P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

49 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hello all, we are now on our way home from Greenland aboard the lovely Ambience, just one more port to visit. Great cruise so far, a few niggles from some pax, the dreaded lurgy is aboard but not affected us. 

Great that you're enjoying the cruise. Were you able to get into Ilulissat... many try and few succeed! (We're among the former). Any wildlife?

Just now, twotravellersLondon said:

Great that you're enjoying the cruise. Were you able to get into Ilulissat... many try and few succeed! (We're among the former). Any wildlife?

We did get into Ilulisat, that has been the highlight of the cruise, we had two days there with night tours into the glacier. The ice fjord is stunning with massive icebergs continually breaking away from the glacier plus the weather there was amazing with clear sky and warm sun. There has been plenty of whales in the Arctic and north Atlantic, we have ORCA members aboard who are giving lots of talks and spotting at all hours of day and night. We also have a geologist giving talks about the general region and how it was formed. This cruise has so many speakers it is almost impossible to go to them all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That sounds lovely Phil.  Glad you are enjoying

It’s a beautiful day here.  Very warm but a gentle cooling breeze too.  We’ve been out to lunch for our anniversary - plus it’s the dog’s 2nd birthday!

A4E6CC2D-67C9-4784-8818-E2573416D274.thumb.jpeg.aeb7e86ef25310039cf6d6bb313819ae.jpeg

CC38036E-2F1C-4FBC-AD47-1FF093A0BC9A.thumb.jpeg.b564397de584fb4b52a4a07936874df1.jpeg

413819A0-3915-43DB-B215-2E8C13EB9954.thumb.jpeg.2d70267d29b6443fd0bba947329dc822.jpeg

• Like 14

45 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s a beautiful day here.  Very warm but a gentle cooling breeze too.  We’ve been out to lunch for our anniversary - plus it’s the dog’s 2nd birthday!

anniversary-animated-image-2.gif.1283ffc2492c40fb381d9765f7baff6d.gif

Enjoy your  anniversary and many more :classic_love:

Happy birthday to your pup as well:classic_love: 

download.jpg.a8aaea9fa75ca261cdc0642670f9cb56.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

A4E6CC2D-67C9-4784-8818-E2573416D274.thumb.jpeg.aeb7e86ef25310039cf6d6bb313819ae.jpeg

CC38036E-2F1C-4FBC-AD47-1FF093A0BC9A.thumb.jpeg.b564397de584fb4b52a4a07936874df1.jpeg

413819A0-3915-43DB-B215-2E8C13EB9954.thumb.jpeg.2d70267d29b6443fd0bba947329dc822.jpeg

Happy anniversary Eddie.

Graham.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not been around much, but have popped in to have a read from time to time.

Happy Anniversay Eddie, and Happy Birthday wishes to your dog.

Had a family BBQ last weekend, an impromptu affair at my daughter's as the weather was nice, but as only a few of the family could make it we are doing it all again this weekend. I have had a busy week meeting friends for lunch and a job offer.   I had all but given up getting another job, but have accepted, the only problem I think is going to be parking at £8 a day😲 I will get the bus tomorrow, but not sure what I will do for the days I finish 10 as there are no trains or buses that late! Tomorrow is going to be a busy day as it is my first day at work and then when I get home I need to make a dessert to take over on Sunday. 

• Like 6

On 7/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, mrsgoggins said:

We returned home from a Ventura cruise 2 days ago, and was very interested to see that the post-cruise questionnaire had questions about our attitudes to formal attire.  I suggest they are sounding people out. 

On our cruise there were 3 formal nights, and although we did take the necessary attire along, neither of us enjoys it and so after the first formal night, we ate in other non-buffet venues.  My observation on those nights, both from the MDR on the first night and in the theatre on the other two, is that whilst there were a good number of people who had dressed up, there were also a good number who hadn't, or had made only the slightest effort.

Time will tell and it is only my view that eventually P&O will go down a similar road to Celebrity in identifying nights called 'chic' and leaving it up to the individual to determine the meaning of chic.

When I started cruising in my 30s I disliked 'dressing up', in part because my Dinner Suit trousers and black broque shoes were too tight!! But over the decades with properly fitting clothes I got to enjoy the 'special' nights, IMO when the vast majority dress up it is a nice sight and atmosphere. We have mostly cruised with Cunard since 2015 but even they seem to be reducing the amount of Formal nights (or whatever they call them now) to the point where for long haul flight, far flung, flight baggage restricted weight cruises it hardly seems worth packing the Formal clothes.

