Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Hi, Patti,

Good to talk to you again. As I recall, you recently retired? How are things?

Retirement was going very well until the pandemic hit and all our vacations were cancelled. Bill retired in December with the intention that we would travel more. So far that hasn't panned out. So we are just trying to get some work done on the houses. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm glad this forum can help you Lenny.  I remember visiting the Montreal Expo site sometime in the early 70s.  I think it was called Man and His World at that point.  I was fascinated.  

My wife’s sister and her husband went to the Expo in 1967 .My wife and I went there in 1969 and fell in love with Montreal.We have been back many times since

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Retirement was going very well until the pandemic hit and all our vacations were cancelled. Bill retired in December with the intention that we would travel more. So far that hasn't panned out. So we are just trying to get some work done on the houses. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Same here  Patti. My retirement was centered around my retirement cruise last October and then got cancelled due to you know what. Looks like I’m a go for this October and my wife Linda will be joining me. Hopefully you will be retiring soon.

Greg the Sea Dog

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I tried to post earlier but it went poof. Having some difficulties communicating on CC.

Being confined to bed must be very difficult for you,but you have the spirit to communicate with so many here on this thread. 

i have enjoyed your posts about music and groups that were a significant part of my younger days.

i especially liked your mention of going to American Bandstand on a school trip.

When I was about seven,I would watch the show and dance in our living room along with the teenagers on TV.

sometimes my older cousins would have a dance session and they would include me .I loved dancing the Stroll with them. Good times !

Goodnight ,Lenny.

I hope you are feeling safe and loved.

Thanks very much.I have been having posting problems too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

There is one very grainy, faded B&W picture of my mom in front of one of the pavilions,  holding a bundle of rags.  I'm told that's me.

I've always said there were 3 great events that happened in the US in 1964:

Beatles came to America.

Ford released the Mustang.

Me! 😆😇  (j/k)

I used to buy birthday cards showing interesting things that happened in every 

year.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Having lived in Brussels for 5 years, I absolutely "have to" agree with all above -- Belgian waffles are to die for. We ate them all over Belgium, and the quality was the same everywhere. Miss them.

The Belgian chocolates are delicious.I was never in Belgium but a friend was there and raved about the chocolates.

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I really liked the show Bosch on Amazon. I love Michael Connelly books so I had to start watching it when it first came out. 

Just started to re-watch the Americans. Gotta love a Reagan era Soviet spy show. 

I just started watching Bosch.I watched 3 episodes and only 57 to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harryfat1 said:

The town's name is Solvang . Which is supposed to mean "Sunny Fields". If you Google the towns name or search on YouTube, you will find lots of info.

Basically every store in the town has Denmark feel to it.  They called themselves the Danish capital of US.

I have been to Solvang many times.I have friends and relatives in Southern California and friends in Northern California.My wife and I have traveled from LA to SF and made stops in between.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

@grapau27 should chime in here as he is our resident expert on chocolates. 🍫

I get really bad migraines and my doctors have told me to cut out eating chocolate.A few years ago I began going to a doctor who treats people with the headaches.She said that she also suffers from migraines but refuses to give up chocolate.She told me that I can eat some but not to overindulge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I get really bad migraines and my doctors have told me to cut out eating chocolate.A few years ago I began going to a doctor who treats people with the headaches.She said that she also suffers from migraines but refuses to give up chocolate.She told me that I can eat some but not to overindulge.

Bummer. Sounds like this is another reason why I'm glad I don't get migraines. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Bummer. Sounds like this is another reason why I'm glad I don't get migraines. 

I had to give up chocolate ,wine and several kinds of cheeses.

I cannot drink alcohol due to another medical problem.

I was feeling great till 2003 the year I moved out of Brooklyn.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Same here  Patti. My retirement was centered around my retirement cruise last October and then got cancelled due to you know what. Looks like I’m a go for this October and my wife Linda will be joining me. Hopefully you will be retiring soon.

Greg the Sea Dog

Ditto.  Retired in June 2020 and our 9 day Greek Isle cruise/3 week Italy tour went poof.  Will target to do a similar trip in 2023, since we've got an Alaska cruise/TP to Hawaii cruise/Hawaii trip planned for next fall.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

@grapau27 should chime in here as he is our resident expert on chocolates. 🍫

Thanks Dave.

Belgian chocolates are delicious.

Bruges has many chocolate shops we have been to.

The ships dock in Zeebrugge and the ships shuttles take you to Blankenberge a seaside town and with a plethora of nice chocolate shops where we have ventured many times and bought lots of chocolates for ourselves and also for family and friends.

Screenshot_20210811_193507.jpg

Screenshot_20210811_193425.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dave.

Belgian chocolates are delicious.

Bruges has many chocolate shops we have been to.

The ships dock in Zeebrugge and the ships shuttles take you to Blankenberge a seaside town and with a plethora of nice chocolate shops where we have ventured many times and bought lots of chocolates for ourselves and also for family and friends.

Thanks Graham. I knew I could count on you. BTW, yum yummy. 

• Thanks 1