P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning! 

I hope you are all well. Although I've had a short break I haven't really been away as I've still been following this thread and also @Megabear2 and @Selbourne on their Queen Anne voyages.  

The adventures of @brian1 and @yorkshirephil kept me reading with great interest. It was so lovely that you all met up and seemed to be having a good time all together. Glad you hear you've received refunds so promptly. 

i hope the mums are doing well and recovering well Michelle and Sue. Best wishes all round.

Me and Ted are doing ok although I've got a string of referrals in the pipeline following incidental findings on the CT scans after my fall. I would certainly have an "assistance needed" label should I book a cruise at the moment!

As ever, I send you all my very best wishes. Jane xxx

Thanks Jane,nice to see you're back.Hope it all goes well for your referrals.My OH had one today,she had a precancerous lesion on her leg frozen off.She's had a few Basel cell thingybobs over the years but this was different.No worries now so we can book a Bulgaria land holiday with our compo.Brian.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same sort of weather here Avril, it is almost an icy wind, especially in Barnsley earlier where it seems to blow between the buildings. Does anybody know who I can complain to and demand compensation? 

Have you heard from Netflix yet Phil, about our adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Have you heard from Netflix yet Phil, about our adventure.

I believe they are asking Arnie and Sly to play us.

Did you know that Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are making plans for an action hero movie, based on famous classical composers. Bruce says "I'll be Beethoven". Sly says "I'll be Handel". And Arnie says "I'll be Bach".

• Haha 17

53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks Jane,nice to see you're back.Hope it all goes well for your referrals.My OH had one today,she had a precancerous lesion on her leg frozen off.She's had a few Basel cell thingybobs over the years but this was different.No worries now so we can book a Bulgaria land holiday with our compo.Brian.

Thanks Brian.

Such good news for Mrs Brian - such a relief for you both.

You got your compo in an amazingly quick time - very impressive from the company you were with. I feel a road trip with Mr & Mrs YP would make good television - with bleeps in the appropriate places of course!

Are you looking forward to the Euros? I was - until last Friday when I had a horrible feeling that watching England is going to mean squeaky bum time again ( not one of my referrals). We'll see. 

Jane xx

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Are you looking forward to the Euros? I was - until last Friday when I had a horrible feeling that watching England is going to mean squeaky bum time again ( not one of my referrals). We'll see. 

Jane xx

I think they will need some improvement, Iceland are no mugs but we should be beating them, maybe they can play ASDA or Sainsbury's before the Euros.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I have just had a telephone call from our local councillor who I have been working with to stop the house adjacent to us being turned into a care home.  He had told me that the planning permission has been refused.  My next job is to tell the residents of our close that we have been successful in our appeals against the planning permission.

• Like 19

Delighted for you Josy. Are you still planning to move, though?

Good the decision did not take too long, the one I was so stressed about ended up being 6 months from getting the letter about it to when the Committee threw it out.  Not good for the mental or indeed physical health.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a telephone call from our local councillor who I have been working with to stop the house adjacent to us being turned into a care home.  He had told me that the planning permission has been refused.  My next job is to tell the residents of our close that we have been successful in our appeals against the planning permission.

I'm really pleased for you Josy. That must be a big weight off your mind.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

@lincslady @Adawn47  it's definitely a big relief because we had to take our house off the market when my sister was taken ill because she can't drive now and we don't know when or if she will be able to drive again so I can't  move away as long as I have to do the school run for her grandchildren. Another of my sisters is going to do the school run while we are on holiday but she looks after her 2 year old granddaughter while her daughter is working so can't  easily do the school run permanently.  She is moaning about having to pay school holiday prices for her holidays again because her daughter is a teacher lol.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think they will need some improvement, Iceland are no mugs but we should be beating them, maybe they can play ASDA or Sainsbury's before the Euros.

Yeah,they should have fielded a more mature side.They get 10% off on Tuesdays.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Brian.

Such good news for Mrs Brian - such a relief for you both.

You got your compo in an amazingly quick time - very impressive from the company you were with. I feel a road trip with Mr & Mrs YP would make good television - with bleeps in the appropriate places of course!

Jane xx

They don't mess with Arnie and Sly Jane.I give up with the footie,I'll take every match as it comes.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone, it’s a sunny/cloudy day here, feels a bit cool though, car said 14 degrees when I was out late morning.

Jane, it’s nice to see you posting again.

Josy, I am glad that planning has been refused and you don’t have to move.

Taking my mum for a check up at the Drs this afternoon, fingers crossed all is good.

Michelle

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, it’s a sunny/cloudy day here, feels a bit cool though, car said 14 degrees when I was out late morning.

Jane, it’s nice to see you posting again.

Josy, I am glad that planning has been refused and you don’t have to move.

Taking my mum for a check up at the Drs this afternoon, fingers crossed all is good.

Michelle

Thank you.

Fingers crossed for your mum this  afternoon. 

