Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@aussielozzie18
I know I must have said it a billion times, but I will say it for 1 billioin and one times....I just love your pictures. Loved your Chuilly ones and loved the ones you posted on the historic house tour.

@aussielozzie18 I couldn't agree more. Your pictures always brightens my day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from another sunny day in Adelaide.  Forecast was rain from midday so decided to visit a historic house - Carrick Hill.  Easy bus ride from Adelaide CBD.

The house sits on 100 acres and backs onto bush.  The gardens are free to explore and picnic on but the house itself you pay to enter.  Arrived too early for the guided tour - so fortified myself with a superb morning tea of scones & cream from the restaurant/cafe nearby after exploring the gardens then returned to the house for an excellent small group guided tour.

Would love to visit next month when the masses of roses are in bloom.  As I suspected the guide confirmed they get a lot of kangaroos visiting the grounds.

Highlight of the interior was all the original paintings and all the beautiful (William) Morris & Co tapestries.5286185C-442E-44DE-8242-B4070D92E7C3.thumb.jpeg.519319d4aa4f0f78bc985de64e5ba268.jpeg

423F303D-9B8F-405A-A996-3F87F2ACDB60.thumb.jpeg.0f3bf0087d18ba8f5e30abaac6db33b1.jpeg

703ADCF4-4894-433B-9E2C-9E0E3ADE7D69.thumb.jpeg.c96105f37e7658402dbeee34561f2eaf.jpeg

15BD51AC-683D-4A1C-BE1A-03B3A372E44C.thumb.jpeg.acb0cb3cfbdc76f2ce0bf27dc7c80b5c.jpeg

080C96B7-7ECC-455C-806E-5668C640D480.thumb.jpeg.a0ee91948b5c3e05345630e3ba260346.jpeg

119BDEF5-751B-48BD-80E3-F1E07E0A8DE8.thumb.jpeg.34b964dbcaa231697692aaeac4861618.jpeg

Blue Mountains/3 sisters

0241A42B-452E-4A52-99A7-3EA091680C5B.thumb.jpeg.a2ba023ea4064cebd0efc03b3991a2bf.jpeg

Fantastic photos @aussielozzie18

Pauline's closest cousin lives in Adelaide and someday we will have to go there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I read a post yesterday mid day and someone said it took them 2 hours to get from Merritt island to the port in the traffic jam of people trying to get off and people arriving. Google maps says 16  minute drive. So good thing I didnt drive to the port it seems. Traffic was just stopped with both debark and embark people all there at once jammed up not moving. 

Probably a big part of the reason they didnt want their crew leaving the ship yesterday..    

Shame you didn't get to meet your crew friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Waiting for my movers for 3.5 weeks I was in hotels all that time thru priceline and hotels . com is why now thru both are offering me perks.

That's why pan Pacific and others I get at least 10% off and the $20 cad drink credit and vip whatever that is... there are actually hotels offering me way over $100 off ... of course rheh cost even more than pan pacific .. anyway ..that's why the vip and the drink thing is showing for pan Pacific. Specific perks because the movers were so slow moving my stuff now I get hotel perks. I didnt just use one site though..too bad or I might have even more perks. Priceline wants me back too with special prices. 

Out of curiousity did you check the prices directly with Pan Pacific to compare to your priceline offer?  Is priceline quoting in USD or CAD?    

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 9:18 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Wait until you see what the first emergency is.

We watched our recording last night.    Ugghhh....IMO, Don Johnson never was a good actor but I expected better of Joshua Jackson.    Eric didn't make it past 15 or 20 minutes of the show.   I watched the whole thing.   I may give it a try for the 2nd episode.   We'll see...but I will definitely make sure I don't eat 15 pounds of shrimp and end up with iodine poisoning 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Out of curiousity did you check the prices directly with Pan Pacific to compare to your priceline offer?  Is priceline quoting in USD or CAD?    

That's hotels . com price. $399 and up. With my silver discount and vip pkg. Direct with no perks the cheapest is $443. I cant yet see on Priceline who shows prices same as airlines about 11 months out. Expedia and hotels , com the same and show further out than most sites. Both are quoted in American dollars.

