Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Things arent going bad really, just hot hot hot but I'm starting to relax. A lot of miscommunication with movers. Like them hanging up empty hangers in the wardrobe boxes and wasting space. And what is a partial pack. I thought it was packing part of my little stuff.

I'm here and safe and moved yesterday into a extended stay with fancy suites. 3 extended stays here, only this one had the suites. So other than the moving truck taking so long it's mostly all good. I got out of dallas just in front of the tornadoes so consider that extra extra lucky and might be why the truck is taking so long, no power where I left from for days after. And every hotel I've stayed in has been extra nice. Though I really loved that one in Tallahassee the best, cutest ever. I've have stayed longer had I understood it could be up to 12 BUSINESS days. I've have paid the extra $1500.

What has surprised me are the businesses along the 520 road that goes from i95 over to the beach, the next road south from the one that goes by the cruise port. In dallas I'd only seen a tatoo parlor one time down in east dallas. Here they seem prolific. One shopping centre, 3 in row all say tatooes across the front. Never seen so many tatoo parlours. Also I understand weed is only legal for medicinal? I was surprised to see a store front for a weed store, never saw in dallas. It's just different but 2nd time thru looked better, just had come in the more northern  route last time, never across the 2nd route south that is the fastest way to orlando airport looks like. And I love the condo. I hated the house I bought, but my dad wanted me 5 minutes away or I'd never had chosen that house, so I would have moved no matter what when they passed. I doubt anyone here thinks moving a whole house solo is their idea of fun. I got a whole kitchen here and a premium suite with a comfy arm chair. Nice desk. Nkw it's just a matter of waiting for the moving truck. I just didnt expect up to 12 BUSINESS days .. but I needed some rest and the temperature is down from last week. Nothing really bad. And im so happy with the new condo. I know who buys a condo sight unseen on the word and movies of a trusted realtor. I had it painted and super cleaned before i arrived. Other than them taking down a elevator the day i arrived, it's super, just want it over with. Walls are all now agreeable grey lol. And super clean. 

This picture is in person the day I arrived. Just ready for this move to be done. Water doesnt look very blue here, I guess depends on time of day. But this is my own picture. 

20240529_134155.jpg

Great picture! You're going to have to change your profile pic soon to your new home state...😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Great picture! You're going to have to change your profile pic soon to your new home state...😁

I'll have to take a picture earlier in the day when the sun is fully up, this was late in the day. 

Yea I hope the moving truck gets out of dallas soon. If waiting is the worse thing that happens to me moving, I'll consider it lucky. Yea and change my drivers license and all that other stuff. .. though I admit I'm disappointed it could be another week getting here. Communication is key. Though I dont plan on ever moving again, this was too hard. Or move during the winter, not june heat. I've heard patience is a virtue, though it's never been my strong point. I admit I'm impatient. I just want this done and over. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

DW made me a Sazerac Rye Thyme Julip.  With fresh thyme from the garden.  Tasty  😋 🍻  

IMG_3256.thumb.jpeg.ca8d63c9e45a54063cc420e093419fdb.jpeg

A little more green and it would look like a mojito 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Have you tried Liberty Pole Wheated Bourbon?  They are in

No I have not seen that. I will have to ask my liquor store owner friend to see if he can get it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am assuming a partial pack means you only have a part load and are sharing with others which is perhaps why it is taking so long? If so, they should have made that clear. 

you will feel better when you stuff arrives and you can relax in your own place.

Sometimes partial pack can mean you pack some, they pack some, either way it should have been detailed to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually maybe it's a good thing I didnt set a specific date for the delivery truck. I didnt know about the rule that someone named ray had to be told at least 24 hours in advance to pad the elevator and would have started off on the wrong foot. Thinking positive.

And also it turns out I cant get in and out of the gate after dark without a clicker I now need to ask where to go to pick up. I'm assuming the mgmt company. Going to email them next. There are 3 guard shacks but they are now un manned, now you have to get a clicker to open the gate. My realtor even didnt know as he only came in during the day. I have a handbook of rules I guess I better read from cover to cover. Seems so much has to be done.

