Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you so much!  How would we go about the upload/download process? It’s interesting to see the different versions.  

If you're still interested, let me know what email address to use and I'll send you a link to a OneDrive location where you can upload the original.  I really wish CC had direct message capability turned on. 😒

• Like 3

Owen’s team was won today 4-0.  With that win they are now moving onto Provincial’s.  Owen made 4 catches for outs in the field today, 2 being the last 2 outs in the final inning. He didn’t make it onto to base, but he earned some RBIs in this game. 

7 full innings were played in 1 hour and 20 minutes.  For perspective a full 7 inning game at this age lasts 2 hours. Each team used just one pitcher.  Theirs threw 104 and ours was 56.  They had just 2 players that made it onto base, the furthest got to second and the other only to first.  

My team job, pitch counter. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.08d8159e40e5b80f87dda81cf0f868d6.jpeg

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay Photoshop peeps, I have a favor to ask.  These photos of my granddaughters were taken late yesterday and I’d love to give them to my daughter with all the cars removed from the background if possible.  IMG_7628.thumb.jpeg.9a48aa25f98af9318d3fda89aa389b04.jpeg

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.efaeae6af828d1dfbbf9b5870cd389a1.jpeg

IMG_7629.thumb.jpeg.5d18642d0ed022d2deac363bbf0dc21f.jpeg

Precious!!❤️

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team was won today 4-0.  With that win they are now moving onto Provincial’s.  Owen made 4 catches for outs in the field today, 2 being the last 2 outs in the final inning. He didn’t make it onto to base, but he earned some RBIs in this game. 

7 full innings were played in 1 hour and 20 minutes.  For perspective a full 7 inning game at this age lasts 2 hours. Each team used just one pitcher.  Theirs threw 104 and ours was 56.  They had just 2 players that made it onto base, the furthest got to second and the other only to first.  

My team job, pitch counter. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.08d8159e40e5b80f87dda81cf0f868d6.jpeg

Sounds like get away day in the major leagues,when all the teams just want to get to the next city to start a new series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Crown and Anchor has a note in my cabin....for OBC of 0.1cents. CENTS. Yes. Running to do shopping ! Ha ha ha!🤣

I had one that said 0.2 cents on my last cruise...lol!

@harryfat1BON VOYAGE!🚢

@Jimbo another bountiful crop, Jimbo!  Beautiful flowers, also!

@A&L_Ontso many congratulations to Owen!

@h20skibumThank you for sharing your Universal vacation with us.  Congratulations to your Golfing grandson on his outstanding performances!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 5:49 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Does anyone use laundry detergent sheets?

Yes, we are having good results with the ones from Proctor & Gamble.  They must still be in limited production as I haven't seen them in stores yet. 

EC30 | Shop Laundry Swatches | ec30clean.com

This is after poor experience with another brand of sheets.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like get away day in the major leagues,when all the teams just want to get to the next city to start a new series.

Exactly Jimbo. We played them yesterday and won 8-2. They had to beat us twice today and they were running out of pitchers, with 4 burned up. We had 1 burned and 7 available from Friday to today. 

They have a chance to exact some revenge at the year end local tournament.  They’ll be gunning for us, but they also have a donkey for a head coach, and their worse one was booted out for their association this season.

Edit: the worse one was coaching his son (the pitcher) from the sidelines all game. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Catching up after having our daughter, son in law and grandkids visiting for the past week.  Tried to skim thru at night so as not to be too far behind on CC.

Had a great week with multiple days at the beach and pool along with trips to a local "zoo", alligator adventure, mini golf, some rides and of course ice cream.  Many pictures to go thru but adding one here as we were getting ready to take a train up the mountain to start our game of mini golf on our night out with the kids while mom and dad had an evening out on their own  Will see what others I can share after going thru the rest.  Had a great time but now need a vacation of our own.

20230801_1718032.thumb.jpg.8c8adc2686c68708477595afb8d244c3.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 28

A few final comments on the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure Parks. I mentioned it had been years since we were there, and I think our kids were about our grandson’s age now. So many things have changed. 

I would hate to try to do everything in a day, or even two days, especially if you only had a regular admission ticket.  Much like Royal, they use dynamic pricing, and some days are more expensive than others. 

For the days we were there, unlimited two park express passes were going for $240 per person, per day. Two park, one day tickets were going for $233 per person.  Of course, they currently have promotional tickets that give you 2 day, 2 park tickets with 3 additional days free for $341 per person (this is without express pass costs)

Doing several days with the express passes was much more relaxing, and we didn’t feel rushed.  We were able to ride everything we wanted to ride, and see what we wanted to. 

I think maybe it was @bobmacliberty who commented that by the time he took a grandkid in 10 years, that it might cost as much as a cruise.  Well, I can confirm that we could have taken an 8 day cruise for less, so that time is already here. 

So for a few last photos. 

This is what Diagonal Alley looks like when you are almost the first one there.  We had early park admission to IOA and took the first train over to Universal and arrived before their main gate opened. 

IMG_8489.thumb.jpeg.720b0b3c2398ca690aedc4b2d5c4d83a.jpeg

We were also the first to breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron. 

IMG_8490.thumb.jpeg.dbed4248d36f502c48ac9ae2b0ef7c93.jpeg

We wanted to get there early, because we had a photo appointment that was part of our package.  They filmed our grandson in front of a green screen and inserted him in some Harry Potter scenes and gave us a dvd. It was pretty amusing, and I don’t think acting will be in his career path. 

It also had an 8x10 included, and this is the one he wanted. 

712939479.825565.thumb.jpeg.e88568510e7b84aa98f35e2dab389b0d.jpeg

Watch out for the fire breathing dragon. 

