Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As promised, below are a few pictures from the ship. But before I get to those I wanted to add a couple more from our Rome Hotel. I just can’t say enough good things about this place.  These are from the morning breakfast buffet, included in the room cost.

IMG_9979.thumb.jpeg.fcbcb950b10aba8dd7f262ad93c04880.jpeg

IMG_9982.thumb.jpeg.2bbb4ff55a48e1c9637903baf8aa9488.jpeg

This beautiful piece was tucked into an alcove walking to the breakfast area. Andy guessed it was a furnace of some type, the exterior appears to be porcelain.  
IMG_9981.thumb.jpeg.d4a948beea6b31d92aeef9f96f55ba62.jpeg

Easiest embarkation ever. From exiting our shuttle service vehicle at 12:30 pm to walking onto the ship was less than 5 minutes.  Also, Celebrity allows you drop any carryon bags in your statement right away, they just ask that you not linger so any remaining cleaning etc can be done.  Well at 12:40 our room was already made up.  
IMG_9987.thumb.jpeg.df3d95257fa17db0a6ce0b68424cc4a9.jpeg

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.703d7d89182c5c1a7a9e5122b8d7726f.jpeg

IMG_9991.thumb.jpeg.cb537e9368f13538dcc5dab6896077d8.jpeg

The bathroom is pretty spacious. 

Lovely photos! I am happy you like your cabin. I push the couch out all the way to the window so I can watch the ocean while laying down on it. Also lengthens the room a little bit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do not understand why there is not a subway line running from Manhattan directly to JFK.

There is not a subway line but at Penn Station you can board the E-Train and take it close to JFK but in my opinion it is not safe .There is often violent crime on the E-Train .What an option is the taking of the Long Island Railroad to the Jamaica Station and then the Air train to the JFK terminal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

When we looked at getting the infinite balcony, Linda wanted a traditional balcony so we booked a aft cabin that had a traditional. I would see an infinite balcony in person to see how I would like it.

As far as your problems with CC that happened to me once before. I ended up going to the help desk and they switched something in my settings that fixed it. I wish I could remember what it was so I could help you. They should be able to fix it for you fast.

You will love the aft balconies on the Edge Class ships. We have had them on deck 9 and 10. They are lovely! @cruisewizard will vouch for those afts!

However, two things you have to consider:
They are a long and I mean really long walk from the elevators and stairs.
And they are not completely covered outside like Royal's afts on the Jewel class or voyager/freedom class ships. So we were not able to sit outside in the rain because the loungers got completely wet half ways. But I still loved those cabins. I also felt it was a bit longer, like there was may be 2 feet of space extra between the couch and verandah door ( inside the room). The aft suites are different and have more cover on the balcony since they are on the sides.

Would I take an SV over an IV.....yes.
We have a port hole verandah on our upcoming cruise on Beyond. We have it at the aft, again long walk 😄.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Oh no!! I thought your jaw would have progressed further than that by now! AGH!! 😱

I’m hoping🤞🏼and praying🙏🏼 that you will be able to get more movement in your jaw and that the pain will go away really soon.

I was diagnosed with TMJ many years ago and a few times I woke up with jaw pain and temporary dislocation due to clenching my teeth while I was sound asleep. Thank goodness my jaw never got stuck for as long as yours has though! You must be sooo uncomfortable! 😔

Take care,

Sue

Thanks for the kind wishes.  If I could wave a wand, I know what I’d wish for.  It is not a great feeling, at all.  I can understand your 

The temporary mouth guard I have been given to wear has two “water pockets” on each side to act as cushions between my molars.  I have been wearing it 24 hours a day, except for eating. I thankfully never grind my teeth because these pockets have not popped.  They gave me two type to wear, one with these and the other without. They said grinders would pop them. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The free Q70 bus drops you off at the E line subway station which sometimes gets you into Manhattan quicker than a taxi/Uber.

I hate stairs so will not do subway but lots cheaper and might be quicker. We never travel light will always have a couple of suitcases.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Was the skunk alive?  Just an fyi they are a rabies vector species.

It was dead.  I always treat animals out here the same way.  I picked it up with a long shovel and put it where the vultures will enjoy it. I rinse off the shovel and spray it with bleach. Thankfully it doesn’t happen often out here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@Momof3gurlz Please post what the internet desk tells you to do to enhance your service.  I’ve had to just adapt recently to not looking at Cruise Critic while onboard Celebrity as I can’t see the pictures or post.

FYI there is a large drawer under the sink in the bathroom and a hair dryer inside.  And what I love about the Edge Class is those are real King size beds!!!

Did you have premium wifi?

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The free Q70 bus drops you off at the E line subway station which sometimes gets you into Manhattan quicker than a taxi/Uber.

Where do you get the Q70 bus? Also, going from the city to JFK at which stop do you get off the E train to get the bus over to the airport? Thanks.

Logan makes it pretty simple to get into Boston as does Heathrow with London.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

You will love the aft balconies on the Edge Class ships. We have had them on deck 9 and 10. They are lovely! @cruisewizard will vouch for those afts!

