Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

All they would need to do is to add a block feature so the person couldn't keep messaging them. I think it's about something else. Maybe they don't want people sending each other TA info or links which they don't allow on here? 🤷‍♀️

Sure, but there will still be someone who is going to report whoever it was that was harassing them and it is just more work for those that run this board.  I am sure the TA issue is part of it too as some boards on other social media sites have issues with TA who send PM trying to recruit new clients.  Whatever the reasoning, their board, their rules.  If someone really needs to get in touch with another poster, there are ways to do it without having to join another site.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry Renee ( @ReneeFLL ) if I've saved also words, not only space/pages.... and I was misunderstood. The above in yellow is what I was referring to 😁

And, of course, I know who you were referring to. I've tried.

Unfortunately some things just fly right over people's heads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

What did I do today,you ask ?

I went to my Neurologist because I am having very bad side effects to one of my Parkinsons medications.He s going to put me on something else as soon as I can get off the current one.

Afterward I went to redeem a birthday coupon that was extended past July due to the pandemic.The coupon was for a Make your own Sundae up to $10.00.I had a Peanut Butter,Pistacchio,Mango topped with all kinds of goodies.

I have just diagnosed you.  You’re pregnant!!

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

John posted a video of an a cappela group called Straight No Chaser singing a great version of The 12 Days of Christmas on his Bella thread.  That got me watching other videos that they've posted and I saw this version of them singing Mary Did You Know? on the Today Show.  First time that I'd ever heard this song.  I need to go find the Mary J Blige version.

Very nice, thanks for bringing to my attention!  I’m still partial to MJB’s version which is very soulful & straightforward.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was going to skip the video but glad I didn't. That was very good!

Yeah, I love that piece. 

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I agree.  She sounded too forced.

I don't know about forced, but it was just plain over-the-top. 

23 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m not a huge fan of Celine.  

"My heart will go on and on......."  lol   Funny - the day that the Viking Sky came within a ship's length of foundering against the rocks, the ship's guitarist at lunch was doing that song!  Little did we know a few hours later we'd be evacuating people by helicopter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

SNext, our daughter had told us about one of the less fortunate (poor? I am never sure what the correct term is anymore) students in her class.  She had given this boy a couple outfits that our grandson outgrew, but unfortunately they were small for him.  He was so excited to have some nice clothes to wear, he wore them, even though they were too small.  Susan and I went out and bought a couple new Nike and Under Armour outfits that would fit him, and dropped those off to give to him.  

That was very nice of you.    I am sure he will really appreciate. 

My Mother was a school teacher for 30+ years and every now and then found a particular child that needed extra help with lunch money, clothes, etc. and always loved to help whenever she could without upsetting others as the school policies frowned upon it.   Her last years of teaching was 1st or 2nd graders (started at high school, then many years at Jr. High aka middle school  then elementary school).    I remember she had a little girl in her classroom that came from a very large family and always showed up disheveled and said no one had time to help her so my Mom used to help her do her hair every morning and pretty up her clothes.    She was in glory helping this little girl.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

No, but Mickey Guyton's version during the Rockefeller center's Christmas Tree lighting program last night is apparently highly acclaimed. I didn't like it at all. Stick to the basic notes without all the fancy embellishment. A classic like that doesn't need it. Just turns me off when they start going crazy with it. Like the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. I cringe every time someone gets up to sing some sort of elaborate version. 

Darn I missed watching the Rockefeller program.    I watch that every year.     Hopefully I find on it 'on demand'. 

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

YAY

Thanks, Marietta!❤️

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent💕

I'm sitting in waiting room to get my boobies squished in that horrible machine.

Thanks Debbie. ❤️  I hope all went well with your mammo.

I always take Advil prior to my mammo...

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great news Maryann. What a relief.

Thank you, Greg.  For sure!❤️

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan and I went out and bought a couple new Nike and Under Armour outfits that would fit him, and dropped those off to give to him.  

What a wonderful blessing for this little boy.  Thank you Mark and Susan for your generosity.❤️

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great news

Thank you, Lenny❤️

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

. I love the pure tone of the kids' voices in this piece. 

Beautiful!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That's great news. You both must be so relieved. 

It's great to hear you are getting better. I'm also allergic to the contrast iodine dye. I wonder if it's common.

Thank you, Renee! ❤️ We really are relieved.

My mom was also allergic to iodine.

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I remember she had a little girl in her classroom that came from a very large family and always showed up disheveled and said no one had time to help her so my Mom used to help her do her hair every morning and pretty up her clothes.    She was in glory helping this little girl.    

Your Mother sounds like such a loving and sweet person.  That little girl will always remember your mom and the special time they spent together.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was born 1966 and growing up in PA we had ABC ,CBS, NBC, PBS,  uhf channels 17, 29, 45 or 48 and  occassionally 65.  I think that's all of them.

I thought it was very cool when we started getting one or two of those mysterious UHF channels that needed their own separate tuner on the TV.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Renee! ❤️ 

Your Mother sounds like such a loving and sweet person.  That little girl will always remember your mom and the special time they spent together.

Funny, cute story.   I recently shopped for auto and home insurance, I  do that every couple of years, and I spoke with a local agent and he told me my Mom was his English teacher in junior high school and he had a huge crush on her.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We only had 3 or 4, I just figured NYC had more

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We did!😉

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was born 1966 and growing up in PA we had ABC ,CBS, NBC, PBS,  uhf channels 17, 29, 45 or 48 and  occassionally 65.  I think that's all of them.

Born in 1964 & grew up in northern NYC suburbs  and got 7: The 3 major networks - CBS (Ch2), NBC (Ch 4) and ABC (Ch 7) as well as local stations WNEW (Ch5), WOR (Ch9) and WPIX (Ch11). And PBS (Ch13) but that was only good for Sesame Street & Electric Company. Once in a while if weather condions were good, we could pick up Hartford, CT CBS on Ch3 which was weird b/c it wasn't in sync with NYC CBS.

I watched too much TV as a kid.

• Like 1