Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Fifty years ago today, the first episode of M*A*S*H was broadcast.  I have always been a fan, and still watch reruns at least once or twice a week.

There was some talk about “most watched”, but if you are talking strictly about the US audience, the Super Bowl holds that title.  Nine out of the top ten have been various Super Bowls, with the M*A*S*H finale in the remaking spot.

36557294-3E30-4FC2-B377-FF8DCB2698F5.thumb.jpeg.5d6b826a16f3af3daf2ecd2edc12d13b.jpeg

I can recall every single M*A*S*H episode in my sleep.  You can view the last episode on you tube. Such a wonderful blend of humor and compassion. The last episode shown on TV was "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.  The last show actually filmed was The Time Capsule.  I had the pleasure of speaking with Loretta Swit (hot lips) on the  phone when she appeared at a trade show where Jack was exhibiting.  Jack saw her, called me and asked her if she could say a few words to me.  She was kind, gracious and said the cast was truly a family.  However, before she took the phone from Jack, she asked "who the he!! (Ls) are you?  🤣

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no!  My new luggage hasn't met the airlines yet.  After a cruise several years ago, my biggest piece of soft side luggage had the wheels break in me.  Too much weight, or luggage was getting too old?  It had served me wella

Arzeena, I've been doing the same for years.i use the large ziplock bags..I put outfits together in them and just put in the drawers.  I also use some packing bags Great organization!  Jim, on the other hand..  ..

We pack our own bags.  I also make lists.. Jim, not so much.  Years ago, he didn't pack enough briefs.😐

I've learned that rolling knit like material and placing plastic between folded articles of clothing cuts down on wrinkles, plus I always pack a can of Wrinkle Guard and Tide "pen" to remove stains.  My most important item is my comfy down pillow.  It goes with me wherever I sleep.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I do take issue of the Super Bowl being most watched as 75%*  of the people "watching" just happen to be at a Super Bowl party/bar/etc with the TV on in the background. They may glance at the TV to catch a commercial making Super Bowl commercials the most watched TV event. No wonder advertisers pay top dollar for 30 seconds of TV time. 😁

* based solely on my experience of attending SB parties and I'm a proud member of the 75%. 😄

I'm with you, GBE!  Always good eating!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ocean Boy and all my Kraken Kids, This one is for you!!!

D179A8D1-1A1E-4997-81B0-652AA10530B7.thumb.jpeg.cbcd261c8b2918eeefbb5c1b957981b4.jpeg

Have the best time, Greg!  Bon Voyage!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Atlantic City.  I am up $600 courtesy of my favorite machine.  We shall see how long it lasts🤪

Keep up the good work, Marietta!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

🤣

I've learned that rolling knit like material and placing plastic between folded articles of clothing cuts down on wrinkles, plus I always pack a can of Wrinkle Guard and Tide "pen" to remove stains.  My most important item is my comfy down pillow.  It goes with me wherever I sleep.

I may be a little nuts when it comes to packing, but I fold every top and wrap each one in tissue paper before putting them in the large ziplock bags .

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I always give Pauline my grilled tomatoes as she loves them.

You are a gentleman, Graham!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today was split up day.  Our cheerleading granddaughter was off to an away game this morning, so Susan and my daughter went there. 

My grandson had his first flag football game of the season here, so that is where I went.   His team is a mix of fourth thru Eighth grade students.  Grandson played well at QB, and had three touchdown passes.  

In spite of their team being named after the Jets, they played much better than their namesakes. 

Mapping the play. 

3CEF3DD6-22E0-466F-A9EA-F4AD90133CEB.thumb.jpeg.9f4170afdfb5a03c55987e6a63669698.jpeg

Hike the ball

57D1D7AF-4B23-44C9-BD5F-98DB98FA2B13.thumb.jpeg.9fffda036840127e3dd3b2fb3ea55a80.jpeg

They won, 28-14

That must be today’s lucky number.  Granddaughter’s team, she was cheering, won 28-14 too. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 18

On 9/15/2022 at 4:59 AM, Coralc said:

But your Possums are so much cuter than ours! Ours are like giant rats. (not cute) Beneficial, but not as adorable as your Australian version. 

The teeth on our possums are absolutely nightmarish to me. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They won't use them on you. They are not aggressive creatures.

Until they get big it doesn't hurt if they bite.  They have a lot of teeth but not much pressure.  Squirrels on the other hand hurt like the dickens.

• Like 6

On 9/15/2022 at 4:53 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

I’ve reached that age - I now take a photo of where I park my car on multi-level car parksD0EA11F5-47C0-46F7-8BC7-244E6CFB9F35.thumb.jpeg.598b14a76e09034022d8dede7d586e53.jpeg

That wouldn’t help Dick. 
we spent the night in a local hotel July 4 for my birthday dinner and fireworks. 
I was given a huge gift basket, so the next morning he took that down to the parking garage under the hotel and came back up to get he and our overnight bags. 
He was gone a long time. When he finally showed up again he asked if I knew there were two identical garages. One riverfront and the other city side. 
I and we have gone to many weddings, parties, dinners, and, for be, seminars, in the hotel for more than 40 years. 
Always parked in THE parking garage on the riverfront. 

He turned the wrong way coming off the elevator and walked into the parking garage to where our car was…and it wasn’t there. He spent half an hour walking up snd down the rows carrying the enormous gift basket, sure the car was there, he just wasn’t seeing it. 
He finally went to the front desk to report our car stolen. The clerk asked if he left it in the riverfront garage or the city side. 
The light dawned. We had never ever noticed there was another garage. 

When he told me all this, I asked if he didn’t notice we could always see the river when we parked. No, he didn’t.  
It will make a good Thanksgiving dinner tale before I tell everybody about his superhero stint. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:18 AM, sgmn said:

No, no plans. We've having an extended 'family meet Theo' at ours at the weekend and I have to get ready for that.

Quite honestly we can see better at home on the TV. 

It is tempting though

We're now in the lull all families have (and we all feel part of the nations family at mo) between death and funeral. 

Monday has been declared a Bank Holiday and most shops are venues are closing down. 

We will probably be glued to the TV on Monday 

Coverage starts at 5:30am here on the US  East Coast. I’ll be watching. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

That wouldn’t help Dick. 
we spent the night in a local hotel July 4 for my birthday dinner and fireworks. 
I was given a huge gift basket, so the next morning he took that down to the parking garage under the hotel and came back up to get he and our overnight bags. 
He was gone a long time. When he finally showed up again he asked if I knew there were two identical garages. One riverfront and the other city side. 
I and we have gone to many weddings, parties, dinners, and, for be, seminars, in the hotel for more than 40 years. 
Always parked in THE parking garage on the riverfront. 

He turned the wrong way coming off the elevator and walked into the parking garage to where our car was…and it wasn’t there. He spent half an hour walking up snd down the rows carrying the enormous gift basket, sure the car was there, he just wasn’t seeing it. 
He finally went to the front desk to report our car stolen. The clerk asked if he left it in the riverfront garage or the city side. 
The light dawned. We had never ever noticed there was another garage. 

When he told me all this, I asked if he didn’t notice we could always see the river when we parked. No, he didn’t.  
It will make a good Thanksgiving dinner tale before I tell everybody about his superhero stint. 

Oh my goodness, poor Dick.  He must have so confused and exhausted especially with that basket!  He’ll never live that one down 😂

• Like 2