Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I saw Celebrity Beyond on New York Harbor webcam.  I just might have to ride over to Bayonne and look at it! 

We sail on Beyond in 34 days on Caribbean cruise from Ft Lauderdale 😁😁, booked a sky suite with a very very weak move up bid for penthouse.

• Like 4

I think everyone has been “looking” at Icon, but how many will book. It has a few new things I would not mind experiencing, but then I think……

Max capacity 1,000 more than Oasis Class, and not much bigger.  I already think Oasis class is too crowded when it sails full.  

Maybe I will book it during the next pandemic when it sails 1/4 full.  Until then, the older ships will be good enough for me. 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Perugia, and the surrounding area, is beautiful.

We rented a house in Cortona, and toured the surrounding cities every day -- Perugia, Arezzo, Montepulciano, Siena, Castiglione del Lago and... Firenze. It was of the best land tours we've done.

Italy is so beautiful.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you try booking with 3 or 4 people?  Maybe they don't want to initially release these cabins for just 2 people.

Thought that might be true, tried that to but no emblem  or * on the deck plans.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I always try to stay off the Royal web site, It isn't very user friendly. No deck plan for Icon. maybe by next year this time they might have it added.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/deck-plans

Seriously Jim, why would I lie about deck plans for Icon being on the Royal Caribbean website?  Of course they are there.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/icon-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2250/14

• Like 9

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Seriously Jim, why would I lie about deck plans for Icon being on the Royal Caribbean website?  Of course they are there.

Was just coming here to add the link, not straightforward to get to but not hard either.

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Was just coming here to add the link, not straightforward to get to but not hard either.

I just kept scrolling to see all the Icon information and there was a big icon on the bottom that said deck plans.  I put the above link because it has the deck he is looking for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Didn't say you were , I guess it just wasn't where I thought it would be.....That is why I said the web site isn't very user friendly.

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just kept scrolling to see all the Icon information and there was a big icon on the bottom that said deck plans.  I put the above link because it has the deck he is looking for.

Well the deck plans are a misprint then, because there is no way Royal would sell Cabin #14300 and Cabin #14356 for the SAME EXACT price. Look at the balcony sizes. Nada, not going to happen.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Royal..................Icon

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

The C5 balconies 

Just being a [very] curious person, I've tried to find a D4 [for 2 adults] on deck 14 for Jim here... Plenty of them, but on the sides. Not aft.

Then I've continued my simulation and looked at C5 and managed to "snag" one for 3... but only on deck 12 - #12756. April 13rd, 2024.

My conclusion -- D4 are offered only for 2, and for many many months, right now, no afts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just being a [very] curious person, I've tried to find a D4 [for 2 adults] on deck 14 for Jim here... Plenty of them, but on the sides. Not aft.

Then I've continued my simulation and looked at C5 and managed to "snag" one for 3... but only on deck 12 - #12756. April 13rd, 2024.

My conclusion -- D4 are offered only for 2, and for many many months, right now, no afts.

I did that earlier when he first posted and could not get a aft facing deck 14 cabin for any of the sailings I was looking at either for 2, 3 or 4 people.  TA's could have grabbed those or they haven't been released.  I am done helping though, he needs a patient TA and I am neither a TA or patient at this point. 🙄

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would suggest you try using a travel agent.

I have an email out to my travel agent but I like to be more prepared before getting her involved.

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So my assumption is probably right, those aft cabins facing the wake are really C5's Larger Balcony Oceanview cabins.

Probably right again all the travel agents sucked them all up on every single deck 14  cabin facing the wake on every sailing and are holding them.

Almost feels like they aren't allowing any bookings on deck 14 right now, Could that be the issue?

Edited by Jimbo

Just got back from my doctors office who took new X-rays on my left shoulder. He confirmed what the ER doc said. Separated shoulder (joint type 3 injury) and hairline fracture of the tip of the clavicle. He said it will heal on it's on, no surgery and that I don't need to wear the sling unless I want to for comfort.

The cause, it wasn't not taking my blood pressure meds though he reminded me to always take my meds. But was caused by Micturition syncope which is most common in older men and usually when getting up at night from a deep sleep. The exact cause of micturition syncope isn't fully understood. But it may be related to a fall in blood pressure when you get up suddenly and stand at the toilet. My doc said the fact that I was dehydrated didn't help matters. He also said I had virtually nothing as far as blood/alcohol content so the two cocktails did not cause anything.

Bottom line, I'm getting older and things like this can happen. He said being careful won't guarantee it won't happen again. Main thing is if I start to fell lightheaded sit immediately on the floor.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got back from my doctors office who took new X-rays on my left shoulder. He confirmed what the ER doc said. Separated shoulder (joint type 3 injury) and hairline fracture of the tip of the clavicle. He said it will heal on it's on, no surgery and that I don't need to wear the sling unless I want to for comfort.

The cause, it wasn't not taking my blood pressure meds though he reminded me to always take my meds. But was caused by Micturition syncope which is most common in older men and usually when getting up at night from a deep sleep. The exact cause of micturition syncope isn't fully understood. But it may be related to a fall in blood pressure when you get up suddenly and stand at the toilet. My doc said the fact that I was dehydrated didn't help matters. He also said I had virtually nothing as far as blood/alcohol content so the two cocktails did not cause anything.

Bottom line, I'm getting older and things like this can happen. He said being careful won't guarantee it won't happen again. Main thing is if I start to fell lightheaded sit immediately on the floor.

A few years ago I was getting coughing fits , after a minute or so I would then pass out , so I learned to get in a comfortable chair when it started, wife made me go to hospital after doing tests for over a day they couldn’t find out what it was, eventually it went away , growing old sucks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad to hear your report is favorable Greg!  Everyone should take that advice about feeling dizzy/lightheaded.  Let the healing begin!

• Like 5