Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It wasn’t really deep enough to sit on comfortably, plus it’s recessed from the rest of the house and didn’t get much sun.  I’d much rather sit on the big deck which is nice & sunny. Plus the pool equipment is right below the balcony, and the new main deck stairs are much closer so it’s too just to busy looking.  The mechanical stuff will eventually be hidden by a short fence and landscaping but I prefer a cleaner look without the balcony. 

738C4416-68F1-432E-A377-6D7AEB453618.jpeg

You are right about it looking too busy.   The new window will look great when done.    Does Andy have extra siding to match?

• Thanks 1

Had my first ever full body skin cancer check yesterday, found 3 small places(1 above my eye, 2 on my cheek.) on my face of  actinic keratosis. Doctor zapped them right during the appointment. Other then that he said everything looked good.

My Wife was insisting I go for the check up since I'm outside a lot, she has had a few issues recently and I guess she was worried about me too.

Feel a lot better everything is fine.

• Like 10

Jim was discharged this morning at 4:30 am.  His blood work comparisons came back all good, but they want Jim to see his Cardiologist.  The reason Jim was staying at his sister's house on SI was due to his 2 appointments on the Island.  Yesterday was his 9/11 checkup, and today is his Echo test.  He is in the Dr office right now for the test.  He is scheduled to see the Cardio Dr next week.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and good wishes!  (I'm so glad yesterday is over and done😊). Love you guys!!🥰

• Like 20

We had what is hopefully just a minor air conditioning scare yesterday.  We were watching TV after dinner when Micheline complained (ahem...commented) that it was warm in the house.  If I am a little cold in the house, she's comfortable.  If I'm comfortable, she's warm.  Since I was comfortable, I checked the Nest app on my phone and it was 76 degrees.  I got up to look at the thermostat itself and there was an error message saying no voltage on the Rc wire.  After a minute, it then said that the backup battery is almost dead and it needed to shut down.  I checked what I could in the breaker panel and out at the compressor (in the dark with a flashlight) but everything looked OK.  The common wire in the thermostat backplate was not all the way under the C terminal block, so I was guessing that the Nest was not charging properly (it charges from the common wire when the heat or A/C is not running) and that the low battery may have been the reason for the error message. 

I took the Nest off the wall and plugged it into an outlet overnight to fully charge the battery.  The house was 78 when we woke up but when I put the Nest back on the wall and turned it on, the A/C started working.  Good thing because today is supposed to hit 91. 

I'm not sure that I've really solved the problem so I'll need to keep an eye on it.  I think I'll also have the HVAC people come out and do a full check on the system.  If there is a hidden problem somewhere, it will almost certainly show up on a 90+ degree day.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Had my first ever full body skin cancer check yesterday, found 3 small places(1 above my eye, 2 on my cheek.) on my face of  actinic keratosis. Doctor zapped them right during the appointment. Other then that he said everything looked good.

My Wife was insisting I go for the check up since I'm outside a lot, she has had a few issues recently and I guess she was worried about me too.

Feel a lot better everything is fine.

My wife also urged me to go,I always spent lots of time at the pool last 40 years , luckily he didn’t find anything. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim was discharged this morning at 4:30 am.  His blood work comparisons came back all good, but they want Jim to see his Cardiologist.  The reason Jim was staying at his sister's house on SI was due to his 2 appointments on the Island.  Yesterday was his 9/11 checkup, and today is his Echo test.  He is in the Dr office right now for the test.  He is scheduled to see the Cardio Dr next week.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and good wishes!  (I'm so glad yesterday is over and done😊). Love you guys!!🥰

Wouldn't it be nice if he went to Dr. M. cardiologist on SI like I do?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had what is hopefully just a minor air conditioning scare yesterday.

Glad you were able to fix it fairly easily. We had to spend $3K last week to repair our A/C, but it's been 104-105 the last couple of days, so we were just glad to have it working again. We also had to replace our garage deep freeze at the same time, which was only 2 years old. 😫 Thankfully, we didn't lose any food. The new one will be delivered today, and we are fortunate to get it that quickly since many models are on backorder right now.

So much $$$$ that I'd rather spend on cruising! 😁

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We were in the iffy area of possible storms.

Last night at 1:02 am woke up to thunder.

That is the same storm that woke our grandson up and made him race to our bed.