We go on a land and Princess cruise South America tour this winter (1 week land, 2 weeks cruise, 1 week land) so we won't be taking Formal clothes but I'll be making do with Chinos and Polo shirt type look which I can also use on land evening meals.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2022 at 6:31 PM, Snow Hill said:

Dentist visit today, which I was dreading, pre work for crown to be fitted on tooth I broke. I was fully expecting the dread rubbery stuff to go into my mouth for an impression, which happened with a previous crown some years ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find I would be having a 3D scan of my mouth and the area around the tooth, I was able to watch the whole process as a 3D model of the left side of my mouth was taken. Temporary crown then fitted, new crown will be available by end of month. Was in at 2pm, worked completed by 2.25, home by 2.40. 

I chipped a corner of a back molar last week (part just fell out when eating, nothing hard, must have been cracked/weakened before) I keep putting off going to the dentist. If it needs a crown rather than a filling it will be the third one of my 4 back molars and I will have to decide whether to get another one or give up on the rear row and have it taken out instead, wonder if I'd notice much difference?

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I chipped a corner of a back molar last week (part just fell out when eating, nothing hard, must have been cracked/weakened before) I keep putting off going to the dentist. If it needs a crown rather than a filling it will be the third one of my 4 back molars and I will have to decide whether to get another one or give up on the rear row and have it taken out instead, wonder if I'd notice much difference?

I've managed to avoid going to the dentist for the last 20 years. I have saved a fortune in the process. 

Are my teeth in great condition ? - probably not.  When I smile do people recoil in terror  ? - No.

Dentists make a grest deal of money by carrying out procedures that are, let us say, of questionable value.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I've managed to avoid going to the dentist for the last 20 years. I have saved a fortune in the process. 

Are my teeth in great condition ? - probably not.  When I smile do people recoil in terror  ? - No.

Dentists make a grest deal of money by carrying out procedures that are, let us say, of questionable value.

Frank and I  have the same dentist and go for twice yearly check-ups, (though not since 2019) I've had 2 fillings and 3 extractions over the years, not bad for 75. Frank on the other hand has a partial denture, 2 extractions and 6 fillings. It's not always the dentist wowzz, and some of us are lucky enough to have stronger, healthier teeth than others. 

Avril

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank and I  have the same dentist and go for twice yearly check-ups, (though not since 2019) I've had 2 fillings and 3 extractions over the years, not bad for 75. Frank on the other hand has a partial denture, 2 extractions and 6 fillings. It's not always the dentist wowzz, and some of us are lucky enough to have stronger, healthier teeth than others. 

Avril

Not only that but dentists are also trained to look out for signs of oral cancer, a former neighbour of ours was told by her dentist that she need to see her GP asap with his observations, fortunately it was spotted early and was treatable, had she not gone to the dentist then it may not have found until much later. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Last day of my 60s today, I shall mark it by trimming the hedge and getting some unwanted stuff down from loft! 

Nothing like going up into the loft for one last time. 

Once you reach  seventy, you can use your age to avoid going into the loft, or indeed anything to do with ladders.

Plus, it is compulsory to groan when sitting down, and again when standing up. 

Have a good birthday tomorrow. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Once you reach  seventy, you can use your age to avoid going into the loft, or indeed anything to do with ladders.

Plus, it is compulsory to groan when sitting down, and again when standing up. 

Have a good birthday tomorrow. 

Not forgetting, of course, the bin cleaning fetish……..

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Not forgetting, of course, the bin cleaning fetish……..

Ahh - but I haven't quite hit the big 70 yet !

I think bin washing at 70+ is still acceptable,  as long as there is a glass of Malbec available  as a reward. 

A disclaimer- I never pressure wash bins when under the influence of alcohol,  drugs or sanatogen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Ahh - but I haven't quite hit the big 70 yet !

I think bin washing at 70+ is still acceptable,  as long as there is a glass of Malbec available  as a reward. 

A disclaimer- I never pressure wash bins when under the influence of alcohol,  drugs or sanatogen. 

Well you wouldn't get to them if your waiting in the corner, for the shed floor paint to dry  :classic_unsure:

Better to take a bottle in the shed next time :classic_wink:

• Haha 4

Hi everyone, hope you are all well and managing to keep nice and cool in the warm weather.

I have just spoken to P & O to enquire about any available accessible cabins on N224 Ventura, 13 Sept 22. I was told just one cabin left E303 NC grade, select fare £516 pp. I asked what the saver rate would be, told I couldn’t have it on saver rate as I knew the cabin no. I told him it was not my fault it was the last cabin and he said he would check with his supervisor. He came back and told me no NC grade cabins accessible or not are available to book at saver fare along with some other grades? 

Has anyone come across this before? 

Michelle