Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 
Vickie and Fran were both models in our women’s club fashion show in February. 
Next time I whine about something hurting, I’m going to smack myself. 

Sending prayers 🙏 and condolences to all your friends family and friends Mimi.

Such sad news.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.
Just happy to be happy about something like cruising again. These past two years have been horrible for us. The family losses from Covid and nonCovid have been devastating. We lost an entire generation, in only one year - 2 from Covid and then the unthinkable - one of our adult children. It makes you appreciate what you have left and to never take anything for granted. Do your best in life, call your parents, aunts and uncles and other family often. Hug your children every day. 

@Neeny12.

Welcome to Dani's thread.

I'm so sorry to hear your families devastating news.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and sincerest condolences for your family.

I hope you have an amazing Caribbean cruise this month.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the heads up about arrival time.  There was a recent Anthem thread where the poster said the terminal was empty at their 11:30 am arrival time and staff were outside announcing that if anyone had an earlier time, they could come on in.  Based on that we were going to arrive earlier than our 12:30 check-in.  But I trust your advice more so we will just stick to the 12:30.  
Also happy to say we both got negative test results so actual packing will be done today!  I’ve had most of our clothing out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms but held off on actually putting things in suitcases. 

Wishing you an amazing relaxing cruise 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We also have a grand baby arriving early September!  We have a couple trips planned through June but will later be sticking around through mid October. 

We already had an Anthem cruise booked for mid Sept before we knew about the baby, but the other grandmother will be over from Kenya until end Sept. We have to make our decision to either change to an earlier cruise, cancel altogether or stick with it soon. 

We've only paid the non refundable deposit so far so not too bad if we have to cancel 

Baby is due 01st Sept

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

@Sea Dog  @bobmacliberty

I'm a lurker here, but think I read you are both Bourbon affecionados.   Can you provide some recommendations for a nice bottle for my DH for an upcoming birthday?   I don't think I can justify anything that is like $1000/bottle, but something in the 100-200 price point would be great.

His current bottle is Woodford Reserve double oaked.  I'd like something a step up from that if you can recommend.   Thank you both.   

Hopefully OK to post here--maybe should have been in the Bella thread?

2032618D-B55D-4284-84D2-256A197BE8B5.jpeg.7273bf132fe5a4444e8e03b9e6f4c5d2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the heads up about arrival time.  There was a recent Anthem thread where the poster said the terminal was empty at their 11:30 am arrival time and staff were outside announcing that if anyone had an earlier time, they could come on in.  Based on that we were going to arrive earlier than our 12:30 check-in.  But I trust your advice more so we will just stick to the 12:30.  
Also happy to say we both got negative test results so actual packing will be done today!  I’ve had most of our clothing out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms but held off on actually putting things in suitcases. 

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't think it matters much, He has a lot of $$ already. He will never need to work again anyway.

He may have a lot of money but I think their egos go beyond that. I don't think the mentality of those over paid Hollywood elitists deal well with fading into oblivion no matter how well their bank accounts are padded or how big their houses are.

@Sea Dog and Jabbar have already stated the issue with Smith well. I agree with everything they said so no need to repeat it all here.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 
Vickie and Fran were both models in our women’s club fashion show in February. 
Next time I whine about something hurting, I’m going to smack myself. 

So sorry to hear this Mimi.  My condolences.

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Or the servers at Durgin Park restaurant in Boston who laid down the rules and you followed them or went hungry. 

That restaurant went out of business a couple of years ago.  I was surprised to hear that because it was always packed when I was there, but that was many years ago.

• Like 1

So what exactly does it mean that Will Smith withdrew from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?  Is that some sort of union and he will not be able to work on any future "union projects"?  Or is he just no longer eligible to win an Oscar?  I always thought that the Academy was just an awards group but never really gave it any thought.

9 hours ago, George C said:

Really hope they make it totally legal , I have stock in 3 different companies that sell it in Canada .

I think it's just a matter of time before it's legal everywhere in the US.  That's the way it's trending, and there's too much money involved (including potential taxes for governments).  I know a couple of people who take gummies for pain and it helps them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think it's just a matter of time before it's legal everywhere in the US.  That's the way it's trending, and there's too much money involved (including potential taxes for governments).  I know a couple of people who take gummies for pain and it helps them.

I think it will happen but I believe it is a mistake.  Keeping the population compliant and complacent is not good in my opinion.  This is just my opinion.  (yes I tried it in my 20s, it made me tired and I had too much to do in life)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

@Sea Dog  @bobmacliberty

I'm a lurker here, but think I read you are both Bourbon affecionados.   Can you provide some recommendations for a nice bottle for my DH for an upcoming birthday?   I don't think I can justify anything that is like $1000/bottle, but something in the 100-200 price point would be great.

His current bottle is Woodford Reserve double oaked.  I'd like something a step up from that if you can recommend.   Thank you both.   

Hopefully OK to post here--maybe should have been in the Bella thread?

You will have many good choices in that price range, but your biggest challenge will be what is available where you live.  You'll also find a lot of unique/unusual/limited edition bourbons in that range...some with flavor profiles that your DH may or may not like.  Many will be "barrel proof" with higher alcohol content and many will have been barreled for 10 or more years.  I'd check with someone knowledgeable in your local liquor store.  

