Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Graham...while the chocolates look phenomenal, please tell me about the salmon sandwiches you and Pauline have been eating lately on your pleasant outings.  I love smoked salmon, and I love cooked salmon, both for dinner, and cold as leftovers (when there is a leftover piece), but I've never had a salmon sandwich!  Please tell me about them.  It is cooked salmon, or smoked salmon?  What do you put on the sandwich?  Any condiments?  Cream cheese?  Any special kind of bread or rolls that you make the sandwich on?  I'm very curious and I would probably very much like one!😁 TIA!!!

Usually smoked salmon and cream cheese in wholemeal bread.

Sometimes we use tinned Red Atlantic salmon which Pauline clears all the skin and bone off first then the wholemeal bread is buttered and the salmon is put between 2 slices then Pauline cuts the sandwich into triangles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Talk about being a kid in a candy store. I would go nuts in there. So many choices...yummmm.

I have sold chocolate and sugar confectionery for several different companies for 35 years.

Anthon Berg Danish chocolates well known for their Liqueurs. Marzipan bars and chocolate marzipan fruit liquors in the Lifli range sold in airports is a brand I sold for 13 years.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had to give up chocolate ,wine and several kinds of cheeses.

I cannot drink alcohol due to another medical problem.

I was feeling great till 2003 the year I moved out of Brooklyn.

Maybe you should move back to Brooklyn.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Usually smoked salmon and cream cheese in wholemeal bread.

Sometimes we use tinned Red Atlantic salmon which Pauline clears all the skin and bone off first then the wholemeal bread is buttered and the salmon is put between 2 slices then Pauline cuts the sandwich into triangles.

Thank you, Graham!!  I'm going to have to try your salmon sandwich.  What kind of bread is wholemeal?  Is that like a 12 grain bread or something similar?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have sold chocolate and sugar confectionery for several different companies for 35 years

Wow you are a chocolate expert. How interesting. I would have ate all the samples.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's the way to do it. Combine land and sea and get the best of both worlds.

On our land tour we did a tour of Denali National Park.It was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours.Our tour guide was a college Professor from Oregon who was a part time guide.This was in the latter part of May.The first thing he did was to give everyone on the tour books about Alaska to keep.

His lecture was wonderful.At the 2 hour mark he asked if we were okay if the tour went beyond the allotted time.It turned out to be nearly 5 hours.

I believe that we all tipped him very nicely.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have sold chocolate and sugar confectionery for several different companies for 35 years.

Anthon Berg Danish chocolates well known for their Liqueurs. Marzipan bars and chocolate marzipan fruit liquors in the Lifli range sold in airports is a brand I sold for 13 years.

Graham.

These arrived a few days ago. 90th birthday gift for my Swiss neighbor at the beach.

20210811_195007.thumb.jpg.55689e7511f5c6ed1fc64b617179871d.jpg

Direct ship from Switzerland, so I got 3 boxes. Shipping was about half the cost of the chocolates. 

They are pure awesomeness 

• Like 9

Not really sad to say, Owen’s ball game was canceled tonight. Heavy rains and thunderstorms in the area. First pitch was 8:30, and we had to leave at 6:30 so I’m happy to be relaxing at home.

A few pics from the last couple days. Wildlife from around the yard, other than Lucy. 

06A1433F-00AF-4D32-8BD9-574884D65A62.thumb.jpeg.5352e56b8a0b9ba46892895450159dad.jpeg

3C065B4A-3231-483B-B86A-98B43AFDF7C9.thumb.jpeg.ef92018f84042a4b08a71dbe9350c3ac.jpeg

Cicada, in it’s fresh body. 

C47F87C3-2E81-4B66-A358-9E041186AF1C.thumb.jpeg.39a1017c2d4a20a2f36f3b8c96fdf413.jpeg

Sunset from Sunday. 

3C85E063-8423-45F0-B6DA-390099263A6C.thumb.jpeg.6811029a00794e069cd2d1771948b612.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

