Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Working on the second round and feeling very at peace. I guess this is why the sea calls us. Very aware right now that God has given me a very blessed life.

20240207_160829.thumb.jpg.81ef92169e2e11683d503f6c25f78b05.jpg

Is being a ship DR in your calling?  

I think it would take the fun away. Also the pizza wouldn’t taste as good when you work on the ship, with no Boleros first.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Kelly had her wellness check today.  She is approximately 6 months old.  If she is pregnant it is super early (the Dr. didn't feel anything).  She is healthy except for tapeworms which were taken care of at the appointment.  She is up to date on all her shots now and set up for a spay next Thursday.  No microchip was found.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have discovered the secret to getting an excellent Sorrento"s pizza... go to Bolero's first.😀

20240207_163254.thumb.jpg.323619a50b646e79ba76c1c39480efa3.jpg

Yes wouldn’t want to try sober , but not sure if there is enough liquor on the ship to make me like it 😁

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Kelly had her wellness check today.  She is approximately 6 months old.  If she is pregnant it is super early (the Dr. didn't feel anything).  She is healthy except for tapeworms which were taken care of at the appointment.  She is up to date on all her shots now and set up for a spay next Thursday.  No microchip was found.

She is one lucky kitty to have found you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I finally won a RoyalUp.  We are 9 days out from boarding Adventure of the Seas and I got the email today.  Prior to this I was 0 / 9 in my Royalup bids.  We moved from a standard 4D balcony to a JS for $305. And not just a standard JS but an aft facing JS so we have the extra deep balcony.

I'm really surprised because the ship has been sold out for a couple of weeks and folks in the roll call have reported getting emails asking them to postpone their sailing for a refund and full credit for a future sailing or to downgrade from a balcony to an OV for a 50% FCC.  

Based on that I had no expectation that we would win our RoyalUp 🙂

We've had a couple of suites over the years... This is the first JS,  I know they don't come with any benefits but just the extra size will be nice and the extra large balcony will be great.

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.16.55 AM.png

Congrats Dave that’s great news. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Weather was beautiful here. Not crazy hot, no rain, cool breezes.

Had a very delicious Jamaican chicken pattie.

Very nice in Aruba too. Cloudy but that kept it from becoming uncomfortably hot. The usual trade winds were not blowing today to cool things down.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It took a little time but I have found my late afternoon go to bartender in Bolaros. This is what one drink order turned into....

20240207_152325.thumb.jpg.580978ffaae7c1069bf03cf145f6e3ac.jpg

And that extra tasted so good.🫠🫠

Have you tried a caipirinha from Boleros? Sweet and tasty.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 12:14 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I decided that today I would skip lunch as I know that I'm over eating and feel a bit bloated. I am posting this from the Windjammer... I am weak.😐

I was going to do the same since I had a big omelet for breakfast. I also usually skip dessert. Happen to notice that they were having key lime pie at lunch in CK. Everything went out the window. My lunch consisted of a slice of the pie. 😖  Really doesn't help what we were talking about. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I finally won a RoyalUp.  We are 9 days out from boarding Adventure of the Seas and I got the email today.  Prior to this I was 0 / 9 in my Royalup bids.  We moved from a standard 4D balcony to a JS for $305. And not just a standard JS but an aft facing JS so we have the extra deep balcony.

I'm really surprised because the ship has been sold out for a couple of weeks and folks in the roll call have reported getting emails asking them to postpone their sailing for a refund and full credit for a future sailing or to downgrade from a balcony to an OV for a 50% FCC.  

Based on that I had no expectation that we would win our RoyalUp 🙂

We've had a couple of suites over the years... This is the first JS,  I know they don't come with any benefits but just the extra size will be nice and the extra large balcony will be great.

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.16.55 AM.png

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Weather was beautiful here. Not crazy hot, no rain, cool breezes.

Had a very delicious Jamaican chicken pattie.

We haven’t been to Falmouth since 2019 and I can’t wait to get a proper pattie again. 

• Like 3

Ok, I have a rant. I guess the Bolero's visit is wearing off. I have about had it with parents who think everyone else in the world thinks their little rug rats are as cute as they think. Ok, rant over.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, George C said:

Bobcats are beautiful animals but you have to watch any small animals that they may consider dinner. Have also seen possums and raccoons in backyard, once we had a feral cat that we fed along with a possum and a raccoon all wanting me to put out more food. 

I forgot about the raccoons and possums. They walk across the pool deck nightly. They set off the security lights outside so when they come on the cats run to the windows. I don't hate them like I do the iguanas. They have cost us $$$$$. 

• Like 4