Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I got a hole in one 12 years ago on a course that no longer exists...hole #14 at Old Silo in Kentucky.  It was part of an incredibly lucky string of 3 holes.  I chipped in over a bunker from a short sided position on the par 5 13th for birdie.  Then hit the hole in one on 14, and followed with about a 30 foot putt that broke at least 6 feet for birdie on 15.  Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to put that golf ball away.  I sliced (badly) my drive on 16 into another fairway.  I should have easily been able to find it in the middle of the other fairway but never did.  We assumed that the 4 some playing that hole found the ball in their fairway and picked it up.

It's sad to see what sometimes happens to courses like Old Silo.  It was regularly picked in the top 5 of public courses in KY and was chosen as the top course more than once.  According to rumor, the owner died and his son tried to squeeze some money out of it.  Greens fees went up and maintenance went down...a death spiral for a golf course.  It closed in 2017 and houses are being built where the course used to be. ☹️

The course, I played at most as a kid, is now a neighborhood too.  Although it was never very nice!  I have missed about a dozen hole in ones by less than an inch or two.  Several of them on the course I played as a kid that were par 4s.  One of those, I hit a 3 wood that ended up hanging over the lip in the middle of the hole directly behind the cup.  Figure that something must have happened with the pin.  I have holed out a few shots on par 4s and 5s that were longer than my one hole in one which was about 135 yards on number 8 at Millwood Country Club.  My best run of holes happened at Millwood about 20 years ago.  I made birdie on number 1 with a 50 foot putt.  Number two I made a birdie on a par 5 after missing a 20 foot eagle putt.   Number 3 I snaked in another 30 foot putt for a birdie.  Number 4 a routine two putt par.  Number 5 a par 3 I hit it to within a yard or so, for birdie.  Number 6 a 10 footer for birdie.  Standing on the 7th tee (number one handicap hole I was -5.  I promptly smashed two out of bounds, and had a 10.  Went to number 8 1 over par.  Ended up with a very average 82.  😆

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Also happy to say we both got negative test results so actual packing will be done today!  I’ve had most of our clothing out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms but held off on actually putting things in suitcases. 

Terrific, Deb!  I wish you and Andy a wonderful cruise!  Jim and I also waited until we had our results before we began packing.  Everything was ironed and we had clothing on the bed in our spare bedroom, also.  

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from second booster shot.  We shall see what tomorrow brings😳

I hope you and Charlie will be just fine!

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not better.I do not know if you were posting this to me.I have a really bad headache ,a sensation of my body burning up and horrifific pain in my legs.Last night we nearly called 911.According to the Internet this can last for 3 days.I have been taking Tylenol.I never had pain like this before.

I'm so sorry, Lenny!  

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Told him next time he's doing this kind of "restoration", he should take pics of "before" and "after". This time, you'll have to believe me...

20220401_205525.thumb.jpg.7ef2d0d5ef1c08c0630937cb294b7421.jpg

IMG_8565.thumb.jpg.67e242ac54e1423fb30fd15618c5002a.jpg

Your DH does beautiful work, Dani!  Very nice!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

One day a week we're allowed to through out junk in a designated place for the municipality to gather.

For DH those are the days he goes "junk-hunting" in the neighborhood .... A couple of years ago he found what was once upon a time a table, missing its top, only the 4 legs. It was left on our back balcony, waiting its "opportunity".

Lately, DS1 discovered it, and asked to be turned into a chess table... Sure enough, DH painted the legs gold with just a touch of "copper-like" brushes, and hunted again, in the designated days, for an adequate top.... Alas, after some fruitless weeks, he gave up and just bought a piece of wood, to be tailored as a chess top. Painted it gold, and then painstakingly engraved the game into the top.

Told him next time he's doing this kind of "restoration", he should take pics of "before" and "after". This time, you'll have to believe me...

I like that.  

I just got my chess set out of storage.  My grandson said he would like to learn how to play, so it is waiting for him the next time he is here. 