What is up next, you might ask.  Another day at Kennywood Amusement park, but this time we are taking our daughter and the other two grandkids as well. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This is what Diagonal Alley looks like when you are almost the first one there.  We had early park admission to IOA and took the first train over to Universal and arrived before their main gate opened. 

Definitely more crowded later in the day.  Hopefully that means that you got on the Gringotts ride quickly.  That was out favorite ride of Universal Studios.  How was the Hogwarts Express ride?  We didn't have tickets that allowed us to go between parks, so we weren't able to ride it.

APC_4016-61.thumb.jpg.bf7a5aad584c6148f9ed422fb7262302.jpg

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Catching up after having our daughter, son in law and grandkids visiting for the past week.  Tried to skim thru at night so as not to be too far behind on CC.

Had a great week with multiple days at the beach and pool along with trips to a local "zoo", alligator adventure, mini golf, some rides and of course ice cream.  Many pictures to go thru but adding one here as we were getting ready to take a train up the mountain to start our game of mini golf on our night out with the kids while mom and dad had an evening out on their own  Will see what others I can share after going thru the rest.  Had a great time but now need a vacation of our own.

20230801_1718032.thumb.jpg.8c8adc2686c68708477595afb8d244c3.jpg

Great photo, love all the smiles.   Looks and sounds like lots of fun for all🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

A few final comments on the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure Parks. I mentioned it had been years since we were there, and I think our kids were about our grandson’s age now. So many things have changed. 

I would hate to try to do everything in a day, or even two days, especially if you only had a regular admission ticket.  Much like Royal, they use dynamic pricing, and some days are more expensive than others. 

For the days we were there, unlimited two park express passes were going for $240 per person, per day. Two park, one day tickets were going for $233 per person.  Of course, they currently have promotional tickets that give you 2 day, 2 park tickets with 3 additional days free for $341 per person (this is without express pass costs)

Doing several days with the express passes was much more relaxing, and we didn’t feel rushed.  We were able to ride everything we wanted to ride, and see what we wanted to. 

I think maybe it was @bobmacliberty who commented that by the time he took a grandkid in 10 years, that it might cost as much as a cruise.  Well, I can confirm that we could have taken an 8 day cruise for less, so that time is already here. 

So for a few last photos. 

We were also the first to breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron. 

IMG_8490.thumb.jpeg.dbed4248d36f502c48ac9ae2b0ef7c93.jpeg

We wanted to get there early, because we had a photo appointment that was part of our package.  They filmed our grandson in front of a green screen and inserted him in some Harry Potter scenes and gave us a dvd. It was pretty amusing, and I don’t think acting will be in his career path. 

It also had an 8x10 included, and this is the one he wanted. 

712939479.825565.thumb.jpeg.e88568510e7b84aa98f35e2dab389b0d.jpeg

Watch out for the fire breathing dragon. 

What is up next, you might ask.  Another day at Kennywood Amusement park, but this time we are taking our daughter and the other two grandkids as well. 

Amazing trip with lots of great memories.    I'm exhausted just reading that you will next go to an amusement park now that you are home.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Amazing trip with lots of great memories.    I'm exhausting just reading that you will next go to an amusement park now that you are home.

Some people just never learn. 😉

Had  my younger Sister from NJ come to visit us at our house in Virginia a month ago for a week. After taking her around and showing all the sights and such we were exhausted by the time the week was up.

We were on the go every single day.

Was sure nice to see here though 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely more crowded later in the day.  Hopefully that means that you got on the Gringotts ride quickly.  That was out favorite ride of Universal Studios.  How was the Hogwarts Express ride?  We didn't have tickets that allowed us to go between parks, so we weren't able to ride it.

We took Hogwarts Express five times between parks. There is a different experience, depending on which direction you are traveling. We repeated it going to IOA, so we could film the walking thru the wall illusion once we discovered it.   

Gringotts wasn’t a long wait, but they shut it down for about 10 minutes due to some technical difficulty, so that added to our wait.

I think our favorite was Hagrid’s Motorbike Ride. We were among the first ones for early park entry that day, and made a beeline for that ride.  It is one ride that doesn’t have an express lane.  I think our wait was 30 minutes, but later the wait times were 120 to 150 minutes.

I will edit to add that although we were doing the parks at a leisurely pace, we averaged around 22,000 steps each day. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We took Hogwarts Express five times between parks. There is a different experience, depending on which direction you are traveling. We repeated it going to IOA, so we could film the walking thru the wall illusion once we discovered it.   

Gringotts wasn’t a long wait, but they shut it down for about 10 minutes due to some technical difficulty, so that added to our wait.

I think our favorite was Hagrid’s Motorbike Ride. We were among the first ones for early park entry that day, and made a beeline for that ride.  It is one ride that doesn’t have an express lane.  I think our wait was 30 minutes, but later the wait times were 120 to 150 minutes.

Didn't look to bad until it went backwards, I hate those roller coasters that do that.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Very happy to say my neighbor friend is doing much better.   They ended up taking her back to the OR and this surgery was a success.  

I went to visit her today and she was up and walking around.  

She could be home as early as tomorrow.   They will send a physical therapist every day for first week.  Her Daughter will be staying with her and a good friend will be with her for the days her Daughter needs to go to work.  

So glad she fought and her family fought for her to make this happen.

Thank you everyone for sending her prayers and positive thoughts.  🥰

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was okay until it went backwards, I hate those roller coasters that do that.

+1. When I was younger I could tolerate backwards but never liked it.   As I got older I just couldn't do those types of rides with the kids anymore.   Good thing Eric enjoyed most rides with them.