Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Arzeena  I didn't know that you can just go into the DL and help yourself to bottled water!  We are newbies with our new status, and since our friends who traveled with us are not yet Diamond, we didn't go into DL, other than to look around.   Thanks for the tip!!

Have you got a moving date set up yet?

Well, cannot help oneself, because I have never seen them out, but during happy hour or D hours you can ask for bottled waters in diamond lounge. Also can get from bars.

Yes, we have planned before memorial day weekend starts, to avoid the traffic shenanigans.

• Like 2

Our kitchen remodel is almost done , only a couple of weeks after it was supposed to be done . Will post before and after pictures when totally finished. Will leave for New York City three weeks from tomorrow, will make some restaurant reservations later today hopefully, seeing Neil Diamond play Beautiful Noise on first night , getting together with friends of more than 60 years on Saturday, will see a play on Sunday then a nightclub show at 54 below . Monday with brother and other family . Then fly to Buffalo area for three days with wife’s friends and family along with plenty of Buffalo wings and beef on wick . We are staying at our favorite hotel in nyc the michealanglo and booked their largest suite 800 sq feet which will be good to meet everyone. 

• Like 16

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’re hoping for something like this while in Australia so will being doing research on that too.  While on a Viking River cruise we went to the Vienna Opera. It was a lovely evening we’ll never forget.  We’d love to fit something in at the Sydney Opera house.  

Vienna Opera would have indeed been amazing.  Definitely do see a performance at the Sydney Opera House.  

Depending on the month you are here, there is also the option of Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour.  The outdoor stage is set up on the harbour front of the Sydney Botanic Gardens and the you see the illuminated Sydney Harbour Bridge & Opera House directly behind the stage as you watch the Opera. 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

I replaced both of my toilets with new taller toilets. I havent been sorry. I have long legs. 

Consider some new toilets?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Our kitchen remodel is almost done , only a couple of weeks after it was supposed to be done . Will post before and after pictures when totally finished. Will leave for New York City three weeks from tomorrow, will make some restaurant reservations later today hopefully, seeing Neil Diamond play Beautiful Noise on first night , getting together with friends of more than 60 years on Saturday, will see a play on Sunday then a nightclub show at 54 below . Monday with brother and other family . Then fly to Buffalo area for three days with wife’s friends and family along with plenty of Buffalo wings and beef on wick . We are staying at our favorite hotel in nyc the michealanglo and booked their largest suite 800 sq feet which will be good to meet everyone. 

What a fabulous trip you have planned.  Love Neil Diamond.  Look forward to your kitchen photos and later any NYC photos if you care to share.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a fabulous trip you have planned.  Love Neil Diamond.  Look forward to your kitchen photos and later any NYC photos if you care to share.

I really like Neil Diamond's music too. I am not so sure I like the way his performance "style" and way of singing evolved over the years. He became more of a showman than staying true to his roots.... in my opinion of course.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like Neil Diamond's music too. I am not so sure I like the way his performance "style" and way of singing evolved over the years. He became more of a showman than staying true to his roots.... in my opinion of course.

Agree some of his shows in 1980’s were a little corny doing way to many choruses of forever in blue jeans, the last show we saw several years before he retired was excellent, liked some of his later albums also. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

We have one of those, Jim keeps trying different things, it holds for a few weeks then back to the intermittent "flush".  I keep saying time fir a plumber or new toilet, he isn't ready to give in yet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yet again I've had to skip a load of posts to catch up. Hope all are well and all those on cruises, enjoy.

Hope you had a good flight home Dani @dani negreanu and enjoyed Madrid. 

We've got extra children care duties this week as Isaac has a cold/bad wheeze and has to skip nursery.