You used to walk into the post office and fill out a card for a change of address. Now I was told go online and there was a $1.10 charge to forward for 6 months. I'd bet it cost more than that to process my visa card charge. And I still had a vacancy sign in my mail box on this end. I said forward from last Saturday,  a week ago. Just everything seems more complicated. The change of address card changed last summer to online they told me. And I'm not tech and need to hire someone to hook up my spectrum. I didnt know which date or time so just have the self install box. The girl from the movers said maybe for a extra fee one of the movers will do it .. maybe. Just feels a bit overwhelming..but I'm trying to relax. I did know moving by myself would be hard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No I have not seen that. I will have to ask my liquor store owner friend to see if he can get it.

I have 2 good bottles of scotch I promised my realtor. Hope the heat in my car didnt affect them. I just got to where I don't drink hardly. I also have a bottle of good anejo tequila I packed in my car. Lol gave all the rest away to cousins, but kept those 3 bottles. The 3 best. I said when we meet for lunch I'll bring them. Ha! Does heat hurt scotch? They did stay in my car overnight since last  Monday until Wednesday I took them up to the new condo.

Heres hoping the heat didnt ruin the scotch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just came home from this, so proud.IMG_3708.thumb.jpeg.046d79e4412e409cb9f6c8517f1fea3b.jpeg

Congratulations to the new 'Graduate!🎓

Congratulations to you and your family, also, Marietta!  What a wonderful achievement!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have 2 good bottles of scotch I promised my realtor. Hope the heat in my car didnt affect them. I just got to where I don't drink hardly. I also have a bottle of good anejo tequila I packed in my car. Lol gave all the rest away to cousins, but kept those 3 bottles. The 3 best. I said when we meet for lunch I'll bring them. Ha! Does heat hurt scotch? They did stay in my car overnight since last  Monday until Wednesday I took them up to the new condo.

Heres hoping the heat didnt ruin the scotch.

As long as it wasn’t too hot or they were in direct sunlight it should be ok. In short, you can keep spirits in a hot car longer than you can wine and beer, but you probably want to steer clear of leaving any alcohol in the heat and/or direct sunlight for more than a few hours

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

@Ocean Boy Happy Birthday to my next door, sorry, next state neighbor. It looks like this nice weather is going to hold up for a couple more days.🎂🎂

Thank you. Yes, the weather was quite perfect today.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'll have to take a picture earlier in the day when the sun is fully up, this was late in the day. 

I admit I'm impatient. I just want this done and over. 

I don't blame you one bit, Jane!  You have been through so very much, with having to take care of your sister and BIL's problems, and in making this huge move all by yourself.  You have every right to feel impatient.  It will soon be done and over, and you can begin to relax and enjoy your new life in Florida.  The view from your huge linaii is awesome!!🌹

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Emma’s doing her best to fill in Oliver’s shoes.  We went on an adventure today in the truck to tractor supply which we have never attempted before.  All was good and they had the bird feeder I was looking for. 😃

IMG_3255.thumb.jpeg.007927353b5b80303676f9ec30677ead.jpeg

Emma looks so sweet lying there!❤️

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Belated congratulations on birthdays and graduations @Luckynana and @DaniDanielle.   

No baby yet.  

Thank you, Deb.  We finally were able to have cake for both boys this evening!  Man, they're busy kids!

How is your daughter feeling?

• Like 1

@firefly333 - There are probably a couple of reasons that it's taking your moving truck so long to arrive.  As @c-leg5 said, you probably only filled part of the truck with your stuff.  They will find someone else moving from near Dallas to your same general area and put their stuff on the truck with yours.  That way, they're moving the most weight in a single trip.  Saves them money.  If the new house for the other people is on the way to your place, they'll stop there and unload first.  Also, drivers are limited in how long they can drive in one day.  They could use multiple drivers so that one is driving while one is resting but then you're paying for 2 drivers.  They likely will only use one driver and pick up some extra local "muscle" to help with the unloading at your house.

None of that gets your truck there any faster but knowing why it's taking so long might help with your impatience (with which I am completely familiar 😁).  Before you know it, all your stuff will be in your condo, all of the one-time annoyances involved with moving will be done, and you'll be loving your new place.  Don't forget to set up your homestead exemption.  It can save you a lot on future property taxes!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@firefly333 - There are probably a couple of reasons that it's taking your moving truck so long to arrive.  As @c-leg5 said, you probably only filled part of the truck with your stuff.  They will find someone else moving from near Dallas to your same general area and put their stuff on the truck with yours.  That way, they're moving the most weight in a single trip.  Saves them money.  If the new house for the other people is on the way to your place, they'll stop there and unload first.  Also, drivers are limited in how long they can drive in one day.  They could use multiple drivers so that one is driving while one is resting but then you're paying for 2 drivers.  They likely will only use one driver and pick up some extra local "muscle" to help with the unloading at your house.

