Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

So nice! I love high tea! I see scones and clotted cream...yummmm! The finger sandwiches look delishhhhhhhhhhh.
Every time I go to Bermuda I try to get to the High Tea in St George but lately they have been charging an arm and a leg, so I am not patronizing that establishment.

One of our favourite Afternoon teas was at the Ritz hotel London 9 years ago when we stayed 3 nights for our wedding anniversary.

IMG_20210104_192959.jpg

• Like 27

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

One of our favourite Afternoon teas was at the Ritz hotel London 9 years ago when we stayed 3 nights for our wedding anniversary.

IMG_20210104_192959.jpg

You both look adorable! I am honored to know you and about you, even if it is virtually and hope we all meet someday in person.

May you have many many more happy anniversaries!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We made it home to find we our blessed with the best garden start that I remember!  My DD compared pics she took just last Saturday and most of the plants doubled in size. A few of the tomato plants are already 4 ft tall and several blooms!

1st row Brussel sprouts,  2nd broccoli. 

20230513_152524.thumb.jpg.8e19e17e14c9dcfedbd12feab8473944.jpg

Kohlrabi 

20230513_152627.thumb.jpg.972d6e574b47f1e85e62f02766fa27c4.jpg

Tomatoes with flowers already!

20230513_152801.thumb.jpg.38cf5461f894f5a2dbfda85049862953.jpg

Pole beans and cucumbers. 

20230513_152544.thumb.jpg.a5e6c2fd0ceb97a2a1fcaaa3e03fca75.jpg

Three different types of peppers. I few tomatoes. 

20230513_152826.thumb.jpg.8608ea7bdf3d1a3ffaccfb60dd413feb.jpg

Watermelon 

20230513_152837.thumb.jpg.fc9f03dd6a28b3a5466a1090275a05b0.jpg

Peas and cucumbers 

20230513_152846.thumb.jpg.152323b58ac35461f584c3d4c7fe18d6.jpg

Zucchini 

20230513_152857.thumb.jpg.33ed0d96f0e660cfd5134ad7d1fc7d24.jpg

Marigolds popping up.

20230513_152937.thumb.jpg.74e4555c50e71ac069879b8470f37767.jpg

and lettuce cut last week already coming back.

20230513_152913.thumb.jpg.4d3cd728add3916ded3b2a9f0b5bc942.jpg

After an hour and half I was able to tie up 3 rows of tomatoes. 5 to go!  I am so thankful to see such a good start!

Wow!  Your garden really took off!  Nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It seems we have a cease fire, even though rockets were fired after the official time....

I hope to be back tomorrow with the "regular" program, just wanted to congratulate Jennifer @jmh2006 on her birthday with my heartfelt wishes 🌹

and Warren @Que Sera Sera for being such a compassionate human being. Hugs to the cutie 😘

Thank you for thinking of me Dani!  This year I get the two for one celebration, lol.  I was actually born on Mother's Day 1961! 🙂

• Like 7

Our first cruise was on the Summit from Bayonne.  Seven days to Bermuda, got us hooked on cruising and Bermuda!  
Liberty is my daughter’s favorite ship, just the right size she said.  We did five days on Liberty to Bermuda, definitely too short.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Looks lovely as do you @aussielozzie18

+1 @aussielozzie18  I love clotted cream with the scones and just "a touch" of jam.  Finger sandwiches are pretty awesome, also!  

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

You are a wonderful Dad, Mark! God bless you.

+1 @h20skibum I second that, Mark!  Your daughter is one lucky lady!😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

You both look adorable! I am honored to know you and about you, even if it is virtually and hope we all meet someday in person.

May you have many many more happy anniversaries!

Thank you so much Arzeena for your lovely words and we are honoured to know you too.

Our best wishes are with you always.

G&P xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:42 AM, brillohead said:

I'm always amazed at how different families can be.  

In my case, I haven't seen or spoken with the mother who raised me (adopted) for 21 years.  She disowned me because I put my sick dog to sleep "without her permission".  I did talk to my father two years ago on the phone while he was in a nursing home for rehab after pneumonia (he never wanted the estrangement and was unable to take a stand against my mother), so I was at peace with that relationship when he passed away last year. 

My "surrogate parents" have four biological children that they're not estranged from, but that they can't really depend upon -- that's why they have made me their patient advocate when they're hospitalized / unable to make their own decisions and I'm also the executor of their estate.

And there's my biological mother, who makes no attempt to talk to me at all.  When my half-brother was at her house last year she was going through some old papers and she asked him if he wanted my son's birth announcement and photo, because she was going to throw it away.  (My half-brother, on the other hand, makes a point to visit with me every time he's in town.)

And on the complete other side of the spectrum is my newfound father and his family.  He was raised in a blended family that put the Brady Bunch to shame with all of the various siblings and half-siblings and step-parents on both sides.... but they all love and accept and support everyone regardless of the blood/genetic status -- they don't consider them to be half-sisters and half-brothers in that family, they just have sisters and brothers.  The whole family has welcomed me with open arms, and I get a text or phone call from my birthfather at least five days a week, if not more.  And his sister and his brother message me every couple of weeks at least as well.  

So I've personally experienced a wide spectrum of family acceptance and involvement in all my various family situations... it really makes you wonder if there is such a thing as a "normal nuclear family" after all! 

Your bio mom and your adoptive mom don’t know the treasure they lost, but your newfound “real” family knows and values you. 
Thank you for sharing the journey with us. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20210104_192959.jpg

My favorite was at the Ritz in London as well...  It was a out 20th anniversary 10 years ago.

4-London(252).thumb.jpg.241969fc93d843fc559fff2c6e88bcd0.jpg

After that we went to the Globe theater for "Les Miserables".  It was the best of evenings.

IMAG0541.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Finally finished a project that has seemed to go on forever.  Now I can work on some sweaters I have been wanting to start.

Blockbuster.thumb.jpeg.d6b5918c7fa4549e051d4bf800a2e2eb.jpeg

If we ever meet IRL you better not wear that... DW will steal it right off your body.  I showed her the picture and her response was, "I need that"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not so sure how you pick everything in that garden with the place so close in such a confined area..........Those  2 Watermelon plants alone take up a lot of space if they grow right. 

Those pepper plants are super close together.

I think you might need a drone to go in there and pick the vegetables for you so not to damage the plants when picking. 😉

Everything looks good and green though ! You are off to a great start.

I understand your thinking on the Watermelon if you just let them grow unattended.   If you look closely you will see cattle panel next to them.  The Watermelon will grow vertically using Watermelon nets.

With the peppers I actually had 8 more plants in that bed last year.  They grew great! 

I have never had a problem growing plants closer than a seed packet recommends.  See MIgardener for great advice.   The plants need daily attention when growing close.  Once they get started you can't just check on them every week or two.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My favorite was at the Ritz in London as well...  It was a out 20th anniversary 10 years ago.

4-London(252).thumb.jpg.241969fc93d843fc559fff2c6e88bcd0.jpg

After that we went to the Globe theater for "Les Miserables".  It was the best of evenings.

What a lovely picture! May you celebrate many more!

• Like 4