Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You will be more frustrated if they take it out and then have to put it back in. Be patient.

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Walking on his own does not translate to peeing on his own.

Both your explanations are lessons every man needs to know. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You nailed it!

Thats beautiful Pat! Thanks for making my day!!

By all means please do. I will say my second knee is responding really well. My pain in the joint has diminished significantly. I can almost walk around without a walker. The only thing hurting is this catheter and my stomach cramping from not being able to have a bowel movement. Sorry kids for the graphic description.

Pain meds are notorious for constipation.   Drink lots of fluids, apple or prune juices are good options, decaf tea, eat more fiberous foods, avoid eating cheeses, meats and prepared foods.

take a laxative, if allowed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I recall this company  was discussed here last Christmas.

That was me.... I've ordered 2 small fruit cakes (one for me and one to bring as a gift) a few days before the "newest" war here.

I was worried that I will not get it at all, since all flights to and from Israel were cancelled, leaving only the Israeli companies to assure a modicum of connection with the "outside" world. In this respect, we're a tiny bit like your beautiful country. An island. Fly out only.

I was pleasantly surprised to get it in less than 2 weeks, all the way from Corsicana, Texas. It is delicious, as you can see the "remains" here 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.934178de29ae22ecf1e8ee1127e24a56.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pain meds are notorious for constipation.   Drink lots of fluids, apple or prune juices are good options, decaf tea, eat more fiberous foods, avoid eating cheeses, meats and prepared foods.

My doctor has prescribed a stool softener but I might combine it also with a laxative. Linda got me some metamucil for fiber. I think I have some of those teas. At this point I will try anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My doctor has prescribed a stool softener but I might combine it also with a laxative. Linda got me some metamucil for fiber. I think I have some of those teas. At this point I will try anything.

Sounds good.   Add to that lots and lots of water.  These meds dry everything out, including stools in your intestines.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That was me.... I've ordered 2 small fruit cakes (one for me and one to bring as a gift) a few days before the "newest" war here.

I was worried that I will not get it at all, since all flights to and from Israel were cancelled, leaving only the Israeli companies to assure a modicum of connection with the "outside" world. In this respect, we're a tiny bit like your beautiful country. An island. Fly out only.

I was pleasantly surprised to get it in less than 2 weeks, all the way from Corsicana, Texas. It is delicious, as you can see the "remains" here 😉

How wonderful that it actually arrived and you were able to enjoy.   

How is DH’s cooking going?  Are  you able to go out to the supermarket/stores and are there many products available to you? Do you and your neighbours help each other with sharing food/ingredients?

• Like 3

Good morning. 

Some updates. 

First took the motor home to store in the old mines in Pennsylvania for the winter. 

IMG_2548.thumb.jpeg.134585711a070b1d59b2218c39e696af.jpeg

IMG_2570.thumb.jpeg.dd69d29e6c2e3feb2a93637d7ee1b945.jpeg

And babysitting Miss Zoey is a pure joy.

IMG_2499.thumb.jpeg.0c231a59d9a15e702235e100f022398c.jpeg

This week I have yet another doctors appointment to schedule my 10 year colonoscopy before the year is out. Hit my deductible so, it is what it is. 
I will soon have the opposite GI event from the struggles Greg is having post op. 

And a happy post Election Day. 

My intent is to not talk politics. 

But, very great full commercials are done. 

Here in Ohio the local TV STATIONS were over run with political ads. Glad we have a satellite company to watch shows broadcast without local interference. 

Now. 
I think everyone remembers we have had our man cave ( aka garage), for almost 2 years. New back yard lawn, land scraping and such. 

Well, this summer one of the workers grading the lawn somehow cut into the underground electrical line to garage. 
Was not hurt. 
He fixed it. 
Until—-

Last week the security lights that light the night did not work. 

So, we called our handy dandy electrician and when he (landscaper) spliced the lines to fix well it did not last.  

So now, new lawn will be dug up (tunneled) to lay a new power line. (Walkway has to be lifted). 

When all is said and done estimate $1800. 

What next. 

Today starting to Christmas clean one room at a time. Today I attack the dining room. Wash all the display cases and contents. Christmas linen and decorations to be placed. 

As I work. Making wedding soup that can slow cook all day. 

Hope all are well and safe. 

Take care. 

Sue. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Mom had this issue after her hip surgery.  She got a heavy duty product, over the counter, and once things started it was off to the races.

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't wait is what my mom would say.  We don't want you to be like the lady on Bachelor in Paradise who didn't poo for 9 days. 😱

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mom had this issue after her hip surgery.  She got a heavy duty product, over the counter, and once things started it was off to the races.

Don't wait is what my mom would say.  We don't want you to be like the lady on Bachelor in Paradise who didn't poo for 9 days. 😱

Can you remember what that product was called. I guess I missed that in the bachelor. I’m going on 5 days and it doesn’t feel good.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Can you remember what that product was called. I guess I missed that in the bachelor. I’m going on 5 days and it doesn’t feel good.