C9547FE9-E541-4DB2-817B-ADE5F8B7B81A.thumb.jpeg.572533a67bc7cdc7c8c17c898644f816.jpeg

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

One day a week we're allowed to through out junk in a designated place for the municipality to gather.

For DH those are the days he goes "junk-hunting" in the neighborhood .... A couple of years ago he found what was once upon a time a table, missing its top, only the 4 legs. It was left on our back balcony, waiting its "opportunity".

Lately, DS1 discovered it, and asked to be turned into a chess table... Sure enough, DH painted the legs gold with just a touch of "copper-like" brushes, and hunted again, in the designated days, for an adequate top.... Alas, after some fruitless weeks, he gave up and just bought a piece of wood, to be tailored as a chess top. Painted it gold, and then painstakingly engraved the game into the top.

That is a work of art!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just got my chess set out of storage.  My grandson said he would like to learn how to play, so it is waiting for him the next time he is here. 

Very nice set !!

Now DS1 will have more space to teach chess his nephews .....

Chess.png

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The course, I played at most as a kid, is now a neighborhood too.  Although it was never very nice!  I have missed about a dozen hole in ones by less than an inch or two.  Several of them on the course I played as a kid that were par 4s.  One of those, I hit a 3 wood that ended up hanging over the lip in the middle of the hole directly behind the cup.  Figure that something must have happened with the pin.  I have holed out a few shots on par 4s and 5s that were longer than my one hole in one which was about 135 yards on number 8 at Millwood Country Club.  My best run of holes happened at Millwood about 20 years ago.  I made birdie on number 1 with a 50 foot putt.  Number two I made a birdie on a par 5 after missing a 20 foot eagle putt.   Number 3 I snaked in another 30 foot putt for a birdie.  Number 4 a routine two putt par.  Number 5 a par 3 I hit it to within a yard or so, for birdie.  Number 6 a 10 footer for birdie.  Standing on the 7th tee (number one handicap hole I was -5.  I promptly smashed two out of bounds, and had a 10.  Went to number 8 1 over par.  Ended up with a very average 82.    

My son went to the same high school as Phil Mickelson and was one year behind him .  We lived in the same neighborhood as Phil and Annette Bening.   I’ve never met either of them.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. Now off pain meds Doctor says to take Tylenol for leg and knee pain. No help at all.

Unless you have contraindications, I prefer ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil) or naproxen (Aleve) for the anti-inflammatory properties.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Unless you have contraindications, I prefer ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil) or naproxen (Aleve) for the anti-inflammatory properties.  

Thanks I am doing an alternating Tylenol and Advil combination. Tylenol for pain and Advil as the anti-inflammatory for my swelling. I still have swelling that the doctor said I will have for several more months at least.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I am doing an alternating Tylenol and Advil combination. Tylenol for pain and Advil as the anti-inflammatory for my swelling. I still have swelling that the doctor said I will have for several more months at least.

If the Tylenol isn't giving you relief, just go to straight Advil (or my preference, Aleve) and leave the Tylenol sitting in the bottle. 

You're better off with a continuous dose of anti-inflammatory in your system to keep the swelling down, IMO. 

• Like 4

Just now, brillohead said:

If the Tylenol isn't giving you relief, just go to straight Advil (or my preference, Aleve) and leave the Tylenol sitting in the bottle. 

You're better off with a continuous dose of anti-inflammatory in your system to keep the swelling down, IMO. 

Thanks I will try that. At this point I am willing to try anything to keep my pain down.

• Like 3

Good Afternoon from sunny Bonaire. 

Lenny, hope you feel better soon. Sue, loving your Dubai pictures. John, hope your relative gets well soon. Debbie we ate at West Deck in Aruba yesterday and it was amazing as always. I had a Keshi Yena and remembered Andrew (raisins!). For my main entree I had the fillet of snapper in Creole sauce and hubby had spicy shrimp in jerk sauce. We walked back to the ship. 

