Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

As for Lisa, she is actually hoping to have the surgery. She has had a constant ache on the front side and if she eats a bit of “bad” food she has the same pain only worse on her front and back side. It’s been 6 weeks so far, and she doesn’t want this forever. 

She’s going to tell the DR she wants it out. Turns out we know a few people who have had it removed. 

Had my gall bladder removed several years ago.  (Before the days of laparoscopy).  Nowadays it's a fairly easy procedure.  She will feel so much better once it's done.  I've never had any issues in all these years.  

Hope you're both feel better soon.  Good Luck to Owen!

• Like 4

Was planning to buy dinner at Chops and Giovani's for our upcoming cruise in January.  Thought I would wait for the big Black Friday sale.  Yesterday the price for Chops was $49.99 per person.  With the Black Friday sale, the price is $49.99 per person.  Giovani's was $39.99 per person.  With the sale, the price is $39.99 per person.  Hmmm...

• Haha 11

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My fear of heights began after I fell down a flight of escalator stairs .

Lenny. so sorry this happened to you but I would imagine the fear would be for escalators, not height.

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

As for Lisa, she is actually hoping to have the surgery. She has had a constant ache on the front side and if she eats a bit of “bad” food she has the same pain only worse on her front and back side. It’s been 6 weeks so far, and she doesn’t want this forever. 

She’s going to tell the DR she wants it out. Turns out we know a few people who have had it removed. 

I felt great after I had my gall bladder out and I had it the surgical, invasive way.  My friend had it done the laparoscopic way and she was back at work the next day.  Minimal pain for both procedures.  

@Sea Dog Greg, I am so sorry you're feeling so miserable and unfortunately, not just from knee pain.  I hope you get some relief very soon.  

• Like 3

I noticed the pre Black Friday sale has the soda package at $8.99/day.  Jack doesn't drink soda and since I usually have 3-4 per day on a cruise, it sounds like a good deal.  I hope they offer caffeine free diet soda at the machines.  I doubt they have it at the bars.

Do both of us have to buy the soda package and how long does this sale last?

Dining package dropped in price, but we're 2 people who feel the MDR food is sufficient.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I noticed the pre Black Friday sale has the soda package at $8.99/day.  Jack doesn't drink soda and since I usually have 3-4 per day on a cruise, it sounds like a good deal.  I hope they offer caffeine free diet soda at the machines.  I doubt they have it at the bars.

Dining package dropped in price, but we're 2 people who feel the MDR food is sufficient.

Hi Bonnie,

The machines do have Caffeine Free Diet Coke.   I don't believe you both have to buy the soda package.  

As far as the dining packages, we don't typically buy them.  We do however use our Diamond Plus BOGO benefit for specialty dining.  We mostly eat in the MDR however, we do occasionally have dinner in the Windjammer, which can be a bit more relaxed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Check your cruise planners. The Black Friday sales are live now.  

Thank you. Re booked a lot of stuff at the lower rates. Saved a lot $$$$. We owe you a drink when we meet.🥰

Internet prices for all our sailings are still higher, except for one sailing next Oct that has $15.99 per day, but Key was $18 for that sailing a few days back and we purchased the Key. So keeping the Key.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Get it now, but keep watching it....Last BF it went down to $6.99

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Was planning to buy dinner at Chops and Giovani's for our upcoming cruise in January.  Thought I would wait for the big Black Friday sale.  Yesterday the price for Chops was $49.99 per person.  With the Black Friday sale, the price is $49.99 per person.  Giovani's was $39.99 per person.  With the sale, the price is $39.99 per person.  Hmmm...

I noticed that too. But the lunch price is good. We are not big on specialty lunch, but did get one at Jamie's and a brunch at Mason's Jar, different ships.

• Like 2

Just now, Arzeena said:

I noticed that too. But the lunch price is good. We are not big on specialty lunch, but did get one at Jamie's and a brunch at Mason's Jar, different ships.

Yes, lunch sale price was good on our cruise.  We typically don't do specialty lunch either but decided to buy lunch at Giovani's one day.

• Like 1

Is anyone here an NBA fan . I just had a Face Time call with former NBA player and coach Mike Woodson.He is currently the Head Coach of the Indiana University Menx Basketball team.My oldest granddaughter is a student there and a friend of a player on the Women’s team.He mentioned in an interview once that his favorite basketball player when he was a kid was Roger Brown of the Indiana Pacers.Roger and I were very close friends in HS .He and I had a great conversation about Roger,specifically the Emmy winning Documentary that I contributed to the making of.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

The machines do have caffeine free diet Coke, diet Sprite, diet ginger ale, and flavored waters.  Oh, and the diet Barq's root beer is caffeine free, too.

You do not have to both purchase the soda package -- you can have just one person in the room purchase it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny. so sorry this happened to you but I would imagine the fear would be for escalators, not height.

I felt great after I had my gall bladder out and I had it the surgical, invasive way.  My friend had it done the laparoscopic way and she was back at work the next day.  Minimal pain for both procedures.  

@Sea Dog Greg, I am so sorry you're feeling so miserable and unfortunately, not just from knee pain.  I hope you get some relief very soon.  

Correct ,but my fear of escalators began when I fell on an escalator in A&S in downtown Brooklyn when I was 6 years old.My fear of heights began when I was talked into trying an escalator again from a high level.

• Like 3

Beautiful day for golf today...75 and sunny.  This was my last round for a few weeks.  We are headed back to Cincinnati to help my daughter fix up and move into her "new" 130 year old Victorian house.  I see a lot of Advil in my immediate future.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I had mine out about 5 years ago, what a relief I felt so much better, and have had no issues since then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Hideaway progress from Allure

a couple of A listers on the island 🏝️ today 

Spoke to a staff member who lived on the island, planned to be open Jan 27th

from 🐾

IMG_3127.thumb.jpeg.452a29c1aa72f9c561842897701a77d4.jpeg

More progress there then in Vanuatu.RCL announced pre-Covid  that they were going to be building “A perfect day in Lelepa”.in the South Pacific.

Reports from those who have been there recently is that the only the build so far is pre-build metal fencing on the site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3