Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Loved it.  Much easier to watch when the outcome isn't in doubt.  Had about 20 Bills fans in the bar where we were.  There were just as many Eagles fans who were trying hard to get their team to beat the Chiefs.  No luck.  Fans from all other teams scattered around the bar in front of different TVs, including Dolphin fans who didn't have much to say. 😈  My new favorite place on a Sunday afternoon.

Huge game next Sunday night.  Go Bills!

You would have loved this place 95 percent of the people had Bills shirts including two babies , over a dozen TVs with just two on other channels, they had cowgirls game on a little tv in the corner , lots of 17 jerseys. They also played the song shout after each TD.

image.jpeg.4195efd5bad81508b3d36d6a0fd10e47.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, davekathy said:

All our flights to the east coast and San Juan are the day before the cruise red eye flights. Bummer, but we like to arrive at our final destination before noon. We don't get much sleep on the flights. Just a few cat naps. Well worth the sacrifice. The night in the pre cruise hotel we're usually in bed and sound asleep or dead NLT 7:00 PM. Of course a few HH drinks help with that. 😉

Bucky is asleep before we even take off.  He can pretty much sleep anywhere.  Of course being nearly deaf helps as well.  😉   Me...no way I can sleep on plane...hard enough to sleep at home.  😮 

• Like 4

On 10/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, jagsfan said:

Did you see any monkeys? There used to be so many, and I don’t know if they removed them because of subdivision encroachment. 

Not this time...but there was one section the return leg that I smelled them...hard to miss that awful smell, kind of like a toilet that needs flushed.  😮  🤢

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 4:12 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent 🤩   Happy to hear the land yacht is on its best behavior.   Looks like a great area for kayaking.     

Yes, it is.  Very clear spring water (though not as clear as years before unfortunately).  As long as we go early, as soon as they open at 8am...it's quiet and peaceful.  After about 10 am is nuts and crazy with tourists.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Again I see something and it makes me wonder how my friends are doing. 😁

20211003_210243.thumb.jpg.0bde39265bfd01500ccaa8e04ae54dfc.jpg

I'd drink those with you any day!

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There were just as many Eagles fans who were trying hard to get their team to beat the Chiefs.  No luck. 

Chiefs defense was horrible. I thought Hurts played an outstanding game. The final score was not indicative of how close the game was. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Just noticed my old town, Medina Ohio, is playing football on ESPN.

Bucky grew up in Medina!  Went to Medina HS, then...off to the "Land of the Dragon"...then moved to Florida when he got out.  His parents still lived there until their passing. 

Bucky just asked me to ask you..."Is that the Medina Bees"?   

Edited by island lady

On 10/1/2021 at 9:49 PM, h20skibum said:

Trex is the way to go.  I redid our deck 10 years ago with Trex, and it looks as new as it did then.  A whole lot less maintenance too.

DSCN1259.thumb.jpg.69bb10a9a07f08c1c2f2ed404d031074.jpg

I was lucky I did mine when I did.  The nails had severely rusted, and it didn't take much effort to tear the old one apart.

DSCN1214.thumb.JPG.c8d06f427c803eee86dad94e22bb0353.JPG

We are huge fans of Trex as well.  When we lived on Merritt Island on a boating canal, we put all Trex down on the double dock.  Sooo nice not to have the dock boards splinter up on bare feet. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, Sea Viewer said:

Truth to be told I haven't either, DH has but I usually wait until last day to pack.  If i start too soon I seem to keep adding things I really don't need.😀

We do the same.  Never pack until the day before, of which we both toss one suitcase each on the bed, going back and forth from the closet packing at the same time.  And I do quiz Bucky on items he may forget, which he does, so he is grateful for the hint.  😉  

Takes us all of about 1/2 hour, and we are done.  But of course our carry on bags and some items in the suitcases stay in there at all times.  So it's mostly just fresh clothing, and add the daily meds.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...he doesn't look that big.  He hides it well.  🙂 

His original name was Big Boy.  He was owned by a couple as a barn cat.  I was at the vet's office waiting on my dog to be finished for her glucose curve so it was the very end of the day.  A man comes in and says he is there to pick up Big Boy.  They gave him the price at which point he very loudly said his wife had not told him it would be that much.  He would have just shot him instead.  He stormed out and never came back.  I thought about it over night and the next morning I stopped by and asked what happened to pets not claimed.  They said are you talking about Big Boy because the wife had showed up and for a greatly reduced amount picked him up.  Two weeks later I get a call and they said that Big Boy was back.  He had a toe removed and they were supposed to change his bandage and give him meds.  They had not done that so his foot was worse.  I said that if the owners would give up ownership I would take him and pay his bills.  They had to take off another toe and he got fixed.  He is the best cat.  Super personality.  Nothing bothers him and he loves my husband.  He has a BB in his side from before and it was obvious he had never been fed.  The first night he ate 3 bowls of food and it took awhile for him to figure out there would always be food.  

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is getting big paws.

1924721481_Samantha8.thumb.jpeg.2f2b89d1e1aef854a1f041f528e0bda8.jpeg

Oh so sweet!!  My heart is melting just looking at that adorable face...and those eyes!!  I had to carry the laptop to Bucky to see.  We both said..."Awwwwww".    Yes, big paws for sure!  

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, it is.  Very clear spring water (though not as clear as years before unfortunately).  As long as we go early, as soon as they open at 8am...it's quiet and peaceful.  After about 10 am is nuts and crazy with tourists.  

