Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 9/18/2024 at 4:59 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

And so we begin the long trek home.  We spent two nights in Waikiki, visiting Pearl Harbor while we were there. It was incredibly moving.  Although not unexpected, we were still taken aback by just how crowded and commercial Waikiki is.  One high end store or mall after another.  But we had a nice ocean front room at the Outrigger Reef with a balcony that felt like a cruise ship balcony 🙂.  
We then flew to Kauai which is everything I imagined Hawaii to be;  lush, green, laid back unspoiled and just gorgeous.  Our resort, Koloa Landing in Poipu, could not have been better.  We took a sunset catamaran cruise Tuesday along the NaPali coast.  All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice.  Waimea Canyon was also spectacular. This trip truly lived up to our expectations and I wouldn’t change a thing.  
IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.875b38e9a79199fa77e8b763caffec27.jpeg

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.b37b89db251e9b61200d0bbb3a6474dd.jpeg

Our last night on Oahu

IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.60a56a4da4cf2abdbc2a0a49fa5a3615.jpeg

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.910c53fcd9b1ada7f7d797d4aeb06198.jpeg

You know you’re in a small airport when you see this in baggage claim 😂

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.c20ba53c24d03f5c9bfbb2815ead74a6.jpeg

Koloa Landing

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.a05cfcff584f21de52338ebd10aa0ed7.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.5fe5dbb96dcbafee39834ce16d159b42.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.5dca7631ed33543e880495b91d5276c7.jpeg

IMG_2378.thumb.jpeg.4bd6772578e461a8e39d8237178543bd.jpeg

IMG_2393.thumb.jpeg.58e873a68a3171716f6146ea74d4f1ff.jpeg

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.b6ab308fe6732003d9aef596aa576ff6.jpeg

our last night in Kauai 😢

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.fc934c330ad837d6105fe64cdfaac335.jpeg

@Momof3gurlz beautiful pictures.  On our long bucket list. Would love any recommendations you have on how which islands/hotels, etc   Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

Greg congratulations to your chiefs being undefeated in first 3 games , great game . Also love cowgirls loss although they almost had a win . 

I was conflicted about the Cowboys-Ravens game.  On the one hand, seeing the Ravens go 0-3 helps the Bills in the AFC.  If the Bills beat the Ravens next week (have to focus on the Jags tonight first), then it probably wouldn't matter.  One the other hand...I ALWAYS want to see the Cowboys lose.

How Bout Them Cowboys GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We were on the Canada/Greenland cruise.  Sept. 7 on Jewel.

My in-laws did that cruise and loved it. I'd like to do it as well but the early September date doesn't work well for me.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was conflicted about the Cowboys-Ravens game.  On the one hand, seeing the Ravens go 0-3 helps the Bills in the AFC.  If the Bills beat the Ravens next week (have to focus on the Jags tonight first), then it probably wouldn't matter.  One the other hand...I ALWAYS want to see the Cowboys lose.

How Bout Them Cowboys GIFs | Tenor

Love watching Steven A Smith after a cowboy loss, we saw Frank Caliendo at improv a couple of months ago and he has a great impression of him which I requested. We play Baltimore next week, need to avenge that London loss to jaguars tonight .

9 hours ago, George C said:

Greg congratulations to your chiefs being undefeated in first 3 games , great game . Also love cowgirls loss although they almost had a win . 

It was a nail biter. I know all the haters are going to say the Chiefs get all he breaks from the refs and yes that was pass interference from the chiefs in the end zone but there were also a few no calls on the Falcons. Mahomes did not play his best game he’s been flat the last couple of games. Not sure why he’s not throwing to Kielce I saw a lot of plays where he was open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

lol....I could say the same about the Chiefs. Enough with them (and Mahomes) already. Time for someone else to win the SB.

Unless you live where I do.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Unless you live where I do.

My in-laws are going on a road trip and are going to be visiting where you live . Do you have any restaurant recommendations ?  He doesn’t drink and he likes BBQ and burgers.   

Thanks 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NHProud said:

My in-laws are going on a road trip and are going to be visiting where you live . Do you have any restaurant recommendations ?  He doesn’t drink and he likes BBQ and burgers.   

Thanks 

Yes KC has incredible BBQ. I would recommend in order

1. Joes KC (two locations) Get the “Z” Man sandwich and their fries are the best.

2. Q 39 kind of like gourmet BBQ

3. Arthur Bryant’s the original KC BBQ. Spicy sauce where a lot of US Presidents have dined when they have come to KC.

4. Gates another KC original

For burgers I would recommend:

1) Westport flea market. Best made to order juicy burger voted #1 by Food Network

2) Winsteads great steak burger

3) Hayes Hamburgers great small diner and lunch counter with onion smash burgers

4) Hyboy in Independence has great burgers and fantastic onion rings.

