Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

I've no idea what this means but Zaandam & Rotterdam are both nearly stopped. Moving at just 0.2 knots and very close together. Keeping options open on where they go?

I zoomed out the second image to show their location off Cuba. The blue blob says Zaandam but it's both ships too close together to resolve into separate ships.

image.thumb.png.65624d00a5fc9e8826cb9b02f1da8d50.png

image.thumb.png.358f7a7bc14a24730a8b7ecd54880d1f.png

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, npcl said:

Princess used the Houston Cruise port (Bayport), not the Galveston one.  They pulled out because of too many problems with fog and when the subsidy from Houston to use it ran out. So it is not being used for cruise ships at this time. It is between La Porte and Kemah. I believe that the parking lot is used to hold new cars being shipped into the state.

We sailed with NCL  from there in 2006  near  La Porte

My brother lived in La Porte at the time it was not far from him

Anyway  too bad some other Country would not let  the ship dock & let the non Americans off

maybe transferring sick people back to Zaandam

Too bad they are not tendering the Non Americans to Cuba  so they can fly home from there

Marine Traffic  has Zaandam  destination Cuba

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Petunia1950 said:

(at least 3 of us must have seen this at the same time)

Make that four ... 🙂

and make that 5, I was checking cruisemapper and saw both ships were as one.

Yes, possibly an April fools joke to those of us watching and waiting on CC.

Possiblly, medicine or medical equipment needed to be transferred between ships.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

I understand what you are saying but just because you don't appear or feel sick,does not mean you are not. You can still spread it!. I know we need to help these people but I understand Florida.Easy for me to talk from my comfortable home ! I wish all the best of luck! 

Given the number of Covid19 cases in South Florida, I’d suspect the healthy looking cruise passengers are no more likely to have the virus than the rest of the people at the Fort Lauderdale or Miami airports.  

Update from Port Everglades outlining the different parties involved in the decision to allow the ships to dock and the requirements needed to be met to allow the ships to dock:

https://www.porteverglades.net/zaandam-update/?fbclid=IwAR2jfs4CehVGlr2S87yHBCoeoTmB6jkeskCWVKcJu7NFxN_KUkVe1zDz4q8

• Like 2

Interesting stop.  They are about 100NM from Havana.   We will know if there might be something happening there in about 6 hours.   They seem to be definitely committing to Florida.  

image.thumb.png.a28383b8ccf67759b4e2c019ffc043f1.png

• Like 1

How is this different from the incident with the Grand Princess? Why isn’t there a federal response to get these people safely treated, quarantined, or transported? Many are not American. Wouldn’t that require coordination with other national governments.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babr said:

How is this different from the incident with the Grand Princess? Why isn’t there a federal response to get these people safely treated, quarantined, or transported? Many are not American. Wouldn’t that require coordination with other national governments.

according  to the link above  305 Americans

247 Canadians

Maybe the Canadians  will get off in Cuba  & then the  Americans can  float around  near FLL