A request to all our members

pinkpanther52

Please can I ask ALL our members to be respectful of all the Customer Services lines you are calling.

I have literally spent the last two days be shouted at, sworn at and generally abused.

No I don’t work for any cruise line 

But PLEASE PLEASE remember call centre staff are human as well.

I understand it is super frustrating for everyone who as a cruise coming up (as did I) But please treat people with respect the person on the other end of the line is human to and just as concerned as you are 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Please can I ask ALL our members to be respectful of all the Customer Services lines you are calling.

I have literally spent the last two days be shouted at, sworn at and generally abused.

I understand it is super frustrating for everyone who as a cruise coming up (as did I) But please treat people with respect the person on the other end of the line is human to and just as concerned as you are 

Unacceptable by that (those) CS agent(s) no matter what the circumstances are. They are still getting paid to do their job in a professionally manner as they are representing the cruise line they are working for. I would have reported this unprofessional abuse you experienced. Hopefully it was recorded for the so called "training purposes". Unless of course you were rude and inconsiderate with the CS agent first which caused the CS agent to treat you as you said they did. But even then...

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Unacceptable by that (those) CS agent(s) no matter what the circumstances are. They are still getting paid to do their job in a professionally manner as they are representing the cruise line they are working for. I would have reported this unprofessional abuse you experienced. Hopefully it was recorded for the so called "training purposes". Unless of course you were rude and inconsiderate with the CS agent first which caused the CS agent to treat you as you said they did. But even then...

I think the OP works in a call center and that's how she been treated over the past few days. At least that's my read on the situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I think the OP works in a call center and that's how she been treated over the past few days. At least that's my read on the situation.

OK. I guess because the OP said they don't work for any cruise line I thought/assumed otherwise. Agree we all need to chill out (at times is hard to do) when speaking with CS agents dealing with the current circumstances. I read on the Celebrity forum someone experienced the CS agent being abusive and unprofessional. That's why I posted what I did. Of course every story has two sides to it. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Hi all 😀

No,I don’t work in our call centre on normal duties but all that can have been seconded to this 

We made a pretty controversial decision based on UK guidelines so our phone lines have been ringing all day 

To be fair all my bosses are virtual in tears every night BUT we have set up a fantastic group chat to support everyone 

Stay Safe Everyone And be NICE😌

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Yep all our Senior Staff are on it Big time 

My boss has been outstanding 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Adults acting like children.  Very sad.  

Thanks for the reminder.