However, two things you have to consider:
They are a long and I mean really long walk from the elevators and stairs.
And they are not completely covered outside like Royal's afts on the Jewel class or voyager/freedom class ships. So we were not able to sit outside in the rain because the loungers got completely wet half ways. But I still loved those cabins. I also felt it was a bit longer, like there was may be 2 feet of space extra between the couch and verandah door ( inside the room). The aft suites are different and have more cover on the balcony since they are on the sides.

Would I take an SV over an IV.....yes.
We have a port hole verandah on our upcoming cruise on Beyond. We have it at the aft, again long walk 😄.

We had a aft balcony on Liberty, granted a smaller ship and it was a long walk but not bad. I think we will enjoy it. Liberty's aft also did not have a covering. I guess as long as it doesn't rain we will be ok.

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for the kind wishes.  If I could wave a wand, I know what I’d wish for.  It is not a great feeling, at all.  I can understand your 

The temporary mouth guard I have been given to wear has two “water pockets” on each side to act as cushions between my molars.  I have been wearing it 24 hours a day, except for eating. I thankfully never grind my teeth because these pockets have not popped.  They gave me two type to wear, one with these and the other without. They said grinders would pop them. 

Oh Andrew I sure hope you get some relief soon. This sounds horrible to go through. Hang in there buddy I will be thinking of you.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm curious, do you have pain on just one side of your jaw or both?

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm curious, do you have pain on just one side of your jaw or both?

Just the one side and I can chew on both. That said, when having food in my mouth and making complicated “shewing moves” can hurt. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where do you get the Q70 bus? Also, going from the city to JFK at which stop do you get off the E train to get the bus over to the airport? 

The Q70 bus stops at terminals B and C lower arrivals level. 
Most connections to JFK are from the Jamaica station. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for remembering. Olivia is doing baby steps, turns out it was quite a long surgery, with a huge cut on her back. She usually sleeps on her back, so now that's out of question. Pain meds.

Grateful for all your prayers, which I relayed, and that it was caught "in the nick of the time".

Thank you for the update on your cousin Olivia.  How awful for her to be in such pain. Hoping she as well as your DH recover quickly.🙏

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning.  1st day of daylight savings today.  Midday temperature is 95f (35c).

Once we arrived at Pearl Beach, saw this community piano in front of someone’s home.
9AEA67DF-797D-453F-8546-EFDF92191DDB.thumb.jpeg.0750cb5d79809add7d6f1fe217b23358.jpeg

0239F5E7-0315-47EC-912A-5D6BDCEDD8F9.thumb.jpeg.40396c47c0dd710695a6cb32c1f1c7c8.jpeg

Very interesting info about this beautiful piano.  You never know what you may come across during your walks.  Awesome pictures, once again, aussie.  Thank you for sharing!

Is your son just visiting Halifax, or does he plan on working in Canada once again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan had bought a few decorations and a topper for the cake, so our granddaughter went to work at finishing icing and decorating.  This was her finished cake.  

IMG_9088.thumb.jpeg.5586a31ba1cb01969ed0acaca363f652.jpeg

She had a lot of fun, and the cake tasted pretty good.  If anyone wants a piece, stop by.  There is some left. 

Great job on the cake!!  Your granddaughter is adorable!

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@LuckynanaWe saw the sun for about 2 hrs yesterday.  Today is beautiful.   How about you?   

I now know why it rained last week.  Today is Chowderfest at LBI.   Seems to always rain before the festival making the field a muddy mess where they have to lay down hay, etc for everyone to walk around.  

It did finally clear up late in the afternoon, sun didn't stay out for too long.  

I felt badly for our grandson and his Marching Band yesterday.  They had to be at the football field at 8:00 am to practice for the High School Marching Band competition to be held later in the day.  They practiced in the rain for 2 hours, then went into the school to change into their Band outfits and head to their HS football game at another high school not far from them for a 12:00 game.  Of course, it was still raining.  They then had a break for lunch, and traveled a half-hour to where the Competition was held.  He got home around 8:00 pm.

It is beautiful here today.  Loving the sunshine!!!

I've been seeing the advertisements for the LBI Chowderfest, but I'm not too crazy about crowds.  How bad does it get there?  Are you going?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Classic will not let you do all that. We upgraded.

I’ll have to look into the cost.  I have a cruise that we booked bare bones so I know I’ll be buying at least the basic internet package so I can get Messenger updates from our pet sitter.  But otherwise, hard as it is to believe, I can skip reading Cruise Critic for a week…😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As promised, below are a few pictures from the ship. 

Easiest embarkation ever. From exiting our shuttle service vehicle at 12:30 pm to walking onto the ship was less than 5 minutes.  Also, Celebrity allows you drop any carryon bags in your statement right away, they just ask that you not linger so any remaining cleaning etc can be done.  Well at 12:40 our room was already made up.  
IMG_9987.thumb.jpeg.df3d95257fa17db0a6ce0b68424cc4a9.jpeg

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.703d7d89182c5c1a7a9e5122b8d7726f.jpeg

IMG_9991.thumb.jpeg.cb537e9368f13538dcc5dab6896077d8.jpeg

The bathroom is pretty spacious. 

Beautiful room!  I hope our room is layed out like yours when we're on the Beyond.  

• Like 2