Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oy, Susan is the 3rd person catching Covid in the last 2 days that I know of...

I thought that, finally, this "pest" is a thing of the past 😢

Hopefully, Susan got cut some slack, being a virgin and all 😉, and she's getting the milder version 🤞

I have not heard of any positives for some time.  A good reminder that we have to remain vigilant.  I especially worry about visiting my 94 yr old parents (now about 4 times a year and I have to fly there).  They have never been positive because neighbours have been so good with the support for shopping (and they still do, what great neighbours my parents have).  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh poor Susan.  Hope she gets better fast.

OK UPDATE from Columbia……They are pretty sure the pressure and heart rate problem are a part of transplant problems.  A good percentage of them get this but usually much earlier after the transplant.  Twenty years later is rare but Charlie never does anything normal😳. It has something to do with what gets done during the actual transplant operation.  Things get snipped etc.  they are hoping increasing meds will solve this🤞

Charlie’s in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for the great advice. The next 24 hours will be interesting. She has a great attitude. I hope she we be able to maintain it. After all having limited mobility gets old real fast.

Hand surgery recovery is so darned awkward. I swear my left arm is six inches shorter than my right, making most everything impossible after Dupuytrens surgery. 
I hope with your help Linda gets through it ok. 

• Like 4

On 7/14/2023 at 11:23 AM, BonTexasNY said:

"If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right minds".

BTW, I'm right handed. 😉🤣

So glad things are going well for Charlie and Linda.  Hope@jagsfan Mimi is ok.

Thanks, Bonnie. I’m recovering from our road trip, my cankles are diminishing, and my biggest problem is not being able to breathe. I look like a fish out of water trying to get air in. I just picked up Albuterol. That will help, but I hate it because of what it does to my heart!

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Hand surgery recovery is so darned awkward. I swear my left arm is six inches shorter than my right, making most everything impossible after Dupuytrens surgery. 
I hope with your help Linda gets through it ok. 

Thanks Mimi, So far she is doing pretty good.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@arzeena    We did it!    We have booked our first flights with Frontier out of Trenton Airport for one way to Tampa for our Sept repo cruise on Serenade.     Tickets were only $59 pp and we did their bundle pkg (the works) for luggage, priority boarding and their premium economy seats as Eric needs the extra leg room being 6'2".         

I keep hearing how easy it is to fly from Trenton airport, cannot believe we have never tried it especially since it is approx. 15 to 20 min. drive from our home.   

Shame they don't have any flights for our return from Boston so we booked first class with American airlines using our amex points.     First class was only $110 more than economy and FC includes our luggage so worked out well. 

We did book the Embassy Suites downtown Tampa for 2 nights pre-cruise (also used our amex points).   I like that they have the breakfast buffet and happy hour for 2 hours every evening.   Plus it is close to the cruise port, riverwalk and trolley stop.    

We plan on meeting up with good friends that retired and moved to clearwater area last Fall.  

When we lived in NJ, We took Frontier ONCE from Trenton. 

Once was 1 time to many for us.  First off they don't have any gangways to the planes. You have to walk out on the tarmac and use the stairs sets up to board the plane, plus the holding area before getting on the plane is super tiny. The it was supper crowded, people on top of each other.

There is a nice  Sky Lounge on the top floor to get away from some of those people down stairs, so do go up there if you have time before boarding your plane. Not that crowded up there

Be glad you are only using them one way, Our return flight was canceled and there was no one at the Airport in Florida at the Frontier desk to rebook us on another flight or on another Airline. Of course no planes going into Tiny Trenton Airport anyway. That was why no one was there to help ANYONE. Older people were there crying , because they had no idea what to do.

We had to get another flight on our own on our cell phones  on another airline and fly into Newark Airport.................then we had to get an Uber to take us from Newark(EWR) to Trenton to get our car. where it was parked at Trenton Airport.

It was a long day, a total mess !

Just have back up plans if need be. Frontier is know for canceling flights, they are definetly a low budget airline.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

To be fair Gary's doing all the driving.  He's perfectly comfortable driving on 'the wrong side'. 

I'm the (annoying) human reminder every time we change direction .

Sue, what is the soundtrack to your roadtrip and who gets to choose?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Has anyone stayed in an Ultra spaceous (sp)ocean view room on Oasis? My daughter might book one but not sure about how the room looks. Thanks 

We are about to stay in an “ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony” on Allure tomorrow. I can share pics afterward if you like. I imagine it would be similar on Oasis.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are about to stay in an “ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony” on Allure tomorrow. I can share pics afterward if you like. I imagine it would be similar on Oasis.

Bon Voyage.  Have a great cruise!🚢

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks would really appreciate it 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Have a great cruise. Hope you enjoy Mamma Mia!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

When we lived in NJ, We took Frontier ONCE from Trenton. 

Once was 1 time to many for us.  First off they don't have any gangways to the planes. You have to walk out on the tarmac and use the stairs sets up to board the plane, plus the holding area before getting on the plane is super tiny. The it was supper crowded, people on top of each other.

There is a nice  Sky Lounge on the top floor to get away from some of those people down stairs, so do go up there if you have time before boarding your plane. Not that crowded up there

Be glad you are only using them one way, Our return flight was canceled and there was no one at the Airport in Florida at the Frontier desk to rebook us on another flight or on another Airline. Of course no planes going into Tiny Trenton Airport anyway. That was why no one was there to help ANYONE. Older people were there crying , because they had no idea what to do.

We had to get another flight on our own on our cell phones  on another airline and fly into Newark Airport.................then we had to get an Uber to take us from Newark(EWR) to Trenton to get our car. where it was parked at Trenton Airport.

It was a long day, a total mess !

Just have back up plans if need be. Frontier is know for canceling flights, they are definetly a low budget airline.

Yes, I have heard they do cancel flights and on our day they have a 9:40 am flight (our flight) then another at dinnertime to Tampa.   If neither of these fly they have another flight Monday morning to Tampa.   Worst case, we could just book with American airlines out of PHL direct to Tampa but of course price would be much more yo book a last minute flight.   

I mentioned all of this to Eric as it was the only thing stopping me from booking Frontier sooner, but he said let's give them a try since it is an easy airport to get to by uber.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Bon Voyage, looking forward to hear about your trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Nice!   Hope you have a fun relaxing cruise with perfect weather.   Bon Voyage🍹

• Like 1

You really have to wonder about SW airlines open seating.  When it is just the two of us, it isn’t a problem. It can be a problem when a family is traveling with young children.  Evidently, they think it would be okay to seat a child over 6 with strangers.  Families with kids 6 or younger can board a little earlier.  

So when I checked in for our return flight, at the exact minute you could, we all got the dreaded “C” boarding group.  We paid the extra fee to upgrade to the A1-15 group, so we would be able to seat the kids with us.  

All 6 of us were on the same booking number, so you would think that we would all be grouped in sequence.  Wrong!   Somehow, SW put an extra kid between my daughter and her kids, and that kid’s mother was behind them.  Definitely a screwy system.  

• Like 7