None of that gets your truck there any faster but knowing why it's taking so long might help with your impatience (with which I am completely familiar 😁).  Before you know it, all your stuff will be in your condo, all of the one-time annoyances involved with moving will be done, and you'll be loving your new place.  Don't forget to set up your homestead exemption.  It can save you a lot on future property taxes!

I'm also thinking that tornado that took out the power where I live last week could be a factor. If workers had no power at home maybe they stayed home to find dry ice. By friday neighbors were saying they lost everything in their freezer. Idk. 

George C you seem to live close to where I left from how bad was the weather. I left about 4 pm last Monday and had already turned in my spectrum equipment so wasnt watching the weather. I had no idea it was that bad coming. How bad was it? The  moving company is here in florida and knows nothing about dallas weather. I drove to vicksburg last Monday night and had no idea. How this  moving company rates a 9 stars out of 10 and seems to lack I formation, just spout DOT and driving regulations sure isnt helpful imo. To have 9 stars others must be happier with them than I am right now.

• Like 1

@firefly333

Hoping your move goes smoothly and the moving van arrives promptly and that you can start settling in to the condo. The balcony looks like a place where you will spend many hours. It will be great with furniture -table and chairs for outdoor dining and a comfy couch and/or loungers.

Smart to stay in an extended stay hotel. You have done well to do this move on your own.

Takes courage and motivation to move from one area to another.

Wishing you ☀️ days.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I don't blame you one bit, Jane!  You have been through so very much, with having to take care of your sister and BIL's problems, and in making this huge move all by yourself.  You have every right to feel impatient.  It will soon be done and over, and you can begin to relax and enjoy your new life in Florida.  The view from your huge linaii is awesome!!🌹

There is a rooms to go across the parking lot that has a patio section I thought I would walk kver just to try and get some ideas of what things people are buying these days. I started over there last night and walked thru the Audi parking lot between me and the store to look at the hours on the door and all the sudden blasting out of speakers was you are intruding on private property. We have you on camera. Please contact with your number ... and they then blasted the same message about 6 times when I turned to walk back to the hotel. People said oh it's not you they just blast that message all the time. Sure got my attention. I wouldnt buy from them I'm sure, never heard anything good, but its sunday and I was just killing time today and saw them with a store out on the main street. A fold up chair or anything I can get in my car to sit on would sure be a help. Standing around and no place to sit down gets old fast. Only so much walking around the condo I can take until I just leave. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What to do, when it is time to order a drink, and you can’t make up your mind?   

Plus Susan gave me her shot.  (Maybe for enduring her constant bath changes)

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.7ad009b83739236cbe9c506207000850.jpeg

Some food to go with it. 

IMG_1237.thumb.jpeg.f18fe41a19c57194e03bee9b28889980.jpeg

Looks s good! Where is this?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know this post is from a month and a half ago, but the bath repainting project turned into much more.   But it looks like it will be finalized in a couple more days.

What started out as picking colors that would go with accent pieces, turned into much more.  Since that repaint, I have….

Replaces all wall switches and receptacles.

Replaced one ceiling light.

Gave my opinion on three different carpet colors to go on the tile in front of the shower and toilet. (Yes, those ones we had that would supposedly match with the color we picked, didn’t). The new ones are finalized and down.

Gave my opinion on four different sets of new towel colors, because as it turns out, the old ones clashed somewhat with the new color.

Just had curtains 5, 6, and 7 (thank goodness for Amazon returns) arrive today, and one of those colors will work.   (Of course, the old ones that were supposed to work, didn’t.  

So since we have gone through so many curtain colors, we only ordered the valances for these last three choices.   Now, to get the rest and finish it.

I don’t know how people choose things for an entire house anymore, with so many choices.  After this, I think the paint schemes in the rest of our rooms look just fine. 

I admit to no artistic talent. I took a poll here and went with agreeable grey for all the walls. All my windows have the hurricane shutters locked down. Will you come and decorate for me next? Professionally cleaned and agreeable grey lol. 

20240529_134643.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1