Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

Perhaps there will be discounts. Not sure what happened on other ships thst were not fully upgraded...like EQUINOX????

Does  the ship already have Luminae and a suite lounge in what was the former Elite Lounge in  Michaels Club?

To us those would be the most valuable b/c we prefer the Solarium to sunny outdoor areas.  

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

Perhaps there will be discounts. Not sure what happened on other ships thst were not fully upgraded...like EQUINOX????

Does  the ship already have Luminae and a suite lounge in what was the former Elite Lounge in  Michaels Club?

To us those would be the most valuable b/c we prefer the Solarium to sunny outdoor areas.  

Yes it has had Luminae & Michael's since 2015 just like all the X ships.  

Thanks.

We  usually cruise in AQ Class so it will be fun to compare with Luminae.

Except for safety drill assignments,  we  have not had access to the old Michaels since it was re purposed for suite guests,  Looking forward to being back.  We always liked Michaels room configuration better on M class than  on S Class, which had an elongated shape)

On 3/29/2020 at 7:35 AM, verizon said:

Common sense will tell you stop ALL the revolution at this very bad situation to preserve CASH.

They likely have already expended a chunk of cash before the renovations have even started, especially on all the furniture, fixtures and soft goods that have probably all been ordered. Of course seeing how Royal canceled the Explorer OTS update right before it was to start it seems likely that Constellation’s update will be pushed back maybe even as far out as 2022 to avoid impacting the existing cruise schedule. Hopefully Infinity’s update later in the year will still be a go.

It would be nice if Constellation is Revolutionized, but we loved the Summit both before and after (some after reno stuff looked more IKEA than stylish and missed the table in the cabin. But love the new glass shower doors.)  Pre-Reno styling was a little old fashioned but in keeping with an ocean liner.   I'm sure they could at least paint the rust spots that people are complaining about which would make it look a little better and replace worn cushions. 

• Like 1

We booked this ship for February based on the revolution.  Really looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck, with four days at sea.  If they don't do the revolution, wondering if that will be considered a reason they will allow cancellation? (I booked non refundable deposit rate). I feel like it should be, it's not as advertised.

Us too. We are also booked for February and we were looking forward to the retreat deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 3/29/2020 at 9:45 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

Wondered if they're going forward with Revolutionizing the Constellation as planned.  I read somewhere it was to start late March.  Anyone hear anything?

We were scheduled to get off the Constellation on April 16 in Rome. Going to dry dock after that into May.

Constellation has nowhere to go. They are biding time until someone will let them dock.  Likely a provision, fuel bunking in the next week.

Don't hope for any "Revolution"  Way more pressing matters at hand.

• Like 1

We're booked for December 23, 2020 in a Suite.  Was looking forward to the revolutionized ship, but if its doesn't go thru, we'll still go.  I'm going to NEED a cruise after this crazy sh@t is over with. 

6 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Due to the amount of money Celebrity is   currently losing  do you think they will put the refurbishment of the remaining ships   on hold? I think the Constellation was the next one to be done and finished in May 2020. 

I would think NOT.   We're due to sail on Constellation in late August.  I think she will just hunker down somewhere in Europe until they start up cruises. 🍷

It would make no sense for Celebrity to take ships out of service when every cruise generates revenue. All cruse lines will need all the revenue they can generate. Because it makes no sense to continue renovations, Celebrity will most likely continue to renovate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Life Buoy said:

Because it makes no sense to continue renovations, Celebrity will most likely continue to renovate.

Huh? You are saying that Celebrity will continue because it doesn't make sense? I'm guessing that you meant to say: "Celebrity will most likely not continue to renovate."

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Huh? You are saying that Celebrity will continue because it doesn't make sense? I'm guessing that you meant to say: "Celebrity will most likely not continue to renovate."

No, I meant what I said. 

How about another idea -- if there is a reason why a ship cannot be used, or cannot be used as much as wanted, perhaps it makes more sense to go ahead and renovate at that time since the ship cannot otherwise generate expected revenue:  (1) No ships are sailing now and not clear how much longer that will truly last, (2) in the next months - 1-2 years, it may turn out that not as many people return to cruising as wanted / hoped / predicted, and (3) in the next months - 1-2 years, port / country access may not permit as many sailings (right away) as pre-COVID times had permitted.

- Joel

Cash preservation will be most important in the next few years.  If the money has been spent to the shipyard then yes, the revolution will occur.  If it hasn’t, my guess will be all bets are off.  At this point in time RCL is trying to figure out when they will comfortably be able to start up operations, meanwhile governments are trying to keep their citizens alive.  I can’t imagine ‘when should we open our ports’ is an agenda item in the near term. 

None of us know what X plans to do.....but if they have decided that the fleet Revolution is to go ahead, what better time when cruise ships are not sailing?  If I was X and willing to bet on myself I’d do this now... but what do I know?

Stay safe everyone.