Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Private messages are just that, private, they are only seen by the parties involved.  Someone would have to send a screenshot of the inappropriate message and then cruise critic would have to spend too much time babysitting people who don't play nice with others.  Not going to happen.

It worked on CM for 20 years

What did I do today,you ask ?

I went to my Neurologist because I am having very bad side effects to one of my Parkinsons medications.He s going to put me on something else as soon as I can get off the current one.

Afterward I went to redeem a birthday coupon that was extended past July due to the pandemic.The coupon was for a Make your own Sundae up to $10.00.I had a Peanut Butter,Pistacchio,Mango topped with all kinds of goodies.

• Like 14

17 hours ago, akcruz said:

Our HOA here has a decent negotiated rate for cable.  We have the option of antiquated DVR boxes or an app using a firestick. We moved to the firestick a few months back and have been happy, especially with the reduced rate, much better than our rates in NJ.  Our son is in PA and hus rates have gone thru the roof, hubby called saying he was son, threatened to leave, reduce, etc, and they said fine go, trying g to figure out what to do there.  None 9f it is easy, way too much.

Here the cable companies do not care if people threaten to leave.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went to dermatologist yesterday for annual check up.  I had 3 spots removed that he said are most likely nothing but I wanted them gone.

He did prescribe the chemo cream fluorouracil to try on a  small sun spot on my cheek.  Will do apply twice a day for 10 days and if it doesnt have any reaction from the cream then it's nothing to worry about.

Today I go for my annual mammogram and Monday I go for my pre consult for colonoscopy.  Hope to get scheduled before our return to cruising begins on jan 9th.

Hopefully you will get good results on everything.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think someone may have mentioned "Oh Holy Night." Of course Josh Groban's "Oh Holy Night is awesome but I also love David Phelps version. If you have never heard him, he is an amazing singer. Check this out.

Did you ever hear Celine Dion sing this ? 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think someone may have mentioned "Oh Holy Night."

O Lordy have mercy. Yes...classic and great composition...none probably capture the essence of Christmas any better...but I don't think I'd miss it if it would go out of circulation, which, of course, it never will - and rightlfully so.  We do it for every Christmas Eve children's choir service - typicall as a solo but for '19 I found an SSAA choir arrangement that worked well. No choir last year or this year due to covid. We also use it for our church's live nativity program. Speaking of which, this year's turnout was so small that it appears we'll have to axe "The Little Drummer Boy" cause...there's no boy to do it!!!  I'm not in charge of that group (thankfully) but word is the only boy on the cast decided to bag it. 

One of my favorite Christmas songs for children's choir. This group started out to provide music at the Salt Lake City Olympics and just continued on from there. This song is very simplistic to the sort of thing they do now. It's an auditioned group and not cheap to belong to. They have tons of youtube videos. I love the pure tone of the kids' voices in this piece. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

I love the pure tone of the kids' voices. 

Yes there is something about a children's choir that sounds so pure and innocent. I am partial to the Vienna Boys Choir which have been around since the 1920's.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you ever hear Celine Dion sing this ? 

No, but Mickey Guyton's version during the Rockefeller center's Christmas Tree lighting program last night is apparently highly acclaimed. I didn't like it at all. Stick to the basic notes without all the fancy embellishment. A classic like that doesn't need it. Just turns me off when they start going crazy with it. Like the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. I cringe every time someone gets up to sing some sort of elaborate version. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am partial to the Vienna Boys Choir which have been around since the 1920's.

Absolutely!!!  Choir of King's College in Cambridge is nice to listen to also. Blend of young and older voices. 

The Duprees? Sure...I just can't connect them with any Christmas albums though. Thing is, everyone does Christmas music at one time or another...even Dylan!!  My son-in-law brought this album along to our place the other year. It doesn't quite work for me as being great Christmas music but, hey, gotta admire the guy for putting it out there!! 

in

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The lead singer of the Duprees was a good friend of mine.The group recorded several Christmas records .

Has anyone here ever heard them ?

Sure have.  Loved the 60's doowop music.  You Belong to Me, one of my favorites.  Loved all their music.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Private messages are just that, private, they are only seen by the parties involved.  Someone would have to send a screenshot of the inappropriate message and then cruise critic would have to spend too much time babysitting people who don't play nice with others.  Not going to happen.

All they would need to do is to add a block feature so the person couldn't keep messaging them. I think it's about something else. Maybe they don't want people sending each other TA info or links which they don't allow on here? 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim just got the news on his Lung Scan.  Stable!!  Exactly what we were hoping and praying for.  Repeat test in a year.  😊

That's great news. You both must be so relieved. 

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

....Just about killed me with a contrast chest CT scan. I’m allergic to iodine....

It's great to hear you are getting better. I'm also allergic to the contrast iodine dye. I wonder if it's common.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

...Heeding @ReneeFLL advice to limit space, and thinking of OB ( @Ocean Boy

I wasn't referring to Ocean Boy.

• Like 1

I've been to probably 15 TSO concerts over the past 20 years.  One of my favorite songs that I love to see in concert is "Christmas Canon Rock".   Several different lead singers over the years but one of my favorites is Jennifer Cella from Long Island.  The video is 15 years old so I apologize for the sub-par audio quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvdOrSKZRw0 

A newer, better quality video but no Jennifer but "almost" as good.  There are literally several dozen out there on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f03Ho0ERqtM

Side Note: Elbow length hair is mandatory to be in the band. LOL

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

No, but Mickey Guyton's version during the Rockefeller center's Christmas Tree lighting program last night is apparently highly acclaimed. I didn't like it at all. Stick to the basic notes without all the fancy embellishment. A classic like that doesn't need it. Just turns me off when they start going crazy with it. Like the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. I cringe every time someone gets up to sing some sort of elaborate version. 

I agree.  She sounded too forced.

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does anyone on this thread besides me work? How do you create soooo many pages between lunch and dinner?😯😯😯😯🤔🤔🤔🤔

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Heeding @ReneeFLL advice to limit space, and thinking of OB ( @Ocean Boy😁

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wasn't referring to Ocean Boy.

Sorry Renee ( @ReneeFLL ) if I've saved also words, not only space/pages.... and I was misunderstood. The above in yellow is what I was referring to 😁

And, of course, I know who you were referring to. I've tried.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

One of my favorite Christmas songs for children's choir. This group started out to provide music at the Salt Lake City Olympics and just continued on from there. This song is very simplistic to the sort of thing they do now. It's an auditioned group and not cheap to belong to. They have tons of youtube videos. I love the pure tone of the kids' voices in this piece. 

I was going to skip the video but glad I didn't. That was very good!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The lead singer of the Duprees was a good friend of mine.The group recorded several Christmas records .

Has anyone here ever heard them ?

Yes.

Their Doo-wop style was different.

Their highest single You belong to me reached number 6 on the billboard hot 100 in 1962. 

Graham.

• Like 3