Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I'm late.

It's great. You can watch it now on the NBC Peacock App. I hope it will be on Bravo soon.

Great news Lenny. I hope it does give you more mobility.

Ask you doctor about Simvisc. It works really well. I had it injected in my knee and it gave me relief for over a year.

Did they say what grade it was. I had grade 4 which is the worst. Bone on bone.

Good advice. I sleep with a pillow between my legs at night.

Sounds like you have done all the right things. You might ask about getting Diclofenac pills which is a good Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.

The doctor said the steroid is slightly better after I mentioned the simvisc but agreed it was an option.

My heart medication after my heart attack 2 and a half years ago prevent me from taking non steroidal anti inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen or Diclofenic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We made it on watching Survivor when they announced the winner.

Of course I took a break and did some house work while they pleaded their case and answered questions.  I do not enjoy that part, I feel like it is whining and begging.

So when my DH called me back, I cannot say I was not surprised with the winner.

To me, oh. ok, they won.

Can only hope next season is better.

Take care

I gave up on Survivor once years ago then went back years later.This season in my opinion was really bad.

4 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Is next season #41 since this was #42?  
A few months ago I watched #1 since my sister said that was the only good one.  
I only watch BB for the comps, so watching Survivor w/Jonathan & Lindsey was pretty good.
Doesn't matter how strong or how many comps you win.

I watch BB but lately it has not been that good.My favorite of the shows is Amazing Race.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

At least it is not severe osteoarthritis.

I am learning to sleep on my back because with the moderate osteoarthritis in my hips when I lie on my side my knees touch each other when sleeping causing pain when I wake up.

I can only sleep on my back.Prior to my spine surgery in 2010 I was always a side sleeper.Once I got used to sleeping on my back it was fine.I also have osteoarthritis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have found for my knees that Celebrex works very well.  I also have used Voltaren gel or rosemary oil.  You might try a pillow between your knees at night.  It keeps your hips and knees in alignment when sleeping on your side.  Just ideas that may or may not help.  I have knee issues also and have tried a lot of things to help.

I use a pillow between my knees at night too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have moderate osteoarthritis in my hips so lying on my side in the recovery position is painful.

I have tried Normal pillows and special knee pillow's which work for 1 or 2 nights but any pressure on the inside of both knees causes pain.

Fortunately I can go to sleep very quickly but the inside of both knees is painful when I wake up.

I have tried rubbing Voltarol and other anti inflammatory gel on my knees but the pressure of rubbing the gel in makes the inside of each knee more painful.

Ibuprofen tablets were perfect but my heart medication prevents me from taking them and I am not interested in taking codeine tablets which didn't work for me anyway.

Fortunately I have a high pain threshold.

Graham.

The only pain medication I am able to tolerate is extra strength Tylenol .I have been taking 2000 mg.a day for 3 years.I also use Biofreeze 4 times a day for my many medical issues,plus I take 5 Bone Guard Forte tablets a day.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It's really getting closer, and with yesterday's baking, today - visit to our single boy (details below) and the birthday celebration tomorrow, we'll get to the less than 2 weeks margin 😉

So, our single son is renting an 1 bedroom flat in a very old building in Tel-Aviv (circa 1950). DH helped painting, repairing and updating the characterless space as much as possible.

Lately, the "kid" asked for a reading lamp, handmade of course by dad. This morning we travelled to Tel-Aviv and were very lucky to find a parking spot quite near the flat (being such an old neighborhood, all the buildings have no in site parking).

Here's the reading lamp, freshly installed --

image.thumb.jpeg.13de1bec68fea920432ce06983b00eff.jpeg

A corner picture

image.thumb.jpeg.c04b1be195f07465bcda5d9767644150.jpeg

and a piece of furniture made from their old childhood one....

image.thumb.jpeg.8dcd0912a2f4c5f5c58a191ddf889021.jpeg

Your Husband is very talented.     I love all pieces but especially like the corner picture.     I have never seen anything like that and would love to have one.      

The reading lamp is genius🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our grandson Jack's 15 Birthday!  Jack is turning into a fine young man, who makes us very proud.  Last week he was invited to the Board of Education meeting where he was awarded the "Unsung Hero" award.  He selflessly videos most of the school's athletic games, as well as concerts at the High School and middle school.  He has been making school related videos since 6th grade, and last year he built his own computer.  He's a great kid, to boot!😉  Okay, bragging is over.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jack🎂     He sounds like an amazing young man and worthy of lots of bragging🥰

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

He's a great kid, to boot!😉  Okay, bragging is over.

Happy birthday to Jack!

Don’t you know that’s why we have grandkids?   So we can brag about them. 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope that he is invited to be on a future show as sometimes happened.The winner should be the person who plays the best overall game.

WARNING: If you have not seen the end of Survivor yet, don't read this post.

One of the things that I like about Survivor is that you have to be chosen as the winner by the same people that you often helped vote off.  It adds a nice twist.  While Jonathan dominated the challenges (other than puzzles) and seemed like a great guy early in the season, there were a few women who did not like the way that he spoke to them.  The social game is equally, if not more important, than what you do physically.  Everyone may have a different view of what makes for playing the best overall game.  I didn't watch the post show but it would have been interesting to ask the jurors who they would have voted for if Jonathan had beaten Mike in the fire challenge.  Would Jonathan have won?  Personally, I thought Lindsay played the best overall game.

I think MaryAnn surprised a few people during the interviews when she pulled out the idol that no one else knew about and described her strategy in detail for ensuring that she got to the final 4.  Jurors who may have questioned whether or not she had any real strategy in the game must have been impressed.  I saw it all happen and even I was surprised by how well she laid it out for the jurors.  Mike didn't really help himself with the jurors by staying rigidly focused on how he played with integrity when he lied to several of the jurors.  And Romeo...well...he never really had a chance and made things even worse.  

Did anyone else catch the ad for the upcoming show that will have contestants from Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, and Love Island called The Challenge: USA?  Looks very interesting.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The doctor said the steroid is slightly better after I mentioned the simvisc but agreed it was an option.

My heart medication after my heart attack 2 and a half years ago prevent me from taking non steroidal anti inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen or Diclofenic.

That's too bad you can't take it but very understandable that you don't want meds to interfere with your heart meds. I think the Simvisc may be the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did anyone else catch the ad for the upcoming show that will have contestants from Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, and Love Island called The Challenge: USA?  Looks very interesting.  

Do you think it will be as exciting as CBS's "The Real Love Boat?" 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our grandson Jack's 15 Birthday!  Jack is turning into a fine young man, who makes us very proud.  Last week he was invited to the Board of Education meeting where he was awarded the "Unsung Hero" award.  He selflessly videos most of the school's athletic games, as well as concerts at the High School and middle school.  He has been making school related videos since 6th grade, and last year he built his own computer.  He's a great kid, to boot!😉  Okay, bragging is over.

Your grandson may have a future in YouTube!  10 years ago, I would have thought that was crazy. My daughter back then said she could make a nice living publishing videos on beauty tips and I thought she was nuts.  Today though, there are many, many YouTubers who earn 6 figures plus annually and some that are now multi-millionaires.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's too bad you can't take it but very understandable that you don't want meds to interfere with your heart meds. I think the Simvisc may be the way to go.

Paulines cousin lives in Australia and recommended this gel which was a hit for humans in Australia.

It is for horses and dogs and I got it from the vet shed and it works well.

16535784899441636545404874652778.jpg.0a04890edb606e030f8540c401d11b17.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to your grandson. Sounds like a great boy worthy of such an award.  

• Like 1