Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Moms appointment went well. Dr says she no longer needs to wear glasses. She left at noon for the cottage and got there safe and sound. 

We went from 90s days ago to just above freezing here. There is steam coming off the pool cover. Don’t think it’s showing in the photo. Mom said she saw snow on the ground along the drive. 

FBB09BCB-A64C-4A7A-A07C-DB78A0B4D319.thumb.jpeg.6859467369d20a1b0468c1d7ee0af550.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Moms appointment went well. Dr says she no longer needs to wear glasses. She left at noon for the cottage and got there safe and sound. 

We went from 90s days ago to just above freezing here. There is steam coming off the pool cover. Don’t think it’s showing in the photo. Mom said she saw snow on the ground along the drive. 

FBB09BCB-A64C-4A7A-A07C-DB78A0B4D319.thumb.jpeg.6859467369d20a1b0468c1d7ee0af550.jpeg

Glad to hear about your Mom - mine made it to 100 and tomorrow she would be 104.

NO 90's here in Florida and NO snow or near freezing temps - just another boring 84 degrees!!!!!

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm the last one to give advice with my limited cruise knowledge but can you stretch things and go for a 7 night b2b?  No packing and unpacking a 2nd time.

That is probably the best option, unless cruises longer than 7 nights are a go.

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

That is probably the best option, unless cruises longer than 7 nights are a go.

With the way the CDC is covering its incompetence tracks, I very much expect there won't be a day limit on cruises next year if not sooner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Haha, such a coincidence. Just yesterday my friend posted a pic of his youngest daughter with her 2 Maine Coons. He has 10 cats and 3 dogs....

Maine Coon.jpg

So precious!  Love the expression of the one on the right.  😾😉

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Moms appointment went well. Dr. says she no longer needs to wear glasses.

That's excellent news, A. I admire her for her guts -- doing both eyes at the same time. Such an improvement in the quality of life not to wear glasses.

I have 4 pairs laying around in the apartment.... such a bother to find them.

Since DH has such an innovative mind [15 US patents 😉], I keep pestering him to invent a means to find the glasses when I need them....

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just went to the store to get Nate’s father’s day gift and I’m happy to say that the luggage shelves were empty! I got the last 28”! Very positive sign 🤞🙏🏻

Hiding it in our guest bedroom closet cuz he’ll never go down there 

4CEC26AD-08A4-42A0-A60C-3373FC140D51.jpeg

It looks lonely - just like ours in the storage room EXCEPT our are dusty!!!!

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's excellent news, A. I admire her for her guts -- doing both eyes at the same time. Such an improvement in the quality of life not to wear glasses.

I have 4 pairs laying around in the apartment.... such a bother to find them.

Since DH has such an innovative mind [15 US patents 😉], I keep pestering him to invent a means to find the glasses when I need them....

Just put them up on your forehead - free advise!!!

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is a very impressive achievement for an individual! :classic_biggrin:

Even more so for one without a high school diploma, just 12 years at ORT.... really [ORT colleges operate as interdisciplinary education centers, ranging from science and technology studies to the arts, design and communications.]

He got the title of "senior fellow" at his high tech place of work [HP at one time] with 5 other colleagues. The other ones ALL had at least a Ph.D./Dr. in engineering, computers or science.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It's complicated -- I need glasses for moving around, and glasses for computer, and glasses for reading the small letters in the newspaper...😢

Me too, and each location has a specific pair of glasses that I use there: computer, kitchen, piano, tv/ipad, etc.  I still don't understand how people can have one pair of glasses that works for everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

With the way the CDC is covering its incompetence tracks, I very much expect there won't be a day limit on cruises next year if not sooner.

That would be great, I have a big birth celebrate in March.  Narrowed it to 8 nt Allure or 10 nt Celebrity.

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Me too, and each location has a specific pair of glasses that I use there: computer, kitchen, piano, tv/ipad, etc.  I still don't understand how people can have one pair of glasses that works for everything.

I have progressive bifocals that I wear all the time but have recently added a second pair of glasses that are progressives to wear when on the computer.  They have my mid range lens on the top and my reading on the bottom.  I love the larger field of sight for the computer.  The everyday progressives have distance and reading, with a very small field for my midrange vision.  Pricey, but worth it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That would be great, I have a big birth celebrate in March.  Narrowed it to 8 nt Allure or 10 nt Celebrity.

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have progressive bifocals that I wear all the time but have recently added a second pair of glasses that are progressives to wear when on the computer.  They have my mid range lens on the top and my reading on the bottom.  I love the larger field of sight for the computer.  The everyday progressives have distance and reading, with a very small field for my midrange vision.  Pricey, but worth it.

I wear contacts - or contact, I should say. A few years back my eye Dr switched me from lenses in both eyes to only in one eye.  Something about the eyes compensate - one eye is for distance vision and the other is for close up.  Doesn’t make sense to me but it works. Previously I was using readers for any reading. Now only need them for very fine print.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1