I didn’t know tourists even went to Silver Springs any more. Last time I went my 31 year old granddaughters were 5 or 6. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

His original name was Big Boy.  He was owned by a couple as a barn cat.  I was at the vet's office waiting on my dog to be finished for her glucose curve so it was the very end of the day.  A man comes in and says he is there to pick up Big Boy.  They gave him the price at which point he very loudly said his wife had not told him it would be that much.  He would have just shot him instead.  He stormed out and never came back.  I thought about it over night and the next morning I stopped by and asked what happened to pets not claimed.  They said are you talking about Big Boy because the wife had showed up and for a greatly reduced amount picked him up.  Two weeks later I get a call and they said that Big Boy was back.  He had a toe removed and they were supposed to change his bandage and give him meds.  They had not done that so his foot was worse.  I said that if the owners would give up ownership I would take him and pay his bills.  They had to take off another toe and he got fixed.  He is the best cat.  Super personality.  Nothing bothers him and he loves my husband.  He has a BB in his side from before and it was obvious he had never been fed.  The first night he ate 3 bowls of food and it took awhile for him to figure out there would always be food.  

OMG...I knew you had a heart of gold!!  Good for you to give him the real home he deserved!  

I love those stickers that mention "who saved who"?  😉  All of my cats have been rescue cats, and they all left paw prints on my heart.  🥰

• Like 7

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, it was. At a school I think. Clarkstown or possibly Nyack. 

Wow!  The meeting I attended was in the New City Court building which is in Clarkstown.

May I ask where your MIL lived at that time?

I lived in Tappan then moved to New City.

I remember Nyack had the best annual street fair and great meandering quaint shopping.

I used to often pass Rosie O'Donnell's house (previously owned by Helen Hayes) in Nyack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I didn’t know tourists even went to Silver Springs any more. Last time I went my 31 year old granddaughters were 5 or 6. 

Oh yeah...they still go...in droves!.   This being off season, and in the middle of the week, during school season...was still packed with families by the time we got off the river.  We got back around 10 am and the place was nuts with everyone trying to pull in tour kayaks/canoes, rentals, and their own.  The kayak/canoe launch is where most of the crowd goes.  Many still do the glass bottom boats in a separate area,  but it's really the paddle boats on the river that draw the most.  

Of course so many are doing "staycations" now...not just there, but all the tourist areas here in Florida.  State parks that were usually so easy to get into, are now almost impossible to get a site unless you book at the 11 month prior window online.  Even the lesser known parks.  

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Great story, we got our cats from a great no kill shelter in our area. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

We do the same.  Never pack until the day before, of which we both toss one suitcase each on the bed, going back and forth from the closet packing at the same time.  And I do quiz Bucky on items he may forget, which he does, so he is grateful for the hint.  😉  

Takes us all of about 1/2 hour, and we are done.  But of course our carry on bags and some items in the suitcases stay in there at all times.  So it's mostly just fresh clothing, and add the daily meds.  

Welcome to our packing world except I'm the one who needs Jack to remind me what I might have forgotten!

So glad your land yacht is cooperating.  Continue to enjoy!

• Like 1

OK...all caught up now!  We did make it to our furthest west park last night, Grayton Beach State park, where we will spend the next two weeks.  IMHO the most beautiful beach I have ever seen is here.  🤗When I was so bummed thinking I had accidently booked the wrong site (and I am usually soo careful when I book) I was very pleased and excited that was not true.  Seems the park added two new sites, so they shifted numbers on the sites.  Still have the physical site I booked, just different number.  Whew...great site!  

Now however, we have a stalled low pressure over us...supposed to hang over us for the next three days.  Pouring rain and thunderstorm moved in over night. We have flash flood alerts going on...happy not to be in a tent!  😮  

Oh well, gives me time to catch up on our thread here, and do some laundry (luckily have washer/dryer in the land yacht).  So it's all inside thing today.  Toss a Pork Tenderloin in the crock pot...and no outside BBQ required!   Will venture out to some favorite restaurants in the next couple of days also, but obviously no beach time, unfortunately, for a few days.  😞 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bucky is asleep before we even take off.  He can pretty much sleep anywhere.  Of course being nearly deaf helps as well.  😉   Me...no way I can sleep on plane...hard enough to sleep at home.  😮 

Andy and I are the exact same way. The ability to fall asleep is a gift. I'm jealous.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Welcome to our packing world except I'm the one who needs Jack to remind me what I might have forgotten!

So glad your land yacht is cooperating.  Continue to enjoy!

Thanks...watching the pouring rain outside our big front windshield as I type.  But...it is what it is.  All the tropical foliage appreciates the big drink.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...all caught up now!  We did make it to our furthest west park last night, Grayton Beach State park, where we will spend the next two weeks.  IMHO the most beautiful beach I have ever seen is here.  🤗When I was so bummed thinking I had accidently booked the wrong site (and I am usually soo careful when I book) I was very pleased and excited that was not true.  Seems the park added two new sites, so they shifted numbers on the sites.  Still have the physical site I booked, just different number.  Whew...great site!  

Now however, we have a stalled low pressure over us...supposed to hang over us for the next three days.  Pouring rain and thunderstorm moved in over night. We have flash flood alerts going on...happy not to be in a tent!  😮  

Oh well, gives me time to catch up on our thread here, and do some laundry (luckily have washer/dryer in the land yacht).  So it's all inside thing today.  Toss a Pork Tenderloin in the crock pot...and no outside BBQ required!   Will venture out to some favorite restaurants in the next couple of days also, but obviously no beach time, unfortunately, for a few days.  😞 

I am sorry the weather is not cooperating and I hope you get some good weather later in the week.  Glad you got the spot you wanted and the pork sounds yummy.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Great story, we got our cats from a great no kill shelter in our area. 

They have a good home.  The four older cats have all been rescues.  Samantha is the only one not a rescue.  Of the two dogs one is a rescue.  

• Like 4