We have a busy Corination weekend coming up. Watching the celebrations on TV with extended family on Saturday. On Sunday there's a street party in our street but we've been invited to afternoon tea with family in London. And on Monday which is a Bank Holiday we've got eldest son and family coming over for the day 

I bet the traffic and public transportation will be crazy to get in and out of London this weekend.     I hope the little one feels better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love Neil Diamond but he did go a little sideways as he got older.  Years ago he had a TV special on and I told my much younger brother-in-law to watch as Neil is so good.  Well, all he did was scream through most of the songs and my brother-in-law couldn’t understand why I liked him so much.  I still enjoy all his songs though!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Well, cannot help oneself, because I have never seen them out, but during happy hour or D hours you can ask for bottled waters in diamond lounge. Also can get from bars.

Yes, we have planned before memorial day weekend starts, to avoid the traffic shenanigans.

I certainly misunderstood your comment about the bottled water in the Diamond Lounge, Arzeena!🙅‍♀️ LOL!

With the way time has been going by so quickly, you'll be on your way to your new Florida home before you know it!  Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@A&L_Ont please share the stain removal recipe.  Cricket whites in summer & soccer uniform in winter was white too 🙄

Lisa shared it with me.

Mix 2 parts hydrogen peroxide with one part Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle, preferably in a dark spray bottle so the peroxide doesn’t break down. We do that and keep in under the sink out of the light. 

We first rinse the pants in cold water, to remove loose dirt.  Then spray the stains and use a soft bristle brush on the stains to lift the stains. Then place them in a bucket/pail (no extra water needed) overnight.  We then put them in the wash the next morning without rinsing and with a small amount of detergent in cold water. Stains usually are gone…if not repeat the steps on the spots needed and wash again.

Hope it helps. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have found that products from Fluidmaster have always solved my toilet issues.

Toilet Parts & Repair | How To Fix a Toilet | Fluidmaster

• Like 1

Day 3

Sunrise.  This is our 2nd day in Lahaina, Maui.  

209423E8-C2E2-4795-955B-8C0BD4209613.thumb.jpeg.3ce70f16963fb57d33bffbc29d8a2611.jpeg

I decided to walk until I reach the beach

2BA99B47-21FD-48AF-B43C-E2D2BDAB0FE8.thumb.jpeg.db3330b44df80f44307f02fced55536a.jpeg

72579913-A602-404F-9B02-97F1E082583E.thumb.jpeg.bf28b03328332660cbdba695a1033878.jpeg

443C4C5A-5C23-465A-974A-D41CEA77A008.thumb.jpeg.aa02f3037afccd795b1ec9d94c114d85.jpeg

Along the way, there was a Lahaina Christmas Store.  This one is for you, Greg, @Sea Dog.  

D5E92A9A-5FD0-4452-9561-E1FE2A324651.thumb.jpeg.d97b32cfe72ea456797d1a8c44023727.jpeg

45BC1425-E72E-41D6-95B7-6592D4A206BF.thumb.jpeg.ab2d8de39cb8775ae17c0c4c3fa81427.jpeg

0F3A41CA-7FFB-4F41-BCFF-19EDE78BB5D1.thumb.jpeg.c3f87e967aa0ba6289e2d831e3bc13cd.jpeg

All kinds of Hawaiian themed Christmas ornaments

5840AC32-6467-4D98-9864-09DBA2394023.thumb.jpeg.2ea53630fe1cd8fd847ee150d769f4e4.jpeg

Pineapple ornaments.  All hanging upright

CC241972-2DFD-4BAC-85A4-73FFF327708F.thumb.jpeg.d74afe5111c4daaa3c6f8247d8a26753.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Gosh, I feel

like I am on a Hawaiian Cruise even whilst sitting in my office.  Just loving all the photos.  At the risk of asking a very stupid question is that fresh pineapples for sale on the shelves?

Yes, those are fresh pineapples you can buy.  Maui Gold Pineapples- the last pineapple plantation on Maui. These ones are 2nd generation of a pineapple plant, that is why they are smaller.  $6 each or 2 for $10.  Supposed to be real sweet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2