Greg, omg....I saw two Pappy Winkles of some vintage in a store in Aruba and thought about you.....I said how much and store owner laughed at me, and said this is not your thing!!!! My dh choked laughing. I said asking for a friend (which was the absolute truth) At which they laughed even more that of all the light weights, Iiiii was asking!!!! But if Aruba is on your itinerary this is one store that has it all. I can email you the store details if you like.

Prayers and well wishes for all who requested. Bon voyages to all who are getting ready to cruise.

Mimi, how are you. I would love to hear all about your cruise.

Dani hugs to you. Your family looks lovely. Marietta hope you are 👍

Tomorrow we will be in Curacao. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Greg, omg....I saw two Pappy Winkles of some vintage in a store in Aruba and thought about you.....I said how much and store owner laughed at me, and said this is not your thing!!!! My dh choked laughing. I said asking for a friend (which was the absolute truth) At which they laughed even more that of all the light weights, Iiiii was asking!!!! But if Aruba is on your itinerary this is one store that has it all. I can email you the store details if you like.

Thank you for thinking of me. I'm sure if it was like Gulhomars Whiskey Paradise in St. Maarten the bottles were over $1500. The markup of some of the Pappy's are outrageous considering the fact that the Pappy 23 year MSRP is $300. If they priced at MSRP I would be interested but these inflated prices no. I stand a better chance entering in some of the raffles for purchase here in my home state. You should have replied to him, "now that you have insulted my American Express Black Card I think I will not purchase two of these bottles." and watch the look on his face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Have you tried wrapping the knee at night to help with the swelling?

Not wrapping but I have tried wearing my compression stockings. It did not help with the restless leg syndrome and nerve pain. My surgeon has put me back on Pregamblin (for nerve pain) and hopefully I will feel some results.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Go back to the bourbon.😇

Plan to tonight with our Below Deck Sailing Night. We will watch BD Sailing last wek's episode with deleted scenes and then this weeks episode followed by BD Down Under. Can't wait. Friday's are my favorite.

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Plus, if you're not taking Tylenol, your liver can better handle the bourbon!

I always thought Ibufrofen was harder on your liver that Tylenol?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brillohead said:

At least that's one vaccine I won't have to worry about --- never had chicken pox, so don't have the virus in my system to be reactivated into shingles.  

My DH couldn't for the life on him remember he had chicken pox [I have a small scar, so I "remember"].

Then, it came biting him in the a$$ [not literally...], 10 days before an year and a half awaited cruise to Vietnam... He was in great pain.

My good friend had polio in the early 50. She walks with a very slight limp. It came back in force in her sixties. Sheer bad luck.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

He did a great job on the table!  It looks beautiful.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not wrapping but I have tried wearing my compression stockings. It did not help with the restless leg syndrome and nerve pain. My surgeon has put me back on Pregamblin (for nerve pain) and hopefully I will feel some results.

Plan to tonight with our Below Deck Sailing Night. We will watch BD Sailing last wek's episode with deleted scenes and then this weeks episode followed by BD Down Under. Can't wait. Friday's are my favorite.

I always thought Ibufrofen was harder on your liver that Tylenol?

If Marijuana is legal in your area , I hear it is a great pain reliever, so I have heard 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My DH couldn't for the life on him remember he had chicken pox [I have a small scar, so I "remember"].

Then, it came biting him in the a$$ [not literally...], 10 days before an year and a half awaited cruise to Vietnam... He was in great pain.

In my case, it went through our neighborhood before I was born, and I never got exposed later in life.  I asked my doctor about getting the vaccine as an adult, and he said, "You probably had it as a child and just don't know -- we'll check your titers."  Lo and behold, my titers were completely negative, and then I ended up scrambling to get the vaccine after being exposed in my son's kindergarten class the following month.  

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My good friend had polio in the early 50. She walks with a very slight limp. It came back in force in her sixties. Sheer bad luck.

My "surrogate mom" spent six months in an iron lung at 4yo.  Polio is an awful, awful disease. 

• Like 2