Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello Friends I’m back! Thank you to everyone who took the the time to read and comment on my Live Thread. I wasn’t able to check in here on my cruise. I left this tab open on my browser on my phone. Turns out I’m 58 pages behind. I hope I can get caught up but forgive me if I’ve missed anything.

Welcome back,Greg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

And he was a St. Louis product................both NY teams were a total failure.  Neither team had any heart. They both were a product of their managers. Hopefully both will be gone before the season starts next year.

I have heard that the Yankees GM is very fond of Boone so he may still be the Manager.When the Mets hired Showalter I did not like the idea but in my opinion he has been a very good Manager .I have been watching the Mets since 1962 The only Managers that I believe were better were Hodges,Johnson and Valentine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't make sense though because those balconies pictures are larger then the normal balcony and they usually charge more for those cabins. I still can't seem to find any of those cabins showing as available to book.  Looking at March 2025, The itinerary with 4 ports.

Read the deck plans, the deck 14 aft facing balconies say they are 50 sq ft.  The C5 balconies that you say they are, have balconies that are 65 to 70 sq ft.  Are you seeing different deck plans somewhere?  I am not sure I would want one of those deck 14 cabins anyway with the flowrider two decks above on one side and public spaces above them  I would expect them to be very noisy.  You also can't say what they usually charge for these cabins as these are the first of these cabins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I think Judge's value may have dropped a bit. The last couple of years, his post season performance has not matched his regular performance.  As much as he's the face of the Yankees,  unless he's going to give the home team a discount, the money could be better spent elsewhere.

What can I say? Go Phillies!

I can't say I'm surprised by the Yankees, they've been a .500 team since mid-July.  Too many injuries to the bullpen and lead-off guys left them thin both offensively and pitching.  I agree, some players seemed to lack heart, whining about how Houston "got lucky" on a few key hits. No, at least 2 of the games swung in Houston's favor when they capitalized on mistakes made by the Yankees including last nights go head run.

And Boone needs to go. He's too soft on the players and too eager to pull a pitcher at the first hint of trouble. The only thing that does surprise me is the sweep, I thought they would be able to win at least 2 games at home.

I was surprised at the sweep too.I think that most sports writers picked the series to go 6 or 7 .

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Read the deck plans, the deck 14 aft facing balconies say they are 50 sq ft.  The C5 balconies that you say they are, have balconies that are 65 to 70 sq ft.  Are you seeing different deck plans somewhere?  I am not sure I would want one of those deck 14 cabins anyway with the flowrider two decks above on one side and public spaces above them  I would expect them to be very noisy.  You also can't say what they usually charge for these cabins as these are the first of these cabins.

Pretty sure those balconies on the end of deck 14 facing the wake  are deeper then 5ft...............cabin 10 ft wide, for 50 sq.ft.........if what you are saying is true, then what is the size of a balcony in a regular balcony of the side of the ship?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Where is that link to the cabin deck plans you are looking at?

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Although I should add,  Judge 62 HR and probable season MVP, it's not easy to see him walk away.  He is one of the reasons that Yankees made it to the post season.  If he really wants to see the Yankees get to the next level, forgo some potential salary & let the money be spent on pitching. The old adage is sill true: Good pitching beats good hitting.  Teams rarely bash their way to a World Series title 

My thinking is that he may want to play for the team that he rooted for growing up,the Giants.He has often said that he was a huge fan of Barry Bonds.I know that a lot of fans would like to see him on the Mets but I do not think it is likely.

• Like 2

Not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but I think the Icon is probably the ugliest looking ship I've ever seen. All that stuff sticking up on the top decks. Just...way too busy. I didn't even like taking pictures of the Adventure we were just on if the water slides showed up in the pic. It's like RCL wanted to bring a piece of Cococay onboard a ship. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So...from what I gathered on this thread - which is hard to keep up with- you were refused embarkation due to covid...for the Cities of Antiquities cruise? And so instead are doing a DIY driving adventure? Will you at any point join the cruise?  Did you book a hotel somewhere and wait it out till testing negative before resuming travel plans?  

Your pics remind me so much of a few places we visited during the chairman's cruise:  Perugia, Orvieto and Spoleto area - not all that far from where you've been traveling. Assisi is well worth a stop also. Absolutely lovely area. We had never been there before. Tuscany is one of the pre-cruise extensions for the Antiquities cruise. 

Sorry for the two empty (edited) posts. It seemed like my submission wasn't going through at first but then saw that 3 of the exact same replies showed up! 

Perugia, and the surrounding area, is beautiful. I spent three months one summer living in Perugia. We would go over to Assisi sometimes for dinner to an outdoor restaurant called Il Giardino. It was outdoors on the side of a cliff. All the food was cooked in open fires. It was a great summer.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lucky nanna, how is Jim doing? 

He's doing well, Arzeena, he's just pretty tired.  He'll do a little something, and then lie down.  I keep telling him, it's only been two weeks or so...thank you so much for asking!

Aren't you planning on cruising soon?

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We made it home last night. Flights seem to be getting better.  We are visiting Finnley right now.  Kensie's gang is coming over this afternoon.   We were missing the kids.

20221024_093832.thumb.jpg.41dcfc2aff9d581ca438862ab53010a7.jpg

Finnley is getting so big!  She is so precious!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I spent three months one summer living in Perugia.

Wow...awesome! I'll bet that was a great summer. We loved it there. We did Viking's pre-cruise extension in Umbria before the ship sailed out of Rome enroute to Sicily, Malta, Sardinia, and Majorca before ending in Barcelona. It was a tremendous gesture to offer the trip on the part of Viking as partial compensation for what happened to our sailing on the Sky back in March '19. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't make sense though because those balconies pictures are larger then the normal balcony and they usually charge more for those cabins. I still can't seem to find any of those cabins showing as available to book.  Looking at March 2025, The itinerary with 4 ports.

Did you try booking with 3 or 4 people?  Maybe they don't want to initially release these cabins for just 2 people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It reminds me... we're traveling with our BFF, and the guy is an "vanilla-only" gelato type... Since it's quite a classic flavor [not to say a banal one 😉], not many gelato "boutiques" were carrying it...

DH was driving, and I've got to tell you ... not very happy that we have to check every gelato in our way for the vanilla flavor....

My favorite gelato is coconut!!  Yum!

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Keep the pictures coming. I never tire of traveling vicariously thru others.

+1

51 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Northern Italian style stuffed peppers.  Meatballs to follow.DA7597B2-DA1C-4556-8B21-E5B218F988A0.thumb.jpeg.45185b1fd997c3045db44385d8f85a6d.jpeg

Marietta, is that spinach or broccoli rabe in the stuffing?  (I love both, btw)

• Like 2