I have a while to look. This hotel claims to be the top hotel in north vancouver, the Pinnacle hotel. They will give me a even bigger discount. Oddly enough only 1 room isnt marked sold out. Maybe selling out because of the huge discounts?

Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier

Exceptional

1,305 reviews

Harbor views and rooftop serenity

Overlooking the stunning harbor, this elegant hotel offers a serene escape with easy access to vibrant shops and dining options. Unwind in the rooftop pool with breathtaking views, savor exquisite dishes at the on-site restaurant, and enjoy the comfort of impeccably clean rooms.

Silver member benefits at this VIP Access stay
  • Bonus OneKeyCash at this VIP Access property
  • Save 15% or more when you book this stay
  • 20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per day)

Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)

9.69.6 out of 10
Exceptional
8 reviews
(8 reviews)
  •  
    20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per stay)
  •  
    Free WiFi
  •  
    Sleeps 2
  •  
    1 King Bed
  •  
    Partial ocean view
  •  
    Harbor view
More detailsMore details for Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)
Earn $11.06 in OneKeyCash
Silver Price $123 off
The price is $368
$368
The price was $491
$491
$427 total
includes taxes & fees
Price details
Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We watched Dr. Odyssey last night and didn’t hate it. There were quite a few inaccuracies, such as the size of the crew cabins and the med center, the black-tie captain’s table, but the one that made me laugh the most was the captain’s obsession with making the ship perfect for the guests. That attitude went out the window a long time ago, but we all keep cruising and demand is higher than ever. 

LOL at Rachel Dratch starring as the lady whose husband got the iodine poisoning and broken clavicle. I remember her from SNL.

I couldn't remember while watching the show last night where I knew that actor from.   Now that you mention it, I do remember her from SNL.    

I basically felt the same as you about the show.   I'll probably give it one more try and watch episode.   

If crew members watched the show, I'm sure they had a good laugh about the size of crew member quarters.    Heck, Captains don't even have cabins like the Dr. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are some crazy deals, if only I was made of money...same price range, $400 ish, over $200 off regular price on a suite over 500 sf and a free bottle of wine, and 20% off a spa thing. Neither of which I'd use. Looking at all the freebies offered is crazy. I'm way out sept 2025. Every price I'm seeing is in American dollars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@aussielozzie18
I know I must have said it a billion times, but I will say it for 1 billioin and one times....I just love your pictures. Loved your Chuilly ones and loved the ones you posted on the historic house tour.

Agree with all that Arzeena just said!!!  @aussielozzie18

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's hotels . com price. $399 and up. With my silver discount and vip pkg. Direct with no perks the cheapest is $443. I cant yet see on Priceline who shows prices same as airlines about 11 months out. Expedia and hotels , com the same and show further out than most sites. Both are quoted in American dollars.

I have a while to look. This hotel claims to be the top hotel in north vancouver, the Pinnacle hotel. They will give me a even bigger discount. Oddly enough only 1 room isnt marked sold out. Maybe selling out because of the huge discounts?

Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier

Exceptional

1,305 reviews

Harbor views and rooftop serenity

Overlooking the stunning harbor, this elegant hotel offers a serene escape with easy access to vibrant shops and dining options. Unwind in the rooftop pool with breathtaking views, savor exquisite dishes at the on-site restaurant, and enjoy the comfort of impeccably clean rooms.

Silver member benefits at this VIP Access stay
  • Bonus OneKeyCash at this VIP Access property
  • Save 15% or more when you book this stay
  • 20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per day)

Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)

9.69.6 out of 10
Exceptional
8 reviews
(8 reviews)
  •  
    20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per stay)
  •  
    Free WiFi
  •  
    Sleeps 2
  •  
    1 King Bed
  •  
    Partial ocean view
  •  
    Harbor view
More detailsMore details for Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)
Earn $11.06 in OneKeyCash
Silver Price $123 off
The price is $368
$368
The price was $491
$491
$427 total
includes taxes & fees
Price details

If your flight doesn't arrive until late in the day and all you need is a place to sleep for one night I would look for the best price closest to the port.    Sure does sound like Pan Pacific is the most efficient if they are ontop of the cruise terminal for check in.    

