Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@bobmaclibertyThanks.  We are good to go then.  I probably should put the paperwork in the car now.  We went to get our boosters yesterday and I forgot my card.  Last time it was the DH, lol.  I did have it on my phone though.

How does the youtube tv work?  Do you pay a subscription fee?  I would love to cut the cord but the DH has an addiction to cable TV. 

Our BJ's warehouse offers a free one time day pass to try out the club.

My final payment is coming up this week for the Edge in February.  My dog is doing better since we switched his pain meds and is sleeping through the night.  Hopefully I can keep him out of trouble, he thinks he is a decade younger than he really is.

• Like 3

Oh boy, I’ve been having terrible CC issues the past day and a half. Couldn’t like any posts, refreshing didn’t help like it usually does. A couple of times I got a page error just trying to go to the site. Tried clearing cookies, still no luck. Tonight I cleared all cookies and hopefully this posts!  I have been able to read along but can’t possibly comment on all the posts I would’ve liked to.  
Re: Christmas songs, O Holy Night is my favorite, followed closely by Let There Be Peace On Earth (And Let It Begin With Me) - Vince Gill version.  
Believe it or not, Mary J Blige has a fantastic version of My Favorite Things.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While in college there were 4 with my first and last name and one of them the same middle name.  I found this out one day while walking across campus I heard yelled out the first 3 numbers of my SS #.  I turned around and this young lady was smiling real big.  I asked how she knew and she said that she works in financial aid and that is how she knew us apart from one another. It seemed like a start of a Hallmark movie but I was already happily married!

When I started high school I had 2 teachers ask me how my baby was.  I didnt have a baby and they told me there was a student the previous year with my same name that was pregnant and that I looked like her.

I told my parents at dinner that night and a couple weeks later they discovered my Dads Brother who ran away from home as a teenager after their Father died was back in the area and he had a daughter with same name.

We all found it odd that she has same name as it was a not a family name.  My parents picked my name after I was born, they changed their minds on my name at the last minute.

My Mother being a school teacher in same school district then researched and found out their address.  My Dad and one of his other brothers tried to reach out to their Brother but he never connected with them.  Kinda sad

Years later I met my cousin with same name at a bar.  Never saw her again.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from hospital.  All went okay, Doctor took a biopsy of what who knows.  Charlie does not ask questions which is another reason I like to be there.  It looks like gastritis is the culprit.

Glad to hear all went well.  Hopefully all good with the biopsy.

Eric went for his pre colonoscopy yesterday and is scheduled to have and endo and colonoscopy on 12.28

He is exactly the same, rarely asks questions and now that I am not allowed in with him I always have a bunch of questions and get told...I dont know....uggghhh!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

Die Hard and Meet me in St Louis

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear all went well.  Hopefully all good with the biopsy.

Eric went for his pre colonoscopy yesterday and is scheduled to have and endo and colonoscopy on 12.28

He is exactly the same, rarely asks questions and now that I am not allowed in with him I always have a bunch of questions and get told...I dont know....uggghhh!

That is exactly what he said when I asked what was done.  MEN😳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I love "Its a Wonderful Life" as well. It's DW favorite Christmas movie and is usually played a dozen times throughout the season as background noise.

"Prancer" is a very good movie and lately, "Fred Claus" has really grown on me. Vince Vaughn plays Santa's brother.  Paul Giamatt plays Santa. Kevin Spacey & Kathy Bates are also in the movie and a few surprise cameos as well which I won't ruin.

Netflix "The Christmas Chronicles" is my new favorite. I guess I like Christmas movies. LOL

George C. Scott is one of the best Scrooges ever!

You mean the movie where the big city career girl moves back to her childhood small town to take care of her ailing mother and runs into her high school boyfriend? Or the one with the big city career guy that moves back to his childhood small town to take care of his fathers ailing business and runs into his high school girlfriend? 😄

Baby Boom

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh boy, I’ve been having terrible CC issues the past day and a half. Couldn’t like any posts, refreshing didn’t help like it usually does. A couple of times I got a page error just trying to go to the site. Tried clearing cookies, still no luck. Tonight I cleared all cookies and hopefully this posts!  I have been able to read along but can’t possibly comment on all the posts I would’ve liked to.  
Re: Christmas songs, O Holy Night is my favorite, followed closely by Let There Be Peace On Earth (And Let It Begin With Me) - Vince Gill version.  
Believe it or not, Mary J Blige has a fantastic version of My Favorite Things.  

I too am having a very hard time with CC.If perchance they decide to re do the entire format I would hope they would add a PM .CM had that for 20 years.

27 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@bobmaclibertyThanks.  We are good to go then.  I probably should put the paperwork in the car now.  We went to get our boosters yesterday and I forgot my card.  Last time it was the DH, lol.  I did have it on my phone though.

How does the youtube tv work?  Do you pay a subscription fee?  I would love to cut the cord but the DH has an addiction to cable TV. 

Our BJ's warehouse offers a free one time day pass to try out the club.

My final payment is coming up this week for the Edge in February.  My dog is doing better since we switched his pain meds and is sleeping through the night.  Hopefully I can keep him out of trouble, he thinks he is a decade younger than he really is.

I would love to not have cable.I do not think that people should have to pay to watch TV.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

LOl Hilarious. I love it!

You really need to watch this. One of Frank Capra's best films. Though one might argue that it is really not a Christmas movie just a movie that happens during Christmas. It's still a holiday classic. You should watch it all the way. I think you will enjoy it. James Stewart is on top of his game.

I agree re the James Stewart performance.In my opinion it is a lot better that some of the films he is lauded for his acting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would love to not have cable.I do not think that people should have to pay to watch TV.

I got a notice that rates are going  up next month. I'm tempted to call and cancel service to see what kind of deal they might offer.

• Like 1

It’s a Wonderful Life is one of our favorites that we probably watch 10 times around Christmas.  It is one of the few Christmas movies we have on DVD.

You know you have watched it too many times when you realize the cab driver and the policeman are named Bert and Ernie?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got a notice that rates are going  up next month. I'm tempted to call and cancel service to see what kind of deal they might offer.

We cut the cord for our shore house.  Plan is to cut the cord at home too. 

Xfinity has been running a internet only special of $29.99 a month for 2 year contract. By the time your done with rental and taxes comes to little under $45 a month.  We did that at the shore house.

I tried to do at home but we have xfinity so they told us something like $75 a month.  Will probably cut the cord on the triple bundle this month as it just went another $20 something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a PM feature, they have it disabled.  

That does not help.There is a guy who I post to a lot on CC.He asked if I wanted to exchange e-mail addresses with him.Both of us were reluctant to post our e-mail addresses on CC.I joined another travel board that he posts on solely to exchange e-mail addresses and immediately left the board.

Having said that the person who has the most adorable dog who posts on this thread posted his e-mail address on here and a guy who posts a lot on CC but not on this thread felt okay to post his on a CC board and we have become e-mail friends.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It’s a Wonderful Life is one of our favorites that we probably watch 10 times around Christmas.  It is one of the few Christmas movies we have on DVD.

You know you have watched it too many times when you realize the cab driver and the policeman are named Bert and Ernie?

I cannot fathom how many times I saw the movie,probably more than 50 and I do not remember Bert and Ernie.😀