To say I am tired today would be an understatement. 😁

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sitting in the ER at a hospital in Staten Island right now, hoping Jim will be discharged in a couple of hours.  Jim was staying at his sister's home on SI for 2 nights since he had an early appointment for his 9/11 checkup this morning, and another early appt tomorrow for his echo test at his cardiologist.  After having dinner this evening, he started having indigestion, then was becoming nauseous and was perspiring.  My nephew, who is a Paramedic, went to check on Jim and then called an ambulance.  He then called my daughter who told me what was happening.  My other daughter then drove me to the Island. He looks good, and is feeling much better.  

So happy Jim is feeling better and has a Paramedic in the family to keep a eye on him. Tell him I hope he feels better.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have not seen ads for that series.  I will have to keep a look for it.   I love seeing new scenery.

It is actually season six of Below Deck. Apparently BD in the UK is behind seasons that air in the US.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't remember that.  Who was the Captain?

Captain Lee with Kate as the chief stew.

• Thanks 2

A couple photos from yesterday.  Not too exciting for us.  

Grandson helped install a new bubble panel in his cousins playhouse. 

6F46A16F-2980-4E35-9272-EF1C8FB965CF.thumb.jpeg.5140494305fa5634b3b85e98a14a0def.jpeg

We did manage to get a walk in, and found a heron

B94A340E-4CE0-4A95-A505-F9DA6C173995.thumb.jpeg.0a9be31d938a177836c3a39d70f1f562.jpeg

and a squirrel with the bushiest tail.  

B116301C-6095-4991-8B49-D3EFC389A793.thumb.jpeg.52908a57130f859ea5928fca4c7b82ca.jpeg

Now off for a walk this morning, and to buy a new flag for flag day. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Glad you were able to fix it fairly easily. We had to spend $3K last week to repair our A/C, but it's been 104-105 the last couple of days, so we were just glad to have it working again. We also had to replace our garage deep freeze at the same time, which was only 2 years old. 😫 Thankfully, we didn't lose any food. The new one will be delivered today, and we are fortunate to get it that quickly since many models are on backorder right now.

Our AC was down when we had gone to Naples for a November cruise 3 years ago.  Actually, our last cruise just before Covid.  Anyway, it was crazy temps in the 90's and quite humid.  It cost us Over $3000 to get it fixed.  We waited a week before the AC guys got it fixed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Grandson helped install a new bubble panel in his cousins playhouse. 

6F46A16F-2980-4E35-9272-EF1C8FB965CF.thumb.jpeg.5140494305fa5634b3b85e98a14a0def.jpeg

Now off for a walk this morning, and to buy a new flag for flag day. 

Great job, Lucas!  You can never start too young!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@LuckynanaPrayers for you and Jim🤞🙏You should have picked me up on your way to the hospital!!! They know us pretty well at the hospitals, unfortunately.

How is your son doing, Marietta? I hope he's doing better.  Also thinking of your daughter and grandchildren.  ❤️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@LuckynanaPrayers for you and Jim🤞🙏You should have picked me up on your way to the hospital!!! They know us pretty well at the hospitals, unfortunately.

My husband was well known at Regional Radiology. 😩

Next time pick me up, I'd love to go for a ride!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It’s always something when you own a house we replaced our main a/c unit last year , also one of our water heaters busted destroying our wooded floors in living room and bedrooms , luckily insurance paid for our new wood floors . 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George C said:

It’s always something when you own a house we replaced our main a/c unit last year , also one of our water heaters busted destroying our wooded floors in living room and bedrooms , luckily insurance paid for our new wood floors . 

Oh nooooo. I hate that builders in this area put water heaters in our attics. I have our plumber inspect ours every year or two because I'm so paranoid about that. The next time we replace it, I am hoping to go tankless so I won't have to constantly worry about it. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sitting in the ER at a hospital in Staten Island right now, hoping Jim will be discharged in a couple of hours.  Jim was staying at his sister's home on SI for 2 nights since he had an early appointment for his 9/11 checkup this morning, and another early appt tomorrow for his echo test at his cardiologist.  After having dinner this evening, he started having indigestion, then was becoming nauseous and was perspiring.  My nephew, who is a Paramedic, went to check on Jim and then called an ambulance.  He then called my daughter who told me what was happening.  My other daughter then drove me to the Island. He looks good, and is feeling much better.  

Hopefully he will be discharged and feel a lot better .

• Thanks 1