That said, here are a few brands that he would likely appreciate and may be available.  Disclaimer, this is more than I typically spend so my only experience is with Blanton's, Jefferson's, and lower priced versions of these distillers.

Woodford Reserve Very Fine Rare (if you want to stay in the Woodford family)

Any of the Blanton's, if you can get it

Jefferson's Ocean, if you can get it

Knob Creek 15 year

Michter's 10 year

Elijah Craig 10 year or Toasted Barrel

Wild Turkey 13 year

Weller 12 year

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 11:11 AM, Lionesss said:

Since there has been recent talk of new phones lately I want to share a story that could only happen to my daughter.

So in February her phone was starting to act weird, she would get selective texts and would want to respond only some would go and others just did not send.  So since she lives in Oxford Ohio and her closest store is in Cincinnati, she  emailed them and asked what to do (At&t does not answer the phone or they are not set up to do it, so you have to email).

They told her to take it to Best buy near her home a few miles away.

She did.

The attendant told her in order for it to go out for repairs and have a back-up phone she had to put down a deposit of $400 dollars and they would give her a new I phone 11 to use.  (she currently has a I phone 10 I think)

Her phone would be back in 3-4 weeks.

She did.

So this past  Monday she goes back to best buy and the man who helped her took her into  an office and told her to sit down and goes "let me get you a bottle of water".  He leaves and is gone a long time.  Now she is scared and wondered if the FBI/CIA were going to appear for some security leak.  

He comes back and goes, we have a problem.

Your phone had a cracked (whatever------ she was in panic mode and did not hear) and it was a biohazard.

Before AT&T could do further investigation, it was thrown into the biohazard box and destroyed.

We are sorry.

She goes, I loved my purple phone and I had to wait to get that color. And looked sad she said.

He leaves and comes back which she said seemed like an eternity.

Ok here is where we are, he continues.

So At&t has agreed to provide you with a new I phone 11

2 year service contract   Free of charge as long as you stay on your current contract.

Also return you $400 deposit for use of the temporary phone.

She goes GREAT!!!!!!!!!

He continues.......But there is one concern.

We only have the phone in black, and you will not get purple.

So now putting on her drama face, sad face she goes I really liked the purple...........

I cannot believe this happened, but glad I was not harmed with a 'biohazard"

Again he leaves, and a few moments later comes back with the new phone and......

He then goes we will also include a phone case as well as a screen saver at no cost. 

You can pick any case in the store.

(I raised her well).

So now, drama gone, happy daughter, new phone for free.

I think you know this is for real, you cannot make this stuff up.

Take care

I think I am going to apply to write daily life events for our local news paper, and share the wealth.

Dick thinks I will things to happen to me so I can get rewarded. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You will have many good choices in that price range, but your biggest challenge will be what is available where you live.  You'll also find a lot of unique/unusual/limited edition bourbons in that range...some with flavor profiles that your DH may or may not like.  Many will be "barrel proof" with higher alcohol content and many will have been barreled for 10 or more years.  I'd check with someone knowledgeable in your local liquor store.  

Thank you so much--this is very helpful to have some names to at least ask about.  I know absolutely nothing about bourbon!!

And since I posted my question last night, this morning I am getting pop-up ads on my pc for various brand of bourbon!!

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/31/2022 at 9:57 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

I hope your SIL starts responding to the meds. Leaving ICU and then having to go back is really worrisome. 
🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 and condolences to all your friends family and friends Mimi.

Such sad news.

Graham.

@jagsfan  So sorry, Mimi. Loosing close friends, especially at our age, is never easy. HUGS 😘

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

@Neeny12.

Welcome to Dani's thread.

I'm so sorry to hear your families devastating news.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and sincerest condolences for your family.

Graham.

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome to our wonderful and loving thread.

I am so sorry to hear of your many losses;  but most especially the loss of your child.💔

+ 3 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, how are you and your family doing?

Thank you, Marietta. Sadly, the volatile situation in our neck of woods is an "ongoing" one.... Now people tend to stay away from crowded places [ we too...], but, if in a week or two there will be no attacks, back to "normal" until the next one....

Less than 2 weeks from now we have our Passover Eve, so there is that 😢

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

He has his own production company and he is extremely popular.  

Hard to imagine he won’t have future popular projects.

I think we have a situation of too big to fail here.

I read that he has 350 million dollars.No need to take up a collection for him.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Okay...we're on page 2155...I can only imagine what page you'all  will be on when I get back from my cruise on  April 10th!!🙅‍♀️

That does not matter.What matters is that you have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is so funny. We both smoked weed back in our young adulthood. We haven't revisited it yet. Yesterday, there was a coupon on the back of our grocery store receipt for $25 off your $125 purchase at our local dispensary, "Garden of Eden" :classic_biggrin:

I don't know which states are legal, but the gummies and CBD ointments and extracts are supposed to be very helpful for chronic pain, and things like restless leg and restful sleep. They sell the CBD extract and ointments here at Kohls and Walgreens. LOL :classic_biggrin:

I smoked an all natural product way back when.I still have my rolling paper.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Marietta. Sadly, the volatile situation in our neck of woods is an "ongoing" one.... Now people tend to stay away from crowded places [ we too...], but, if in a week or two there will be no attacks, back to "normal" until the next one....

Less than 2 weeks from now we have our Passover Eve, so there is that 😢

Sending prayers 🙏 for you and your families safety Dani.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1