How things change, we used to rely on parents to help us out and then it switched round and we helped them out as they got older and less mobile.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Great,you can carry on with the nudie sunbathing now😉.

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The applicant may now appeal the decision of the council.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Great,you can carry on with the nudie sunbathing now😉.

Has air traffic control been informed about this ? 😉🙃

• Haha 8

Well here in Leeds cloudy but reasonably warm with a breeze, no rain. Just been to feed the cygnets and ducklings at our local Tarn. Plenty of swans around including two more nests.

Edited by Funboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy that is such good news, I'm really pleased for you. Have another street party with your friends and neighbours right outside!! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Afternoon all, John and I have decided we won’t be booking any cruises soon, we should be going this Friday but we’re getting so stressed with the wait and hoping my mum is going to be alright. I will be giving her Home my sister’s and son’s phone numbers when we go away but I’m just crossing everything she’ll be ok before then

It was her 85th birthday on Saturday and we took Mum to my sister’s for the day, they live in Worthing.

We were half an hour into the journey and I got a call from the home that they’d forgotten to give us her medication 🙄 We didn’t go back! Then I got a phone call when we were coming back to check all was ok because we didn’t get back til 8.30pm! I can’t wait to have a week away from their calls!! 

John and I were worried because she can choke when she eats but she was careful ( for a change!) and went slowly. I did suggest she had soup! It was a long but enjoyable day. My sister had had a lot of work done last year so we were looking at all that. We went to a pub and a walk along the seafront. My son, his partner and our grandson came too.

I walked to work in the rain today, very miserable I’ve no idea what to pack for my cruise!

Michelle, I hope your mum is ok, they are such a worry! 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you.

Fingers crossed for your mum this  afternoon. 

How things change, we used to rely on parents to help us out and then it switched round and we helped them out as they got older and less mobile.

Mum update - Dr sent her for an x-ray at local hospital but Radiologist though he was asking for wrong part to be x-rayed looking at her injuries so she rang Dr and I now have to take her to Blackpool Victoria Hospital in the morning for an X-ray.
I then have to take her for a Dermatology appt tomorrow at a different Hosp and to top it all out dog has to go for a three month check up at the vets. I can see I am going to need a large glass of wine tomorrow night.

Sadly everything seems to have changed for her this year. We go away on holiday in two weeks so I am hoping she will be well enough to go 🤞

Michelle

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all, John and I have decided we won’t be booking any cruises soon, we should be going this Friday but we’re getting so stressed with the wait and hoping my mum is going to be alright. I will be giving her Home my sister’s and son’s phone numbers when we go away but I’m just crossing everything she’ll be ok before then

It was her 85th birthday on Saturday and we took Mum to my sister’s for the day, they live in Worthing.

We were half an hour into the journey and I got a call from the home that they’d forgotten to give us her medication 🙄 We didn’t go back! Then I got a phone call when we were coming back to check all was ok because we didn’t get back til 8.30pm! I can’t wait to have a week away from their calls!! 

John and I were worried because she can choke when she eats but she was careful ( for a change!) and went slowly. I did suggest she had soup! It was a long but enjoyable day. My sister had had a lot of work done last year so we were looking at all that. We went to a pub and a walk along the seafront. My son, his partner and our grandson came too.

I walked to work in the rain today, very miserable I’ve no idea what to pack for my cruise!

Michelle, I hope your mum is ok, they are such a worry! 

I hope your mum is ok too Sue. It’s my mums 90th birthday on 10 July so I want her to be well enough to celebrate 

Michelle

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I hope your mum is ok too Sue. It’s my mums 90th birthday on 10 July so I want her to be well enough to celebrate 

Michelle

I do hope so, what have you got planned?

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I do hope so, what have you got planned?

Family holiday to Devon end June, Ashcombe Cottages near Dawlish. Got a pool and activities for the children too, there are thirteen of us going.

We have a few big birthdays this year, son in law was 40 last Saturday, my mum is 90 in July and I am 60 in August and it’s my hubbys birthday while we are away.

On my mums actual birthday we are having afternoon tea at a Clifton Arms Hotel in Lytham 

Michelle

• Like 9

6 hours ago, tjwa said:

The applicant may now appeal the decision of the council.

They can, but they need deep pockets if they lose that appeal as may end up paying councils legal costs. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning! 

I hope you are all well. Although I've had a short break I haven't really been away as I've still been following this thread and also @Megabear2 and @Selbourne on their Queen Anne voyages.  

The adventures of @brian1 and @yorkshirephil kept me reading with great interest. It was so lovely that you all met up and seemed to be having a good time all together. Glad you hear you've received refunds so promptly. 

i hope the mums are doing well and recovering well Michelle and Sue. Best wishes all round.

Me and Ted are doing ok although I've got a string of referrals in the pipeline following incidental findings on the CT scans after my fall. I would certainly have an "assistance needed" label should I book a cruise at the moment!

As ever, I send you all my very best wishes. Jane xxx

Good morning Jane.

Lovely to hear from you.

9°C and clear in Sunderland.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a new day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1