I believe it is Lactulose.  From reading on line it seems to be the right product.  Prune juice did not do the job, but this certainly did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The best fruitcake I have ever had is the Black Rum Fruit cake from Bermuda. They only make this after summer but will make a special order. When we went there I used to place an order via email with them and they they kept it packed and ready for me to pick up when we docked. They have also shipped it to me many times in the US. It costs an arm and a leg and is very small. Shipping is also a lot of $$$$$. I ordered it last year. I think I will not have it shipped anymore, but only get it when I cruise there, since it is getting to be ridiculously expensive.

I am all for trying out this one from Texas. Thanks for this suggestion Dani and Aussie.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You nailed it!

Thats beautiful Pat! Thanks for making my day!!

By all means please do. I will say my second knee is responding really well. My pain in the joint has diminished significantly. I can almost walk around without a walker. The only thing hurting is this catheter and my stomach cramping from not being able to have a bowel movement. Sorry kids for the graphic description.

I rarely have knee pain now and over the counter drug that I take daily really helped , it is interflex advanced, I know we discussed it and it didn’t help you . One of the reasons I tried it was tv commercials with Doug Flutie 😁😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We drive thru Corsicana on our way to Houston and Galveston.  I didn’t know it had an international presence.  Their bakery is yummy. 

• Like 3

Our trip to Florida for the holidays hasn’t even started, and our daughter wanted us to book one of the houses we had a couple years ago for 2024/2025 Christmas / New year.  So now, next year is booked, and we got it for the same price as the last time we stayed there.  I think they like repeat guests that don’t cause any problems.

Once the dates were booked, I started looking at cruises.  We like to cruise either before or after a stay, or both.  Of course last year we had only the stay, and canceled the cruise because of what was going on.  This year, we have a cruise both before and after.

Looking at cruises December 2024 and January 2025, and the offerings are not too appealing.  Royal’s prices are still crazy high, IMO, and that had me looking elsewhere.  I am intrigued by the new Sun Princess that starts sailing in February.  An OV balcony on. 6 night Western sailing on Oasis, with no perks, is the same price as an OV balcony 7 night Western sailing on the new Sun Princess, and it comes with drinks, tips, and WiFi.   I think I know which way I am leaning.  

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our trip to Florida for the holidays hasn’t even started, and our daughter wanted us to book one of the houses we had a couple years ago for 2024/2025 Christmas / New year.  So now, next year is booked, and we got it for the same price as the last time we stayed there.  I think they like repeat guests that don’t cause any problems.

Once the dates were booked, I started looking at cruises.  We like to cruise either before or after a stay, or both.  Of course last year we had only the stay, and canceled the cruise because of what was going on.  This year, we have a cruise both before and after.

Looking at cruises December 2024 and January 2025, and the offerings are not too appealing.  Royal’s prices are still crazy high, IMO, and that had me looking elsewhere.  I am intrigued by the new Sun Princess that starts sailing in February.  An OV balcony on. 6 night Western sailing on Oasis, with no perks, is the same price as an OV balcony 7 night Western sailing on the new Sun Princess, and it comes with drinks, tips, and WiFi.   I think I know which way I am leaning.  

Where are your "before" and "after" cruises this christmas?

• Like 1

This thread is really going down into the toilet.  Literally. I say that because of all the catheter & laxative talk. 🤣🤣😉

Going back to fear of heights, I've always tell people I have a fear of heights. But I have no issue walking out on a glass sidewalk or glass box thousands of feet above the ground. I get a rush using glass enclosed elevators or peering over the side of an observation deck on top of a skyscraper.  Heck, I'll even dangle me feet over the side of a cliff - sometimes, only it's it's not too windy and the ground is sturdy.

But get me halfway up an extension ladder to clean the gutters and my knees are shaking. I'm gripping the sides of the ladder so hard, not only are my knuckles white but I've cut off circulation to my finger tips. Did I mention I'm only halfway up, like 8-10 feet off the ground?

So maybe I don't have a fear of heights but a fear of my own natural clumsiness?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You're on top of things! 

I still haven't  figured out what I'm doing for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister reminded me it's only 2 weeks away to which I replied "That means I still have a week to think about it".

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Where are your "before" and "after" cruises this christmas?

Before this year is an 8 night on Symphony, sailing to Aruba, Curacao, and Labadee.  Our after is a short 3 night on Allure, going to Coco Cay.  

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You're on top of things! 

I still haven't  figured out what I'm doing for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister reminded me it's only 2 weeks away to which I replied "That means I still have a week to think about it".

Our Thanksgiving plans are already set.  In fact, yesterday I was building a new, light weight tabletop for our Thanksgiving dinner. We are having 14, so that means I will be cooking two turkeys.   Menu is already set.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I had one that chewed through appliance cords (lamps, alarm clocks, etc.). I bought some electrical tape and spliced the cord pieces back together so that I could still use the appliances, then used clear packing tape to attach the entire length of the cords directly to the wall so the cat couldn't get them in his mouth. He also chewed halfway through one of the wooden slats under our bed. I saw the sawdust and thought it was pine litter residue - nope, he was chewing through the board. He was crazy.

Other than cat food my cats only ate marshmallows and cotton candy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have chronic constipation due to Parkinsons .My GI doctor told me to take Miralax every other day and 5 pitted dates every morning.Both work for me.

• Like 5