Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!  The Grandkids are great.  We are getting with all the Grandkids this afternoon to take pics with Santa.  Let me see if I can gift you with another smile.  This is Kenzie with her cousin Lottie the night before Thanksgiving.  Then two single pics after they were home.

Oh my goodness. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

I can’t remember if I shared or not, but Hayley changed her mind on her dress and found THE ONE the next day. It’s paid for now so DONE!

E01B270E-BFCE-4CD7-BAD3-4932C5B1A165.thumb.jpeg.041797778b1c89ae6110f4c5940807cb.jpeg

082E1DAF-9954-463A-B288-3899415B405A.thumb.jpeg.a8ecc4379a6779eadae251753090883a.jpeg

She also fired her planner and I have stepped in. In one day we have picked the reception space and hired the photographer. She also has an appointment to talk to a hair stylist. ☺️ I’m a planner hear me roar. 

Enjoy your friend Brett's "Big 50", as well as enjoying your time in Florida!

Hayley's gown is gorgeous, as is she!

Hayley is lucky to have a " big sis" who is organized and who is making her Wedding plans so much more pleasant and fun for her!

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, the eldest. Single and worry free 😉

Ain't that true.... We've done backpacking too, at their age.... Now, I like my comfort 😁

True to all of that, Dani!  True to all of that!!!  It's so great that your son is having such a wonderful time on his vacation.

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Xander has definitely been playing very smart, but I'm guessing that he's going home next.  Ricard will stab him in the back, knowing that Xander is his biggest threat.  He'll have no problem getting Danny and Deshawn to vote with him, and maybe even Erika.  Heather will do whatever the group does.  Besides, they are all of a sudden showing clips of Xander talking about how he is controlling the game now.  The producers like to show how someone is getting a little too cocky before they get blindsided.

I think you're spot on with your thoughts, Bob, but I sure hope Xander does make it to the end, and I'd be pretty happy for him if he does indeed win.  As much as I didn't care for Liana, and I was glad she was sent home, I must say it was nice to see that she wasn't nasty with her remarks after being voted off, but rather appreciated the time she was there.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just dropped Charlie off at the hospital for his rescheduled, due to false positive Covid test, endoscopy.  I don’t like not being there but they won’t let anyone stay except the patient.  Hopefully, this will all be done by noon.

I hope all went well today with Charlie's test, Marietta.🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Looks like gastritis.  They took a biopsy, seems like they always do!  I decided I will stop worrying and concentrate on our January cruise!  Thanks for all the support.

Good to hear about Charlie and good to hear that you will stop worrying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just finished two very good books that just came out. 

The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly, with the Renee Ballard and Harry Bosch characters.

Better of Dead by Lee And Andrew Child, with the Jack Reacher character.

I highly recommend both books. 

Thank you, Mark.  Jim just told me that our SIL recommended The Dark Hours.  He'll look for the book the next time we're in Costco, since they're prices are pretty good on current popular books.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Mark. They're high on my list, having read everything from both of the authors.

Just waiting for the price to go down (15$ for kindle, right now 😢)

Yup, will be looking in Costco (warehouse shopping in the States)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Zander and Ricard are both playing good games and are big targets to be voted out.

True, but I really want Xander to win!!!!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from hospital.  All went okay, Doctor took a biopsy of what who knows.  Charlie does not ask questions which is another reason I like to be there.  It looks like gastritis is the culprit.

Hoping for good news on Charlie's biopsy, Marietta.

Jim doesn't ask questions either.  We still haven't heard anything from the Dr. about his Lung Scan...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Looks like gastritis.  They took a biopsy, seems like they always do!  I decided I will stop worrying and concentrate on our January cruise!  Thanks for all the support.

Good news, Marietta!  Now you surely can stop worrying and start planning for your cruise on the Anthem.  I've already begun packing for Florida...at least all of my shorts and summer clothing.  

What are you going to do about the required testing for the cruise?  Our TA in Naples has hired a company to come to the Community that her office is in to test us for the February cruise, since she has a busload of people now going on our cruise.

For our April cruise, I'm planning on just going to Walgreen's or CVS.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So today we officially cut the cord. We had Google Fiber but starting after the first of the year they are doing away with their tv service in favor of internet based You Tube TV. So we had a tech come out and installed a 2ghz router. Even though most of our computers aren't equipped for 2ghz it's nice to have the extra bandwidth.

Youtube TV will have a little bit of a learning curve as their are no numbered channels. But you can use voice control on the remote to go from one channel to another. It's dvr is on the cloud and is unlimited and you don't have to record shows they are automatically stored in the cloud.

I'll keep everyone posted on whether we like it or not.

I hope you like this Greg.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good news, Marietta!  Now you surely can stop worrying and start planning for your cruise on the Anthem.  I've already begun packing for Florida...at least all of my shorts and summer clothing.  

What are you going to do about the required testing for the cruise?  Our TA in Naples has hired a company to come to the Community that her office is in to test us for the February cruise, since she has a busload of people now going on our cruise.

For our April cruise, I'm planning on just going to Walgreen's or CVS.

We go to City MD, right near us.  They are pretty good.  We found if we go right when they open we are in and out pretty quickly.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yup, will be looking in Costco (warehouse shopping in the States)

I absolutely have to "visit" Costco once in my lifetime 😁 I keep hearing very good things about this "shop", including very good prices for cruising.

When DS1 was a FA, his mainly lay-overs were in NY, where he has a couple of friends who choose to leave Israel for US looking for a quieter (and better?) life.

They took him once or twice shopping there, and I even have a Costco shopping bag (Sue? @Lionesss, not selling 😉), which I cherish. 

Any Costco s in the Miami area, should we somehow get to sail Bella's cruise? 😁

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

@bobmaclibertyBob, what docs did you bring to your GE appointment.  I have a bill each in our name, the printout with our psaid # (no name, I had to mark down who is who) and was planning to bring our driver's licenses and passport.  This should cover it or did I miss something?

We brought our passports, and driver's license, and a printout of the appointment confirmation from the Trusted Traveler Program website (which might be the same as your printout with psaid# since I also had to write our names on them so we would know which belonged to who).  I don't think they ever looked at the printout since it was all in their computers.  I think they only took the passport and DL.  We didn't bring any bills or other proof of address.  It won't hurt to bring more just in case, but I think a passport and DL is all they need.

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not positive of this, but I don't think you can go into a Costco unless you are a member.

We don't belong to Costco but belong to Sam's club.  Before we joined we told the person at the door we wanted to look at the store before joining.  It was no problem.  You have to scan your card to check out the merchandise so you can't buy anything unless you are a member.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not positive of this, but I don't think you can go into a Costco unless you are a member.

Depending on the state, there are things you can buy without a membership.  Food in the food court, alcohol (Florida may permit this, because we have purchased at BJ’s without a membership), prescriptions, and a few other things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

I've never seen It's a Wonderful life.  I've seen bits of pieces of some scenes (hard not to when channel changing at Xmas time), but never the whole movie start to finish.  Yes...there's something wrong with me.