something we have been thinking of for some time but never really got round to doing. 

• Like 1

Just now, pete14 said:

Sounds ideal. Investing in such a holiday home is something we have been thinking of for some time but never really got round to doing. 

We had and the pandemic has given us the push we needed -------- still a bit unreal but Heaven just 90 min from the door !!!!

And that isn't including Tunstall Park of course ----------- and wow, those moorhen chicks have really grown 😉

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We had and the pandemic has given us the push we needed -------- still a bit unreal but Heaven just 90 min from the door !!!!

And that isn't including Tunstall Park of course ----------- and wow, those moorhen chicks have really grown 😉

So you will be there for the next six weeks then?

It looks fabulous.

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

And Harry has found somewhere else to live. If we were to start looking seriously for a ‘Heaven’ it would have to be dog friendly and lacking in large numbers of kids.

• Haha 1

Can I suggest that people go onto the BBC iplayer and look for  "A Wild Year", narrated by Toby Jones. Only three programmes -  Pembrokshire, the Fens, and Yorkshire. Great photography,  and more importantly,  why am l paying thousands of pounds to visit somewhere that is not nearly as beautiful as the UK?

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Can I suggest that people go onto the BBC iplayer and look for  "A Wild Year", narrated by Toby Jones. Only three programmes -  Pembrokshire, the Fens, and Yorkshire. Great photography,  and more importantly,  why am l paying thousands of pounds to visit somewhere that is not nearly as beautiful as the UK?

Also wowzz

There's a nice little book called The Pembrokeshire Coast, it's from the National Trust. Lots of info, and great photography.

23 hours ago, grapau27 said:

First Sunday Church service since lockdown.

Only 6 people including Pauline and I wore masks out of about 50 parishioners in church.

Did you have to make a booking to attend? My sister booked a slot for her and mum at mass last week but mum was really unhappy with the experience and was annoyed that a few tried to come into mass late without bookings. Dad is not well and still shielding so is happy watching mass online for now and my parish are not ready to put on services yet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We wanted Brexit but Cummings is shameful in what he did and for a clever man his eyesight testing stunt was insulting all our intelligence.

As he went to school in Durham he would have known Barnard Castle was a beauty spot.

You’ll love this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/12/revealed-dominic-cummings-firm-paid-vote-leaves-ai-firm-260000

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, heard on the news last night that they have disproved that idea.  Tucson in Arizona is 116 degrees today, and they are having huge spikes.  Florida is the worst yet with over 15000 cases today, so heat is not going to kill it.

We are doing the scenic Northumberland route I mentioned.

First stop Bambrough Castle.

IMG_20200713_111219.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Did you have to make a booking to attend? My sister booked a slot for her and mum at mass last week but mum was really unhappy with the experience and was annoyed that a few tried to come into mass late without bookings. Dad is not well and still shielding so is happy watching mass online for now and my parish are not ready to put on services yet.

No but social distancing was in place.

We have been going on Wednesday for private prayers and David our vicar welcomes everyone

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20200713_111219.jpg

Is that the castle with the beautiful beach below? We toured the area a few years ago and I get some of the castles muddled up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Our church has not opened yet, they are waiting for instruction from the diocese.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Is that the castle with the beautiful beach below? We toured the area a few years ago and I get some of the castles muddled up!

Yes.

There is also Dunstanburgh Castle and Walkworth Castle nearby.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20200713_111219.jpg

We had a holiday one year up there, Bamburgh Castle was my favourite! The view over the beach is stunning! Alnwick castle gardens are gorgeous though quite expensive!  I’d love to go that way again but hubby dislikes long drives nowadays 😞

• Like 3

Other than a couple or three days we haven't had a holiday in this country for twenty years but are going to give it a try this year, probably south coast once schools go back? in September. There are some amazing places to visit if the weather is OK, now we are retired we could go tomorrow so no need for advanced booking as such. Cruising and foreign holidays are on the back burner for us, either until a safe vaccine is found or Covid disappears which I don't expect anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Other than a couple or three days we haven't had a holiday in this country for twenty years but are going to give it a try this year, probably south coast once schools go back? in September. There are some amazing places to visit if the weather is OK, now we are retired we could go tomorrow so no need for advanced booking as such. Cruising and foreign holidays are on the back burner for us, either until a safe vaccine is found or Covid disappears which I don't expect anytime soon.

We are also waiting for schools to go back in September, we are planning to go to Southwold, over 30 years since we have been there (or anywhere else for a UK holiday).  Foreign holidays and cruises hold little appeal for us until there is a vaccine.