I usually wait until it is closer to book flights and hotels.   I try to use points with credit cards or memberships with places such as Hilton and Marriott.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our indoor/outdoor cat would have loved that! He used to make us open every door to prove it was actually raining outside everywhere! 😀

Our cat would do the same.  When I’d open the door to prove she really would not want to go outside she’d move to another door and look over her shoulder at me to open that one.  Surely it can’t be raining outside every door!!

• Haha 13

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We'll see...but I will definitely make sure I don't eat 15 pounds of shrimp and end up with iodine poisoning 🤣

On some of my Celebrity cruises, at lunchtime in the  Windjammer (I can't think of the name on Celebrity right now) they have peel your own shrimp that they put in a HUGE platter with a crew member dishing the shrimp onto your plate.  Now mind you, they give you quite a large amount on your plate.  There was a large man behind me on line who mentioned that it was his 3rd time getting the shrimp.  Unbelievable, but they're out there!!🤨

• Like 2

@DaniDanielle   I think you can relate to this.     Eric had a routine visit with family physician yesterday while I was at work.    His BP was slightly elevated 150 over 90 (not unusual for him, especially since he is orthostatic).     

I used to go with him on Dr. visits when I could work remote but nowadays he is a big boy and has to go by himself😁

I came home from work and asked how his appt. went.   He tells me he has a new script sent to the pharmacy for lisinprol (he was on this a couple of years ago and for the life of me I cannot remember why his transplant Dr took him off it).     So I proceed to ask Eric - what about your amolopidine are you to continue to take this and the lisinprol?    What directions were you given?   He looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Of course, he has no idea....Ugghhh!

It just amazes me.   He's a smart guy but when it comes to this kind of stuff - he's a dingbat😂

So this morning I picked up the script & left a message for the Dr. to call me on Monday.  Will wait until we hear from the Dr before he starts taking it.       

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We watched our recording last night.    Ugghhh....IMO, Don Johnson never was a good actor but I expected better of Joshua Jackson.    Eric didn't make it past 15 or 20 minutes of the show.   I watched the whole thing.   I may give it a try for the 2nd episode.   We'll see...but I will definitely make sure I don't eat 15 pounds of shrimp and end up with iodine poisoning 🤣

Better to have iodide poisoning than the "other energency" of that sailing.

• Haha 7

@dani negreanu   I love seeing your photos and hearing that you had a nice cruise other than your Cousin & her DH being "tardy" on a regular basis.    I know you mentioned that you had some rainy days and I hope that didn't impact your plans too much.    Based on your photos it does look like you had some sunny days.   How warm was it?

I have never heard about Petros the Pelican.   I just read the story on him.  What a nice story.   I had no idea that Pelicans live that long.    I have never been to Greece (definitely on my list) now I want to sure I get to Mykonos to see Petros.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

On some of my Celebrity cruises, at lunchtime in the  Windjammer (I can't think of the name on Celebrity right now) they have peel your own shrimp that they put in a HUGE platter with a crew member dishing the shrimp onto your plate.  Now mind you, they give you quite a large amount on your plate.  There was a large man behind me on line who mentioned that it was his 3rd time getting the shrimp.  Unbelievable, but they're out there!!🤨

On Celebrity it’s called the Oceanview Cafe.  It could very well have been my DH you encountered at the shrimp table.  We were sharing a table at lunch with two ladies we’d never met and one of them said “I bet I can get some garlic butter for these shrimp!”  Off she went and she did come back with a bowl of garlic butter.  My DH thought that was a great idea and followed suit.  (I had finished eating way before this.)  DH certainly enjoyed his garlicky feast…and had no need of a ship’s physician.  You should have seen the mountains of shrimp shells…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So far, every one of my family and friends have fared well ...thank goodness, with regard to Helene.  

My Aunt and Uncle in Sarasota, who have their Condo at the very end of the Causeway, have lost their two cars due to the surge, nothing more, which is amazing, due to the horrific devastation caused by this event.    

• Like 7