Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah..we had loud thunder, and violent wind.  Leaves swirling like a dervish.  Rain came for a while....it's gotten pretty cold outside.  For the many leaves covering everywhere, there's still so many more leaves on the many trees that surround us.  Oy vey!

The trees that I could see were shaking like never before.It stopped raining and the sun came out.Since you said Oy vey I was trying to remember an Irish expression 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny

You reminded me of something. My mother always said that she was an RN. In her later years, when she was admitted to the hospital for various health reasons,(appendicitis at age 88 for example) she would let the nursing staff at our local hospital know that she was an RN. I think it was her way of keeping them on their toes in that she knew how to care for patients. 

My friend,Pat’s ,mother was also a RN and she did the same thing at the same hospital.

Once a nurse,always a nurse.Same as teachers,I think!

How fortunate you were to have a friend that became your brother. It must have been a great loss for you when he passed from Covid.

We are having dark skies here on the North Fork now. Seems the storm is moving East.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

I still feel his loss .He was like a family member .He came to my children’s parties,grand kids birthday parties,to family dinners.His parents and mine were very close,they vacationed together.

He was a Hall Of Fame athlete .A documentary film maker was in the process of making a film about my friend .He put the footage together and released it with only 19 minutes.He sent me a copy and a copy to my friends step daughter .I in turn had copies sent to many people who knew my friend .My children ,Toby and my kids loved him so very much.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

How long did it take to get results back?   We are in Clermont for turkey day week, coming back early to get tested on the 26th for our 28th Harmony.   Not sure if we should find a Walgreens in Clermont before we get home, or just use one of our local Walgreens near us when we return on Friday afternoon.  

We used Walgreens by the DMV for October cruise. Results in under an hour

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are having a massive thunderstorm now and just received a tornado warning .It is dark like night outside.

The storm you were/are having has arrived here on the RI coast. Quite impressive so far. Apparently, a substation was hit by lightning and a good part of town is without power. I happened to be at church when it went out. Just got home and have power here.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not doing a search to show you.

You made a point so you should be able to tell me what I said.I never met this doctor and could not have commented on him.You may be confusing my granddaughters doctor with the surgeon who treated my wife who I said was an excellent doctor.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The storm you were/are having has arrived here on the RI coast. Quite impressive so far. Apparently, a substation was hit by lightning and a good part of town is without power. I happened to be at church when it went out. Just got home and have power here.

Your friend Taylor is the music guest on SNL tonight.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad you didn't lose power.  We decided not to go to Church this afternoon with the way the wind, rain and leaves were blowing.  Sunday Mass it is for us tomorrow...

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie made it to another birthday!CF763AB8-1CF9-4531-BE5B-87FD1EA4DA70.thumb.jpeg.ad32de44d77961a578c2230eaa4792dd.jpeg

Wishing Charlie the happiest of Birthdays.  Happy Birthday, Charlie!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soft tissue injury is the verdict. Just got to the arena to watch the game. Owen is feeling OK, he ate a McDonald’s combo in the 10 minutes it took to drive here. He just has to take it easy the next few days. 

AD12EB03-86BC-4D60-B64E-400E56CBF1A5.thumb.jpeg.26f948b1f61c444fb896234e45ce226b.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean BoyHope you are safe from all of those tornado warnings.  News is showing terrible rain and wind down there.  We just have a severe thunderstorm warning and really heavy rain with lots of thunder and lightning.  Glad we worked on one of our downspouts earlier today!

Wow. I didn't know you have tornadoes on the East Coast. :classic_huh: I always think of tornadoes as an Oklahoma, Midwest phenomena.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are having a massive thunderstorm now and just received a tornado warning .It is dark like night outside.

Hope all is okay there.   I was outside working on leaves when the sky fell in,  downpours and strong wind.  Cleared up around 3 pm now very cold out.

• Like 1