Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

For Jimbo, this was on my last cruise on the Allure, the wave was a complete mess because the ship was moving a ton. Which meant the wave would lose massive amounts of power, you can see me searching for energy when the wave was misbehaving.  Still I am the most boring surfer of all-time, because I don’t do anything but go back and forth, Many days I don’t fall at all.  

JC

You’re a cool dude!! 

16 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

one more direct from mac

Very good, you got the arm/hand action down too for balance 🙂 ..........Now what ship is this and is this a good flowrider that has the correct seam? I'm guess why all you guys comment on the seam because it makes it much harder to surf. Is that correct?

Just now, Jimbo said:

Very good, you got the arm/hand action down too for balance 🙂 ..........Now what ship is this and is this a good flowrider that has the correct seam? I'm guess why all you guys comment on the seam because it makes it much harder to surf. Is that correct?

Allure old worn out mat/trampoline.  Pumps are under powered, they put us on the starboard wave that day because the normal port wave was not working in the rough sea conditions.  I think they replaced the ones with the seams, although I haven’t been on the Odyssey yet.  I think when they were just sitting in the sun with no water on them the seems swelled up and FlowRider replaced them under warranty.  Bad design.  I have no personal knowledge of this.  They were supposed to replace everything in 2020 when the Allure went to dry dock.  They did nothing to the FlowRider since Covid was happening.  

I do use my arms to much, just a bad habit I have, if I have a perfect wave I can copy the Pezz style, on this day it was a definite eyes wide open surfing experience because if you went to a part of the wave and the water went away you would fall.  I don’t like falling.  You will notice I am mostly in the middle of the wave, because the sides were not getting much water and the water there had very little power.  When I come down the wave it is because the wave is close to stalling out, so I am just looking for water under pressure.

jc

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So this morning I let the dog out and then proceeded to turn and bang my foot into a footstool that we have near the door.  Hurt like hell and I was pretty sure I broke a toe but I ignored it all day.  Finally decided to take my sock off and take a look and yep, based on past experiences my middle toe is definitely broken.  Nice and bruised all the way around.  I let Vikki walk Merlin tonight.  I guess we'll find out how hard it is to walk in the morning.  At least it's the middle toe so the others support it.

Just glad it happened after I got back from my cruises as opposed to before. 

Hope you feel better. 

• Like 1

Good evening.

Our Sarah set up a birthday table at our favourite Italian restaurant tonight.

Pauline had her birthday on the ship but had covid when we got home then Sarah had covid last week so tonight was the first opportunity to meet up.

IMG_20220406_183032.jpg

IMG_20220406_191725.jpg

IMG_20220406_191714.jpg

IMG-20220406-WA0015.jpg

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Our Sarah set up a birthday table at our favourite Italian restaurant tonight.

Pauline had her birthday on the ship but had covid when we got home then Sarah had covid last week so tonight was the first opportunity to meet up.

IMG_20220406_183032.jpg

IMG_20220406_191725.jpg

IMG_20220406_191714.jpg

IMG-20220406-WA0015.jpg

Looks like a wonderful Birthday celebration. Cheers to Pauline!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that your girls had Covid! I hope everyone is feeling much better now. I really like Pauline's hair this way; she has had it down in more pics lately instead of pulled back in a ponytail.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline had her birthday on the ship

Pauline, as usual, is dressed very classy and to perfection. It seems a wonderful celebration, with a nice Estee Lauder cream among the gifts 😘

Never too late to wish again a very Happy Birthday to Pauline 💐

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I do use my arms to much, just a bad habit I have, if I have a perfect wave I can copy the Pezz style,

Glad it’s his style and not his personality.😉

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

on this day it was a definite eyes wide open surfing experience because if you went to a part of the wave and the water went away you would fall.  I don’t like falling.  You will notice I am mostly in the middle of the wave, because the sides were not getting much water and the water there had very little power.  When I come down the wave it is because the wave is close to stalling out, so I am just looking for water under pressure.

jc

I’ve had a couple days and private rentals to which the ship moved so much that the pumps would run out of water and stop.  They would quickly fire up again when the ship levelled out. Anyone on the wave was stranded, then swamped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Pauline, as usual, is dressed very classy and to perfection. It seems a wonderful celebration, with a nice Estee Lauder cream among the gifts 😘

Thank you for your lovely words Dani.

Graham.

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+1. Sarah and Pauline are so stunning as are you Graham😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just booked Oasis for August.  Now I feel better having a cruise booked!!!  It is a graduation present for our granddaughter and we are letting her mother join in😃

Is she going to college after the cruise.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

one more direct from mac

Your skill and talent is at such a high level that you make it look effortless & boring.  You already lasted 3 minutes longer than 90% of the people.

BTW, private lesson? Or you up at the  crack of dawn? Where are the long lines of people.

• Like 2