Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Graham,

How are you feeling after the 2nd jab?🥰

Thanks Dani.

I had neck ache like a tension headache yesterday but feel a lot better this morning after a long sleep last night 

I have minimal pain at the injection site.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, George C said:

In the end it worked out they did get married about a year later .

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are they still married? 

That's what I've been wondering too... The "beginning" didn't "bode well"....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Ours are all for show and don't really need to be used to see at night.  I have turned the ones on the cub cadet during parades.  Even our Kubota working tractor has never really worked at night.

They come in handy when you try to find haybales in a 100 acre field in the middle of the night.  When we used to wrap hay we go sometimes from 8am to 3am straight. Glad those days are over. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

3.5 days in Santorini, including 2 sunsets from Oia??? THE epitome of "dream trip" 😁

+1.

Hundreds of people would sit in the bars on the hillside,sunglasses on watching Santorini's famous sunsets.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You have given me a an idea with what to do after I retire this fall. Hmmmm... what degree would be interesting to get? Art history?, tourism management, popular culture, history?????

I am 62 and just finishing (well I have 5 months left) my PhD in human communication.  It is my career but I will retire almost as soon as a graduate.  It was harder than I thought to keep on working and studying.  At masters level it was easy enough.  PhD is a bit more intellectually demanding.  

When I retire I will do some coursera.org courses.  They are interesting.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

+1.

Hundreds of people would sit in the bars on the hillside,sunglasses on watching Santorini's famous sunsets.

I don’t know if I have ever mentioned here, but I went to Santorini in 1979, we ate calamares, we drank retsina and we danced all night.  We mixed with tourists and locals but no-one mentioned anything about sunsets.  They were not famous then.  

When I went back during our last cruise I was amazed to see how important it seemed to be.  Who decides when something is ‘a thing to photograph’.  

Santorini is lovely, I appreciated it but tbh the sunset would not be a reason for me to go there.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I don’t know if I have ever mentioned here, but I went to Santorini in 1979, we ate calamares, we drank retsina and we danced all night.  We mixed with tourists and locals but no-one mentioned anything about sunsets.  They were not famous then.  

When I went back during our last cruise I was amazed to see how important it seemed to be.  Who decides when something is ‘a thing to photograph’.  

Santorini is lovely, I appreciated it but tbh the sunset would not be a reason for me to go there.  

In the late 1980s up to mid 1990 I used to watch all the travel holiday programs on UK TV and it showed Santorini and the sunsets on one of the programs and it was amazing seeing everyone sitting looking out over the Aegean sea at the Sunsets from Santorini's hillside.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Other than being near sighted, my eye problem is dry eye, which makes me tear up a lot. An oxymoron. Go figure

This has been a trying week since Wednesday.

Left eye a tad scratchy

Thursday woke up with a stye in left eye.

Stye medicine and soothing drops.

But, tonight trying a home remedy.  Tea bag.

Always something.

And I believe on this thread some how, people know what is happening or going to happen soon on thread.

With the eye talk and all.

Stye healthy

😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took the day off yesterday and drove down to Santa Monica pier.  IMG_0189.thumb.jpeg.f258f80063e3df0dfadc74466322bbec.jpeg

It was great to see the crowds out and the performers entertaining everyone. We had lunch at Bubba Gump's 

IMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.4fd83fd7f1f02af9b1514dc853d8f40c.jpeg

The beach had a nice crowd out to.  A little to cold for my tastes to be in the water at 69° but for the more hearty it looked like a lot of fun.

IMG_0191.thumb.jpeg.e9f1609e979a0975ec9aae586f5b6d66.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 15

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Took the day off yesterday and drove down to Santa Monica pier.  IMG_0189.thumb.jpeg.f258f80063e3df0dfadc74466322bbec.jpeg

It was great to see the crowds out and the performers entertaining everyone. We had lunch at Bubba Gump's 

IMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.4fd83fd7f1f02af9b1514dc853d8f40c.jpeg

The beach had a nice crowd out to.  A little to cold for my tastes to be in the water at 69° but for the more hearty it looked like a lot of fun.

IMG_0191.thumb.jpeg.e9f1609e979a0975ec9aae586f5b6d66.jpeg

Thanks for the memories. Wish I were there.  I miss the beach/boardwalk! I grew up inn NYC a subway/car ride from the beach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the memories. Wish I were there.  I miss the beach/boardwalk! I grew up inn NYC a subway/car ride from the beach.

Remember going to Rockaway beach by subway and also Coney  island by subway.

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Where were you stationed? I was lucky did a year In Oklahoma ( if you can consider Oklahoma lucky) and a year in Germany in Karlsruhe.

Da Nang (Rocket City), Vietnam for twelve months. Ubon Thailand for 4 months. Kadena Okinawa for 4 months. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

I give up.  What is Bucky holding? 

Tough to see it, couldn't see it much myself due to sun glare when I took the picture, it is a glass of red wine...but of course.  😉   Toasting the vineyard behind us.  

Unless you are talking about what he is holding at the table, which is a wooden disposable knife.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Tough to see it, couldn't see it much myself due to sun glare when I took the picture, it is a glass of red wine...but of course.  😉   Toasting the vineyard behind us.  

Unless you are talking about what he is holding at the table, which is a wooden disposable knife.  

I just went back and looked at your picture again. I can clearly see the wine glass this morning. Maybe last night when I posted, I had to much HH earlier. 😁🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I just went back and looked at your picture again. I can clearly see the wine glass this morning. Maybe last night when I posted, I had to much HH earlier. 😁🍷

I can barely see it when I look at it now...but indeed it is there.  I can't blame last night's happy hour on the poor eye sight, and the bad photography.  😉 

Showed it to Bucky.  He wanted to know what was on his head...to me it looked like a knife through his head...but is actually the winery owners house in the distance.  😄 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I can barely see it when I look at it now...but indeed it is there.  I can't blame last night's happy hour on the poor eye sight, and the bad photography.  😉 

Showed it to Bucky.  He wanted to know what was on his head...to me it looked like a knife through his head...but is actually the winery owners house in the distance.  😄 

I thought it was the wind blowing his hair or a cowlick. 😁 Are you back home?

• Like 1