Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was in my current rehab place 6 years ago when I had femur bone surgery.  It's advertised as a "boutique" rehab place.  It looks a lot less medical than other rehab places I visited when friends were there. Hallway floors are carpeted, works of art on the walls, really nice public rooms where unfortunately due to covid only residents can enjoy.  Family members can only visit in patients rooms.  I have a corner room with a huge L shaped window, a couch, 2 nice upholstered arm chairs, wood dresser and a full double door closet.  Beautiful landscaped courtyard which nobody uses in this current 100 degree weather.   It's usually hard to get in but my previous stay and volunteer work got me in.  It isn't home but they make it comfortable.

So far I'm here 3 weeks and no word of discharge.  I have no idea how much my insurance will cover.

Thank you for the good thoughts.  Unfortunately, I have 8 more weeks of no weight bearing on my right leg.  They'll discharge me when I can take care of myself at home/or when my insurance runs out. Although Jack will be a big help, I need to be as independent as I can.  When I can finally put my right foot down, I'll need more physical therapy to walk correctly again.

Pain comes and goes.  No "happy pills" in over 24 hours.  Yea!

You’re doing a great job of not letting it get you down. I spent 3 weeks in the River Garden Hebrew Home for the Aged, which has a well earned stellar reputation. I wanted to go home, but knew I was in the best place for me. 
And I was the shiksa (sp?) who stayed an extra night for the brisket and chopped liver dinner. 
I hope the healing goes well and time goes by pretty fast. You could spend days just reading on CC!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations Lenny to your youngest granddaughter for her graduation today.

I hope you all have a wonderful meal and time together tonight.

Graham.

Thanks very much,Graham.It felt good to be outside,in a restaurant and with people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Your granddaughter is adorable, Mimi!

So are her husband and boys!

She’s great at giving them all kinds of experiences and takes plenty of photos. 
Not axe throwing, though!

Colton was touring his dad’s firehouse, and Ledger was dressed for Pirate’s Day at preschool. 

4BF0140C-466D-457D-AEA8-92244BDE1F83.jpeg

EBCA4BCB-7A3A-45B7-841A-25CB84780BB8.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 24

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have a corner room with a huge L shaped window, a couch, 2 nice upholstered arm chairs, wood dresser and a full double door closet.  Beautiful landscaped courtyard which nobody uses in this current 100 degree weather.   It's usually hard to get in but my previous stay and volunteer work got me in.  It isn't home but they make it comfortable.

Can you bid up on an upgraded room with wet bar? 😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

58 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

We’re back on “solid ground” as of this very early morning. Had to “burn” some hours until our room was ready. Barcelona.

We we’re supposed to get “free Wi-Fi” as one of the “perks”, but it turned out that the “free” only allows u to check emails and send WhatsApps. 

We have to spend another 2 days here, courtesy of a cancelled flight, and back home I’ll try to catch up.

We had the pleasure to meet with Sue “uk” and Gary, her DH, and had some interesting and enjoyable talks.

(((((( )))))

Welcome back to the World Wide Web.

Looking forward to your cruise review and pictures when you get back home.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So are her husband and boys!

She’s great at giving them all kinds of experiences and takes plenty of photos. 
Not axe throwing, though!

Colton was touring his dad’s firehouse, and Ledger was dressed for Pirate’s Day at preschool. 

4BF0140C-466D-457D-AEA8-92244BDE1F83.jpeg

EBCA4BCB-7A3A-45B7-841A-25CB84780BB8.jpeg

Beautiful!

• Thanks 1

UK rail strike is starting to impact on daughter’s trip.  She had to uber to Gatwick two days ago and she was annoyed about that because their Airbnb is very convenient for the tube.  Currently stuck at Gatwick with no Ubers or  taxis arriving and they are in a queue of 100 waiting for one….

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes.  Good memory!!  Sean has blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.  I hope he's working when you go!  I've known Sean since the day he was born!  Good guy, that Sean is!  Enjoy your Happy Hour.

We didn't make it to happy hour at Terrace Tavern.     We ended up going to dinner at Mud City crabhouse and now having drinks (mojitos) on our deck with 2 of our neighbors.    Going to try to get to Terrace Tavern tomorrow night.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

After learning about bees yesterday, why not move on to geese and fish today?

Today’s adventure took us to the Linesville Spillway.  Picked up 15 loaves of bread to feed the wildlife, and it is encouraged here. 

B6B38C9F-214F-44A5-ABB7-341B3EE29FC1.thumb.jpeg.1f45431046d91818d881e32e8b7bd0d2.jpeg

Lots of geese

4AAF5D1F-E0EA-436B-9C35-4699262316C1.thumb.jpeg.99f93a41f1010f6eae8ef21260f13547.jpeg

And lots of fish 

23D07C74-9E33-49CD-8AA1-BF5C1DB41DFF.thumb.jpeg.2cd8a345fa6bf45dc274cb18f636e4d4.jpeg

Susan says she has nightmares about falling into this mass of fish

7917AAFF-62B1-4CED-9DFF-A1809E9B350B.thumb.gif.ee68a088509df0b12a73897ca694f9cd.gif

We moved on to the fish hatchery, but there isn’t much to see this time of the year. 

64FDFA36-7136-4351-A90A-EF3914D7DE1A.thumb.jpeg.6a2c7778b47556a85da152aab435bfe0.jpeg

49E9B7D1-A14A-42DF-98F5-4B05A273A0EB.thumb.jpeg.571917536e631adfc2693863d5a91691.jpeg

I did spot a nice Lilly pad 

9F9B3D0E-A135-417B-AE56-A0F2EAC337DF.thumb.jpeg.903cc5c8c62017b690c9f565ba01a022.jpeg

Then it was off to the Safari Bar in Meadville.  The kids gave me their best frightened looks as they posed in front of the polar bear. 

45F19D0C-37B3-4F70-92E3-0B4EFF08AC54.thumb.jpeg.0d782a1bc188ba85ecf35208eeffbee6.jpeg

What a great outing. 

If you ever need help with the crew let me know.  
You do so many fun adventures. 

take care. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey Below Deck Med fans. The new season 7 starts on July 11th and features a new yacht for Captain Sandy. If you are interested in getting a peak here is a good article. She looks like a real beauty.

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/news/home-yacht-below-deck-mediterranean-season-7?fbclid=IwAR0nj4p3MfUA-o_SuV4LOHzX7eERsFbryul_4xZSdqY1LtwKSOcr--4zC4Y

That is one gorgeous yacht!    I'm excited to watch this upcoming season.    I have recorded the last 2 episodes of BD Sailing and will watch next week when we are back home.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is one gorgeous yacht!    I'm excited to watch this upcoming season.    I have recorded the last 2 episodes of BD Sailing and will watch next week when we are back home.   

I'm looking forward to seeing the boat too.

• Like 2