Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Great day in Puerto Plata, DR

I did the waterfall, cliffs  and waterslides. I’m feeling a little old for this but loved it. I’m just really wore out.  I uploaded this to YouTube so the android users could see it too. I’d definitely recommend this excursion. 

I’m sitting g at the Duck and Dog relieving the pain. 

Wow you are a brave man. I don't know if I could do that. Never liked the high dive board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Jaromir Jagr must be an alien.  Those who know hockey, know who Jagr is.

The Pens retired his jersey, and raised it to the rafters yesterday.  Just looking at the photo of all his Pens teammates, how did he not age like they did?

IMG_6737.thumb.jpeg.3a4227747e704cdf24303d64e9e32551.jpeg

And to still be playing hockey at 52 is outstanding.

• Like 10

Trying to do some planning for our October Navigator cruise to the Mexican Riviera including Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Since we've never been to that area I was looking at some of Royal's shore excursions. Does anyone recommend a particular excursion?  I am looking at the Cabo Luxury Day Sail which looks fun. Anything else you would recommend those ports?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to you all for the congratulatory wishes for our new grandbaby.  We really appreciate all your kind words and warm thoughts. ❤️ ☺️

I believe mother and baby get discharged tomorrow.  We shall see how their dog Mochi will react to this new little human in their home.

It is very blustery with rain here today.  I am a rainbow chaser and always in awe with them.  But this rainbow today is just about everywhere.  Big, bold and so vivid.  I have to be cautious while I’m driving and spot it and I”d have to find a safe spot to stop to capture a photo.  Here is a couple for you.

This school campus is closed today and for the week.  Too bad the kids missed this.

IMG_8823.thumb.jpeg.9c1dd80f87f5938e58b3e95c0318c7a6.jpeg

IMG_8827.thumb.jpeg.1f7f5822e265b02e19199fb786cde3f0.jpeg

Great pictures.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to you all for the congratulatory wishes for our new grandbaby.  We really appreciate all your kind words and warm thoughts. ❤️ ☺️

I believe mother and baby get discharged tomorrow.  We shall see how their dog Mochi will react to this new little human in their home.

It is very blustery with rain here today.  I am a rainbow chaser and always in awe with them.  But this rainbow today is just about everywhere.  Big, bold and so vivid.  I have to be cautious while I’m driving and spot it and I”d have to find a safe spot to stop to capture a photo.  Here is a couple for you.

This school campus is closed today and for the week.  Too bad the kids missed this.

IMG_8823.thumb.jpeg.9c1dd80f87f5938e58b3e95c0318c7a6.jpeg

IMG_8827.thumb.jpeg.1f7f5822e265b02e19199fb786cde3f0.jpeg

Amazing!!!

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes.  
We made it to our first stop, Harrah’s in Atlantic City. I’m hoping Andy carries his luck from our Adventure cruise last October.  For those who don’t know, while we were all in the Schooner Bar, he made a run to the “restroom”  and was back in about 10 minutes with a slot machine winning ticket for about $ 1,100.  Certainly not in Lionesss’ category but it was a nice bonus.  

First vacation cocktail. Cheers to 36 years with the love of my life!IMG_0849.thumb.jpeg.c6a91c6e041d34a1d1229cd4551b8f16.jpeg

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We made it to our first stop, Harrah’s in Atlantic City. I’m hoping Andy carries his luck from our Adventure cruise last October.  For those who don’t know, while we were all in the Schooner Bar, he made a run to the “restroom”  and was back in about 10 minutes with a slot machine winning ticket for about $ 1,100.  Certainly not in Lionesss’ category but it was a nice bonus.  

First vacation cocktail. Cheers to 36 years with the love of my life!IMG_0849.thumb.jpeg.c6a91c6e041d34a1d1229cd4551b8f16.jpeg

Happy Anniversary, safe travels.

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Andy!  💐 🥂. 36 years, that’s amazing!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary!  Hope you have a great time!

@h20skibum Just checked that post you mentioned. It was locked , then quickly went poof.

It was an interesting post,for sure.

My DH and I are Platinum level on Princess , having taken about 15 cruises with them. We enjoyed every one of them and met some very fine people on each cruise.

I think you will enjoy the cruise you selected,especially as it is an inaugural cruise.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Just checked that post you mentioned. It was locked , then quickly went poof.

It was an interesting post,for sure.

It was fun while it lasted.  

