P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The start of October is often good weather. One of my friends was due to be married on 3rd October, but, for various reasons they  had to switch to a week later. She always says that the day she would have had her anniversary is normally sunny, but her actual anniversary is nearly always dull. 

However, very gloomy here today. We have someone coming round to look at a small leak in our water cylinder in the airing cupboard. It’s covered by our service plan, , but still hoping it’s a minor job 

Johns birthday was often good weather but the last couple of years it hasn’t been so good!

Hope it is a minor job. Seems to be that time of year, we’ve got a boiler service when we get back from our break.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Engineer just left, all fixed, hopefully. It was a leaky regulator valve which should have been replaced years ago, a plasticky thing inside eventually cracks and leaks. No charge but I made a donation to his beer fund 😃

That's good news it was easily fixed.

51 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Totally miserable here, don’t think the rain’s stopped since early this morning.

Even worse my Facebook ‘memories’ shows this day 4 years ago we were leaving Southampton in blue skies and short sleeves! It was only a short cruise to Amsterdam and Le Harve but it was fabulous!

We were supposed to be flying to Sanford Orlando from Newcastle on Sunday for a weeks hotel holiday but unfortunately TUI cancelled the flight a couple of months ago.☹️

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were supposed to be flying to Sanford Orlando from Newcastle on Sunday for a weeks hotel holiday but unfortunately TUI cancelled the flight a couple of months ago.☹️

The way things are in Florida at the moment, I think you should say that "fortunately" TUI cancelled your flights !  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I hate Google. It told me " this day last year you were in ........Mykonos" Thanks a bunch🤔

I want to fit a grab rail above the bath (old legs) but the drills etc are in the garage and it is POURING ☢️

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I want to fit a grab rail above the bath (old legs) but the drills etc are in the garage and it is POURING ☢️

I wouldn't be able to get out of a bath even with a grab rail, I'd need a winch. A nice walk-in shower is perfect for me, with a little seat if I need it🚿😉

Avril

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got to the beach car park so we will eat our picnic looking out at sea.

Graham.

IMG_20201002_131630.jpg

Hope you two enjoy your meal :classic_smile: 

I have been looking at the webcams down south and the sea looks a lot calmer where you are .

Also noticed the Sunderland seafront cams are offline  .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

The sea looks a little choppy today Graham

Avril

It does.

The wind is just starting to blow a little.

We are just sitting in the car watching the sea while we can in case Cummings tells Boris to lock down more.🤔🤓

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope you two enjoy your meal :classic_smile: 

I have been looking at the webcams down south and the sea looks a lot calmer where you are .

Also noticed the Sunderland seafront cams are offline  .:classic_unsure:

We are sitting at Seaham which is closer and close to the pharmacy where I will get my prescription later.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I wouldn't be able to get out of a bath even with a grab rail, I'd need a winch. A nice walk-in shower is perfect for me, with a little seat if I need it🚿😉

Avril

Fitted it, not quite straight but I don't care and very few others will see it. It is just for balance as I step into/out of the bath.

the main task for next week is to get some double glazing quotes 😨

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

On a bit of a downer today we should have been boarding QM2 for a 28 nt cruise to USA/Canada.

I can understand that. Our cruise would have been in three weeks and I'm feeling a bit low already. 

Avril

• Like 1

We have arrived at our apartment in Whitby and the weather here seems to be better than on the south coast.My nephew who is a train driver said his train hit a tree that had been felled by the winds.No one was hurt but obviously delays!

View from apartment

whitby 1.jpg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We have arrived at our apartment in Whitby and the weather here seems to be better than on the south coast.My nephew who is a train driver said his train hit a tree that had been felled by the winds.No one was hurt but obviously delays!

View from apartment

whitby 1.jpg

Lovely to have a view of the water. Enjoy your break.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

View from apartment

whitby 1.jpg

Lucky you Ann. We love Whitby, Staithes too. Beautiful view. I'm enjoying my holidays living vicariously through others.😊

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 5

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Lucky you Anne. We love Whitby, Staithes too. Beautiful view. I'm enjoying my holidays living vicariously through others.😊

Avril

Thank you.Its our first visit to Whitby.I wanted an apartment with a view in case of rain but so far it has been dry!

• Like 1