Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sounds neat. Disney is taking advantage of the Marvel stuff since acquiring it.
We have been to to the Star Wars rides at WDW several times.  Early this year we were at the HS park.  They were starting to allow park hopping again.  While we were asking a park asst. about it he ask if we made it on the Rise of Resistance. We didn’t that morning so before we knew it he tapped a couple times on his iPad then told us we now have a spot in line.  It was fun.  There is so much to it you find something new each time.

We spent Christmas week 2018 at WDW but they were still progress of building Star wars land so we were able to only experience Toy Story land at HS back then as was new in 2018. Love the Slingy Dig coaster.

We got on Rise of Resistance twice and Spiderman twice. We didn't get the Park Hopper ticket do that was the maximum amount we could get on a 4 day pass. But if we had gotten a 4 day Park Hopper pass and was able to secure slots for 4 mornings, then in theory we could have gotten 4 more virtual queue by 12 noon. 

Disneyland won't allow you to hold more than one virtual per day so you have to use up the queue by 12 noon for one of the 2 rides and be at the park by 12 noon with park hopper to secure a second one.

Since you've been on the ride, here's a YouTube video to explain about how the ride works. Not recommended viewing for people who hasn't been on the ride as it contains small spoilers:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We were at Disneyland the second week after they opened in May.  Same thing, we did the virtual queue right at 7AM but it was all booked.  At noon, we tried again but all booked up again but got back up group #126.  Then later found out that the ride was down- for 2 hours and they never opened back up again.  So we never made it. 

One of the crew members told us that the slots are gone in 10 seconds in the virtual queue.  She gave us a tip on how to get in right at 7AM and noon.   So because we got the 2 day pass, we tried again the next morning.  Couldn't get in again.  Tried again at noon.  Only got back up group # again. 

At 5PM, we went over there and just waited for the numbers to be called (along with many other people thinking the same thing).  We were getting close.  Then, we noticed the line was not moving.  The ride was down!  Some people just left.  We didn't want to leave, LOL.  Then at 6:50, 10 minutes before the park closed (the park closed at 7PM), the ride was fixed and opened again!  DH got to go!  I didn't want to go (because I don't like motion stuff) even though I knew it would be great.  He said it was the most awesome ride.  It was worth the wait and the park $$$'s worth.

I can attest to the fact that the slots are gone within 10 seconds. I was locked out at 7:00:10 yesterday. Crazy competition. Had to get one while at the park at 12 noon.

I watched numerous YouTube on how to secure a slot.

Like closing all apps in background that could slow down your phone.

Getting a watch that shows the seconds so you can start refreshing the screen at 6:59:58.

Doing dsl speed check the night before and the morning of on the hotel wifi versus phone carrier speed. 

Did all that above and was only to get slots for 3 mornings. Missed on the last day.

If you are able to go again, I highly recommend it.   Disney put a lot of effort in this ride.

Watching the time in the morning counting down to 07:00:00

20210810_065935.thumb.jpg.c113fc5624535f1e46eef3caa0c359a5.jpg

DSL speed test on hotel wifi

Screenshot_20210812-065654_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.db831bc4dd347ed4b05dd6f0603ae485.jpg

Speed test of Verizon carrier speed as Disneyland wifi is notoriously spotty. My phone is almost 4 years so it's not as fast as the newer 5g phones.

Screenshot_20210813-115310_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.5a1a49013e65a710bc680c718be8e4d7.jpg

• Like 3

Last part of day 2 report (couldn't finish last night at 1:30 AM as I was too tired after a long day at the park) - just couple quick pics of fireworks. Not as good from outside the park without music and projections, but hey, it's free.

20210808_210436.thumb.jpg.0ae6fe6f759ae4fc91f86ef4e4cde90d.jpg

20210808_211107.thumb.jpg.e84a4ad3b2b513e185f448b635c00fb3.jpg

After fireworks,  walked over to Downtown Disney (WDW changed its name but Disneyland still calls theirs Downtown Disney). Disney world and Disney land changed their mask policy few weeks ago to enforce masks on all indoor stores and rides. 

So even though there's multiple doors to the store, they block off all of them for entry (exit only) and forces everyone to walk through a line such that they can check to see if everyone walking in has a mask on. If they don't have one, Disney will give them a plain paper one on the spot.

Once inside, it's a mad house as usual with all the big Disney stores. No social distancing...

20210808_212807.thumb.jpg.11ee4d63cda29ca90a9ec336d302899d.jpg

20210808_212910.thumb.jpg.e7543dedd8666a928b60df9293b8b301.jpg

Last pic before heading back to hotel room and call it a night as the next day is when real vacation begins and I had to get up crazy early to try and snag a virtual queue for Star Wars.

I like this shot as seldom you see the entrance gate with minimal activity 

20210808_214816.thumb.jpg.bf39b05519f6a9a722c722f5a54a7b07.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, dani negreanu said:

I'm so impressed by how nice people dress for weddings abroad. Well-dressed invitees really make a memorable wedding.

Whereas here.... we're very informal....

At my DS2 wedding -- Look at the groom, on the left, and his brother, brown shoes with blue suit & all ( @Sea Dog)....