Maybe I will change my CC name to Chimney Gawker!  I kind of like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Trying to do some planning for our October Navigator cruise to the Mexican Riviera including Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Since we've never been to that area I was looking at some of Royal's shore excursions. Does anyone recommend a particular excursion?  I am looking at the Cabo Luxury Day Sail which looks fun. Anything else you would recommend those ports?

Sorry. I don't think we have ever done much of anything in those ports except shop and go to the bars. Ensenada used to have the Titanic movie lot with the huge water tank where they did the filming. I always thought it sounded interesting, but we never went. And now it is abandoned. Lately, the winery tours in Ensenada have become more popular, and there is always La Bufadora, the blowhole. You can pick up a blowhole excursion in town, no need to book through the ship. 

PV has some nice shops down on the main street across from the beach. And a Sam's Club! 😃 We picked up a lovely hand-blown clear glass iguana one year (at one of the shops). Cabo, we just take the tender and have lunch and usually just walk around the marina or into town a little. It is usually pretty warm in October. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

So many pages to read here! 
Happy events- anniversaries, a new born grandson, travels to interesting places.

Then some who are dealing with illness, pain and discomfort.

I am sending congratulations to those having happy events in their lives and my sympathy to those dealing with illness and pain.

Always grateful to Dani for starting this thread as it is a pleasure to read posts here.

Just thinking,it all started with someone posting about cleaning a refrigerator! 
Wishing all posting here good days.

Take care all- 

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Sorry. I don't think we have ever done much of anything in those ports except shop and go to the bars. Ensenada used to have the Titanic movie lot with the huge water tank where they did the filming. I always thought it sounded interesting, but we never went. And now it is abandoned. Lately, the winery tours in Ensenada have become more popular, and there is always La Bufadora, the blowhole. You can pick up a blowhole excursion in town, no need to book through the ship. 

PV has some nice shops down on the main street across from the beach. And a Sam's Club! 😃 We picked up a lovely hand-blown clear glass iguana one year (at one of the shops). Cabo, we just take the tender and have lunch and usually just walk around the marina or into town a little. It is usually pretty warm in October. 

Thank you Patti. That’s good information.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@h20skibum Maybe Graham @grapau27 could explain that expression about a chimney?

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

@h20skibum referenced how long the poster had been member of CC and how few posts they made.  Today was their first post after being a member for years. If I had to guess in the context, the idea would be something like “are you are hiding in my chimney to hear/know all that happens in my house”.

Meanwhile most of us on CC can easily look up how many posts and how long a person has been a member. It’s no national secret for us, and 007 spy skills are not needed. Just my guess but I’d be curious to what Graham has to say. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I got a reply from RCI to my email. I suspect I wasted my time writing it in the first place. It is also funny how it starts with sorry for the delay responding. Hey, at least I got a response in less than 24 hrs. Here it is. I hope it is not invisible like the last copy and paste I did of my email....

Thank you so much for your email and please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It is not our intention for guest to experience hearing difficulties after visiting our entertainment areas. We attempt to meet everyone’s comfortability and expectations but understand we may not always do so.

I want to reassure you that all your comments will be shared with our operational teams for further internal review and that we do our best to make improvements where our guests feel they are most needed. It is the commitment to deliver the best overall cruise experience that pushes us to always improve the service we provide and apologize this was not the case for your cruise vacation.

Warm regards,

Kaitlyn Sterling
Executive Office
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does this all show up?

I got a reply from RCI to my email. I suspect I wasted my time writing it in the first place. It is also funny how it starts with sorry for the delay responding. Hey, at least I got a response in less than 24 hrs. Here it is. I hope it is not invisible like the last copy and paste I did of my email....

Thank you so much for your email and please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It is not our intention for guest to experience hearing difficulties after visiting our entertainment areas. We attempt to meet everyone’s comfortability and expectations but understand we may not always do so.

I want to reassure you that all your comments will be shared with our operational teams for further internal review and that we do our best to make improvements where our guests feel they are most needed. It is the commitment to deliver the best overall cruise experience that pushes us to always improve the service we provide and apologize this was not the case for your cruise vacation.

Warm regards,

Kaitlyn Sterling
Executive Office

(fixed) Thank you so much for your email and please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It is not our intention for guest to experience hearing difficulties after visiting our entertainment areas. We attempt to meet everyone’s comfortability and expectations but understand we may not always do so.

I want to reassure you that all your comments will be shared with our operational teams for further internal review and that we do our best to make improvements where our guests feel they are most needed. It is the commitment to deliver the best overall cruise experience that pushes us to always improve the service we provide and apologize this was not the case for your cruise vacation.

Warm regards,

Kaitlyn Sterling
Executive Office

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5