Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bella 3.0 itineraries were posted in the other place that not everyone follows.  
1/24/26 Oasis 8 night Southern Caribbean from FLL.
2/1/26 Oasis 6 night Western Caribbean from FLL.

Two options to join the fun or you could book as a B2B.  The prices seem good especially considering they’re refundable deposits.  We’ll probably book the 8 nighter.  

I hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those not staying home.  

Yes I just saw it, Deb.  We're on the road now so I'll get in touch with Ken this weekend.  We're going for the 8 day also😉

And, here's the traffic...684 to 84 is now bumper to bumper.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!🦃

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe the meat retains the most of the juices because it is done quicker. I would use 2 sheet pans. One for legs and wings and other sheet pan for both of the breast pieces

That would be a good idea. The turkey drippings are the best part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1  🙏

Same here... 12 years old. My mom woke me up with the news. We then followed everything, and were mostly impressed with Mrs. Kennedy's dignity through the funeral.

Dani,   You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday..   Hope a cease fire happens sooner than later.

Thank you again for bringing all of us together❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure, never done it like this before either, might try it sometime with a chicken roaster first.

I've never cooked a turkey that way but have done a chicken.  I actually cooked it in the air fryer and it was delicious.  I would definitely cook it that way again.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter got invited to go see the parade with her friend’s family.  Don’t know what the dad does but he got tickets for a front row somewhere along the route.  Can’t wait to hear her thoughts.

I never went to the Thanksgiving Day Parade.I have no idea why.

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes I just saw it, Deb.  We're on the road now so I'll get in touch with Ken this weekend.  We're going for the 8 day also😉

And, here's the traffic...684 to 84 is now bumper to bumper.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!🦃

I just looked at those sailings and both look good.    I may just have to do the b2b as they are both good prices.   We love sailing that time of year.   Nice break after the holidays and being able to escape winter weather is always nice.   Will have to check out cabin availability for a b2b and reach out to Ken.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bella 3.0 itineraries were posted in the other place that not everyone follows.  
1/24/26 Oasis 8 night Southern Caribbean from FLL.
2/1/26 Oasis 6 night Western Caribbean from FLL.

Two options to join the fun or you could book as a B2B.  The prices seem good especially considering they’re refundable deposits.  We’ll probably book the 8 nighter.  

I hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those not staying home.  

We ended up booking both 3.0 and 3.5 since I was able to get the same room for both legs.  I figured I can always cancel the 6 nighter if I decide later since it's refundable.

@dani negreanu  To you and your family sending prayers for peace. 

To all, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and Go Lions!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s a good thing there’s an edit button here. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t fix the minor little errors in my posts. 

I usually re-read my posts after they are submitted, but this time I didn't get a chance to because my patient's heartrate was doing all kinds of funky stuff (so annoying when someone's trying to die when I'm busy on CC! 🤣) and I had to go check on him... by the time I saw my typo, the time to edit had lapsed.  

It is REALLY bugging me, even though nobody cares and it has nothing really to do with the post in the first place! Yes, I know I have a problem! 🤪

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hope a cease fire happens sooner than later.

Thanks, Debbie, really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

We had so much hope yesterday, to the point of telling DH that may be we can ask some friends over during the WE, only to be disappointed in the middle of the night.

Now we keep our expectations low... but still very much hoping 🙏

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just looked at those sailings and both look good.    I may just have to do the b2b as they are both good prices.   We love sailing that time of year.   Nice break after the holidays and being able to escape winter weather is always nice.   Will have to check out cabin availability for a b2b and reach out to Ken.

Looks like a perfect B2B for us,  since it is sailing from FLL.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Debbie, really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

We had so much hope yesterday, to the point of telling DH that may be we can ask some friends over during the WE, only to be disappointed in the middle of the night.

Now we keep our expectations low... but still very much hoping 🙏

I clicked like as a show of support.  I am hoping your country can be safe soon.  I think of you every morning.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can someone email me some details please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s a good thing there’s an edit button here. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t fix the minor little errors in my posts. 

I do my best, but still occasionally post a photo of Lucy, and call her Lisa. Autocorrect also gets me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani's thread.  I'm grateful that she decided to share a picture of her freshly cleaned fridge so long ago!  Who knew it would bring us together in a way we never imagined?

We are having a quiet day today.  The kids are all dining with their respective in-laws, so it's just me and Andy.  This is me, preparing our dinner:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e613edd5af11f1670498d0a7fee0036.jpeg

And this is our dinner, consisting of turkey, ham, beef, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry salad, rolls with honey bourbon butter, cornbread, pecan streusel cake, berry cheesecake, and salted caramel cake.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a1edc846f2b70fb4e1ca77f94e0140fa.jpeg

I was thrilled to find that our favorite local restaurant was offering a "take and bake" Thanksgiving box for two.  There's a second layer of food under the one you see in the picture.  I think we may have leftovers!  According to the directions, it should all heat up in less than 30 minutes. 

I was tempted to get this instead, but it doesn't come with any sides.

image.jpeg.ac9c14a48eae50f9ff945b2d0a2a8b55.jpeg

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, as I got a bone bruise on my knee about 3 weeks ago.  It's painful to do much walking or standing, so I've been busy crocheting some hats.  I don't have a ton of experience, but I have relied on YouTube to help me figure out the directions.  Here's one that is just about finished.  It's not perfect, but it kept me busy, and I learned a few new things.

image.thumb.jpeg.8de39b70c2e48b4ce52b27ff3dc8e8a1.jpeg

Best wishes to all, whether today is a holiday for you or not.  May those traveling and those in harm's way stay safe, and may those dealing with illness or pain be strong.  {{Hugs}}

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, derorim said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani's thread.  I'm grateful that she decided to share a picture of her freshly cleaned fridge so long ago!  Who knew it would bring us together in a way we never imagined?

We are having a quiet day today.  The kids are all dining with their respective in-laws, so it's just me and Andy.  This is me, preparing our dinner:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e613edd5af11f1670498d0a7fee0036.jpeg

And this is our dinner, consisting of turkey, ham, beef, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry salad, rolls with honey bourbon butter, cornbread, pecan streusel cake, berry cheesecake, and salted caramel cake.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a1edc846f2b70fb4e1ca77f94e0140fa.jpeg

I was thrilled to find that our favorite local restaurant was offering a "take and bake" Thanksgiving box for two.  There's a second layer of food under the one you see in the picture.  I think we may have leftovers!  According to the directions, it should all heat up in less than 30 minutes. 

I was tempted to get this instead, but it doesn't come with any sides.

image.jpeg.ac9c14a48eae50f9ff945b2d0a2a8b55.jpeg

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, as I got a bone bruise on my knee about 3 weeks ago.  It's painful to do much walking or standing, so I've been busy crocheting some hats.  I don't have a ton of experience, but I have relied on YouTube to help me figure out the directions.  Here's one that is just about finished.  It's not perfect, but it kept me busy, and I learned a few new things.

image.thumb.jpeg.8de39b70c2e48b4ce52b27ff3dc8e8a1.jpeg

Best wishes to all, whether today is a holiday for you or not.  May those traveling and those in harm's way stay safe, and may those dealing with illness or pain be strong.  {{Hugs}}

We did the same from our local Toojays. WE could have gone to the kids house, but we were just there last week.  

• Like 1