Wow @ReneeFLL you’re right.  Miss a day or two here and it’s hard to catch up!
I know I’ll miss a few but here goes. 
@lenquixote66 I’m glad you find some enjoyment in these threads. Your input is interesting and appreciated. 
@harryfat1 enjoyed your reviews & trip reports and look forward to more on this one. 
As for TV, we loved Schitt’s Creek, Bosch, The Crown, Mrs Maisel, Queens Gambit, Unorthodox, Ozark and many others mentioned. We’re currently rewatching an oldie but goodie The Wire.  Up next is White Lotus and a rewatch of another oldie Rescue Me. 
We’re busy planning this weekends family get together and 2 grandsons 10 day visit (ala @h20skibum).  Lots of outdoor activities so hope the weather holds.  We wanted to do the battleship visit/tour in nearby MA but trying to stick to outside fun so that may wait until next summer.  
I’ll try to keep up vs catch-up!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wow @ReneeFLL you’re right.  Miss a day or two here and it’s hard to catch up!
I know I’ll miss a few but here goes. 
@lenquixote66 I’m glad you find some enjoyment in these threads. Your input is interesting and appreciated. 
@harryfat1 enjoyed your reviews & trip reports and look forward to more on this one. 
As for TV, we loved Schitt’s Creek, Bosch, The Crown, Mrs Maisel, Queens Gambit, Unorthodox, Ozark and many others mentioned. We’re currently rewatching an oldie but goodie The Wire.  Up next is White Lotus and a rewatch of another oldie Rescue Me. 
We’re busy planning this weekends family get together and 2 grandsons 10 day visit (ala @h20skibum).  Lots of outdoor activities so hope the weather holds.  We wanted to do the battleship visit/tour in nearby MA but trying to stick to outside fun so that may wait until next summer.  

I liked Unorthodox ,Queens Gambit,Ozark ,Hit and Run,Fauda,When Heroes Fly and The Spy among others.

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Battleship Cove is really awesome. I've been many times and I camped overnight once on the battleship with a scout troop. A lot of the visit does involve inside time exploring the ships. If you are looking to spend most of your time outside that might not be the place.

Have you considered a day trip to Block Island? I really enjoy biking around the island as well as the boat ride. Of course, that is just my thought.

• Like 1

@Momof3gurlzenjoy that time with your grandsons. 

We are now down to short time with our CA grandson.  Today was peach day.  Took all the grandkids to a fruit farm where they learned about peaches, including the proper way to pick them. 

6DFC3288-FC97-45F8-B291-AF05A34E16FC.thumb.jpeg.c8e52808104f2ec135d92c81f8207b13.jpeg

They all had small bags they picked, and they must have paid attention because they were all sweet. 

65D48D98-11EF-472D-8473-F0146AC693B7.thumb.jpeg.1ebd1295cf68d2ca36dfc02b6bb3cec2.jpeg

C4ED383A-FAE3-47B0-9045-29BD88139316.thumb.jpeg.9a85c62db8a2a91c72ba9837e7f7ffa6.jpeg

Afternoon plans were changed from boating to an indoor get together when some heavy storms came through. 

He did enjoy a last meal out with his cousins at Mizu’s tonight. 

8699874D-B4BE-424B-8919-A265EA0C3ED6.thumb.jpeg.9a153972a0bf168435f7f339ee4e73fa.jpeg

Tomorrow our plans are the Cleveland aquarium and Margaritaville, plus some pool time at a hotel there.  

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I thought it was dock lines.

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent memory, Biker !!!

@harryfat1

Your fav Allure, and her lines (Rome to Rome, 2015) 😉

_DSC4117.JPG

Biker - Haha, how are you? Yeah, can't resist dock line either or mega ships with large round bottoms. 

Cheapo dad would seek therapy for all these issues except it costs money that's best spent on vacations...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for your kind words. This won't be my usual long winded ramblings about useless info but instead will be more a shorter summary of our trip (well, short by my standards at least) with possibly more cheapo dad money saving ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 2 of the trip - waking up and going down to lobby for the free breakfast.  Not exactly cruise shop quality but given the current covid situation,  just having some sort of buffet breakfast is a good thing.

I read online someone complained about the hotel's food as being "too Californian" on the healthy side. Guess they want more fattening stuff like sausage and donuts...

View from the hotel room of I-5.

20210808_082237.thumb.jpg.eec136192e34b50463a20d4f906b7d0a.jpg

Forgot to mention the room is very nice. 2 queen beds, 1 bunk bed and a sofa sleeper. So in theory you can pack in 7 people into the room.  In case you have big families,  look for these Element hotels in your future travel plans.

You also get a kitchenette with refrigerator so you can do some some cooking to save more.

Anyway,headed downstairs for something to eat. Nowadays with Covid, they have these hand sanitizers inside every elevator. 

I miss the Royal Cariibean ladies at Windjammer squirting me with these every morning and said "washy washy". 

20210808_084536.thumb.jpg.0e61be904613ec860ca68abf0d864a7f.jpg

Lobby area 

20210808_085043.thumb.jpg.1d9fd757ff16c96e256b2e15a478c813.jpg

Outside seating option

20210808_085037.thumb.jpg.3d571263ecdc716d993f548cfcf87a54.jpg

• Like 9