I hope this helps them. Lots of good choices.

2) 

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Mahomes did not play his best game he’s been flat the last couple of games. Not sure why he’s not throwing to Kelce I saw a lot of plays where he was open. 

Because it wasn't a home game and they wouldn't have been showing OB's favorite neighbor every 45 seconds. LOL🏈🏈🏈

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Because it wasn't a home game and they wouldn't have been showing OB's favorite neighbor every 45 seconds. LOL🏈🏈🏈

And where was Taylor anyway? I didn't watch every minute of it but I don't recall them showing her as usual.

4 hours ago, maggieq said:

@Momof3gurlz beautiful pictures.  On our long bucket list. Would love any recommendations you have on how which islands/hotels, etc   Thanks!

I lived in hawaii for 10 years and visited all the islands. I went back to hawaii to see a old boyfriend on celebrity, a one way and stayed there to visit. 

Waikiki is good for shopping and eating, commercial. Fish of the day is always mahi mahi.  Ono is the best fish, ono means delicious but is always the name of the best fish most will agree.

Maui has the most to see, my favorite. Flowers on the way up to the volcano are one of a kind in the world. Road to hana is almost impossible to do in one day even way back. The road is winding and of course you want to stop and see all the waterfalls. If you dont book a room in hana it's very very hard to do and get down and back in the same day, imagine driving to key west and back during high season except winding roads with a waterfall around every corner. Yes there is a bus you can do. I would want to stop and see stuff. The gold coast of miles of the best beaches. Idk about the whaling town after the fire. ..just so much to see. Diverse but expensive.

My relatives like the poster here went to Kauai which in the middle is the rainiest spot on earth. You cant walk down into the Canyon here that is like the Grand Canyon, only fly over. From the other side you can drive to the cliffs and hike quite a ways but cant drive around the island. We drove into the middle where the black sand beaches are and wild pig country. I'm pretty sure our rental car company forbid where we drove it. Every yard has gorgeous flowers there. They grow so well. Where the poster stayed is the dry side, sunny and hot. We stayed at a beach in the rainy side as they say. Each island has a rainy and dry side. 

Big island has the volcano. I have never gone to hana it doesnt pour. Many white guys from the mainland think oh they dont mind rain, buy a 25 acre or smaller plot near hana and are gone in a year. It's like maintaining a jungle.  Beautiful. Kona is the dry side where you see all the black lava rock. And horse country of course looks green just like kentucky at its best.

Depends what you feel like spending imo. Kaui is beautiful and unspoiled but not as much to see. My bf had a childhood friend there and we kept busy but maui just can't be beat, but is costly, especially the gold coast. The road to hana is breathtaking. Imo one of the 7 wonders of the world and the volcano great hiking or renting a bike. The flowers are worth a side trip on the way up to the mountain. Cant do it all in a week. 

I've even been to the island where non hawaiians couldn't buy land, but it's off the tourist beaten path. Did you know surf contests are only in the winter. The surf only comes up from around Thanksgiving to early spring. You wouldn't see a surf contest in the summer. But better for swimming. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes KC has incredible BBQ. I would recommend in order

1. Joes KC (two locations) Get the “Z” Man sandwich and their fries are the best.

2. Q 39 kind of like gourmet BBQ

3. Arthur Bryant’s the original KC BBQ. Spicy sauce where a lot of US Presidents have dined when they have come to KC.

4. Gates another KC original

For burgers I would recommend:

1) Westport flea market. Best made to order juicy burger voted #1 by Food Network

2) Winsteads great steak burger

3) Hayes Hamburgers great small diner and lunch counter with onion smash burgers

4) Hyboy in Independence has great burgers and fantastic onion rings.

I hope this helps them. Lots of good choices.

2) 

Thanks Greg ! I’ve passed your recommendations to my BIL and his wife.  

Getting close to your cruise and I’m looking forward to your comments .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

And where was Taylor anyway? I didn't watch every minute of it but I don't recall them showing her as usual.

Saw entire game. Never showed her at all. Was probably detained at Hartsfield airport as an alien. LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

Saw entire game. Never showed her at all. Was probably detained at Hartsfield airport as an alien. LOL

16 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Or maybe at a Harris rally...

Shame on you!