Possible spam "Medallion Class update" email?

rocklinmom

I just got a strange email that says "Medallion Class Mobile Terms and Conditions Update: Your Carnival Corporation MedallionClass Account". It then says "Hello" (blank, no name listed) and to click a link (of course I won't) about their Medallion Class Mobile update. It says it is from Ocean Medallion Fulfillment, Ltd. and then Carnival Corporation. I am thinking this could be a fake email because I have never sailed on a Medallion Class cruise as of yet and have not registered or received any Ocean Medallions for any cruise. I have only sailed on Princess which I think is owned by Carnival Corporation (?) and it doesn't say Princess Cruises anywhere in the email. Has anyone else gotten this email recently? I hope it isn't a hacking situation. If it is a real thing please let me know because it just seems odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife got the same message, but I did not. We have sailed on Medallion cruises in the past. I still show our cancelled cruise on my Oceans Ready app. We have a cruise coming up in Dec. Can't activate until Sept. She deleted message.

• Like 1

I just got it. My first medallion ship was going to be later this month (cancelled).

I can see why people think it is fake. It is poorly done.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

Related question, I have seen Pop Ups on CC website in last couple of days, saying Norton or McAfee antivirus has expired. I don't use either of these products and a search said these are SCAMS. Now this might not relate to this website, but it is the only site I have seen it.

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

Related question, I have seen Pop Ups on CC website in last couple of days, saying Norton or McAfee antivirus has expired. I don't use either of these products and a search said these are SCAMS. Now this might not relate to this website, but it is the only site I have seen it.

I just got a pop-up about updating when I opened the PE/FLL webcam … something's going on

Just received the referenced Medallion Class email. Did not respond to it. I have never downloaded the Medallion app.

Edit: I did a Search on the phone number included with mixed results. Some looked Legit others not. Did not try calling the number.

Edited by Tedferg
added info
  • Thanks 1

I got one also, did not load up fast enough, so just clicked off. I did medallion 28 day on Crown in Sept. where I think the TA across pond, people got on SICK and spread like wildfire where MANY were hacking all over ship, BAD FLU that spread where couple months later, STILL posts of almost dying, some did on TA, we both had it for longer than 2 months off ship. WONDER if this was START of the China Flu now

I have the e mail as well. I didn’t open it,because I wasn’t interested in reading it. Going to delete it.

I suppose one could call

Princess  to check if it is a legit e mail, but I am certain the phone reps are busy dealing with other issues.

Almost certainly phishing...

The press link in the email actually points somewhere else.

I don't even think ocean.com is a carnival domain.

We get these at work all the time ... from the security guys.

They are trying to trick you into clicking, but if you report phishing, you get an atta-boy.

Edited by Roberto256
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Recently, we updated our MedallionClass Mobile Terms and Conditions. You can review the updates at *********************

Why repost the phishing link, so unsuspecting posters here can click it?

Just now, Roberto256 said:

Why repost the phishing link, so unsuspecting posters here can click it?

No, just to let people see what was sent. No harm intended.  People inform people of things all the time on this board.  Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

...Edit: I did a Search on the phone number included with mixed results. Some looked Legit others not. Did not try calling the number.

I went to the Princess Medallionclass FAQ page.  That phone number "United States: 844 525 0942" is the number listed on the Princess website for questions. But we agree with the above posters, the email does not look professionally done and didn't click the link.  

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I went to the Princess Medallionclass FAQ page.  That phone number "United States: 844 525 0942" is the number listed on the Princess website for questions. But we agree with the above posters, the email does not look professionally done and didn't click the link.  

Good idea! Thanks for checking that. Yes it does seem odd, I'm just going to delete it. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

No, just to let people see what was sent. No harm intended.  People inform people of things all the time on this board.  Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really don't understand it, do you?

It's very hard to reconcile "No harm intended" with "Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...

You posted a potentially harmful link for the gentle readers here to click.

Hopefully, folks at cruisecritic will evalute the link, and remove the post.

BTW, the "Privacy Policy" and "Terms of Use" links are the bottom of the mail are potentially harmful, as well.

34 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Delete it.  Even if it is real (it is not), just delete it!

As to the McAfee and Norton hijackings, do not click on anything.  Navigate away without clicking on anything!

Thank you, I did that. It seems to be related to Cruise Critic site. I tried a different Browser and same result. I restarted my computer and so far no pop up.