באיכות הדפסה-550.jpg

Beautiful picture Dani with your handsome lads. I think, like everywhere  there are all sorts of weddings. My DIL had very clear ideas how she wanted her wedding and is a great organiser. The grooms party all had brown dress shoes with their grey suits too

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We have the same humid weather here.  Last night I was in the upstairs bathroom when thunder and lightning hit.  I believe I screamed like a little girl😳

We have had a cool wet spring and summer . There's only been  a handful of days when the temperatures got above 22c . Mostly its around 18 to 20c (64 to 70f) Cool and overcast most days 

Around 24c and sunny is my happy place unless I am on a beach , then I don't mind if it's a bit hotter 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Wow this thread moves so fast, I've had to skip over parts  so apologies if I missed anyones celebrations.  

Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes for my son and DILs wedding last weekend . It was truly magical and seems like a wonderful dream now. I can't wait to see the official photos and videos.  

Our next event is we have booked a sailcation from Southampton in a few weeks.  Stopping at Liverpool and Belfast on Celebrity Silhouette .  First time on a cruise ship in nearly two years so very exciting  though different I'm sure 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm going to post this as I do not want any sympathy but to express how life is so precious and short. Today I learned that I lost one of my best friends, drummer extraordinaire. Alonzo Jr Powell, or as we always called him "Scooter" He was my best friend as we were both drummers . He had a very successful career playing on tour with jazz guitarist Norman Brown and many others. Not only was he an incredible drummer but was one of the kindest most genuine human beings around. Here is a video of him playing with Norman Brown on a tune called "Third World." The video does not show the true talent that he was. We lost a gift tonight and my heart is broken but he will never be forgotten.

Alonzo Jr Powell.  Rest in Peace my brother.

This is my 3rd attempt to post.

I am so sorry for your loss at Scooter's passing.  I hope in time fond memories will sustain you and heal your broken heart.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm going to post this as I do not want any sympathy but to express how life is so precious and short. Today I learned that I lost one of my best friends, drummer extraordinaire. Alonzo Jr Powell, or as we always called him "Scooter" He was my best friend as we were both drummers . He had a very successful career playing on tour with jazz guitarist Norman Brown and many others. Not only was he an incredible drummer but was one of the kindest most genuine human beings around. Here is a video of him playing with Norman Brown on a tune called "Third World." The video does not show the true talent that he was. We lost a gift tonight and my heart is broken but he will never be forgotten.

Condolences for the sad loss of your best friend.

Indeed life is so short and we should all try and enjoy every day 

Graham.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The ocean temp is usually decent till end of october.  I've gone surf fishing and swimming with water warmer than air temp.

Our house is on 23rd street in spray beach.  I grew up on 20th st.  Eric says I never grew up!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't.   That's what makes life so much fun.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a cool 57°F and wet.

We were at church this morning and said a prayer for Dani's friend.

We are at the beach and it is trying to brighten up.

Take care and stay safe 😷.

Graham.

IMG_20210815_115854.jpg

16290275276518530646317589777126.jpg

You are sincerely such as a nice couple.    I hope to meet you both in person someday on a cruise!   Maybe the bella cruise.     Enjoy your Sunday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I emailed the prospective renter for September last night and they are thrilled to stay Labor day thru Chowderfest weekend.      

and even more thrilled at the reduced rate as they thought they were going to pay the same weekly rate we charge for summer months.       I could believe the rates that are being charged for September when I looked at the VRBOLBI website.     No wonder they are so happy!

Thank you everyone for your input.    It was nice being able to talk it out and get your feedback.   

Next big life decision is whether or not to go on the Oasis sailing in September.      Will speak with Eric's transplant doc this week about the pfizer booster for him.       I am so jealous of @DaniDanielle going on the test cruise.    I believe that will be one of the safest cruises for the first out of NJ. 

• Like 5

It is 61° in Oakland California this morning. We are flying from the Oakland airport, back to our car in Cleveland.  We have a layover in Denver, and have our first flight delay of the day.  Only by 7 minutes, so that isn’t too bad. 

The bag drop line was long this morning.  

3792EA1B-E05B-48CF-8710-69CA07F29F32.thumb.jpeg.fff74619fb1dcb6c36ef98761cf3108b.jpeg

Grandson was sad to see us go.  They are talking about joining us at our house rental in Florida for the Christmas holidays, but flight costs are ridiculously high right now.  Grandson asked how long it was till then and was told it was 4 months.  He said he didn’t think he could wait even a month for more fun. 

So a last couple pictures of him from lunch yesterday.  We ate at a place called Hop Monk that had live entertainment. 

F1A4D813-3CF6-4F55-B5C1-9BFB4B369628.thumb.jpeg.0cfd88c8db402676915134c463543813.jpeg

I had to laugh, because from these pictures you would think he was in training to do tequila shots. 😂

B6E321AC-2875-4B4E-9980-B482EA5A9CD4.thumb.jpeg.3c191ed86243940c7d8881cc7c57c3b4.jpeg

1CDF7306-E1CE-420C-8975-72BB8C31CE54.thumb.jpeg.711dadbf4345e94ed1532043cdcc87c4.jpeg

He does the same with lemons.  

Now we get a week of relaxing when we get home. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry for the loss of your friend.May he Rest In Peace.

• Like 1