Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline also has trouble falling asleep and tried CBN oil.  Didn't help her at all.  Like some of the other husbands, I fall asleep almost immediately.  My problem is the opposite...if I wake up early for any reason (like going to the bathroom at 4:00am), I can't get back to sleep.  I might as well just get up.

I do self hypnosis and mantra’s to have a good nights sleep.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

Sorry to hear this, Marietta.  We will have Charlie and you in our thoughts and prayers.

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

Thanks,

Marietta

Thinking positive thoughts for Charlie😀

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's funny!   Eric just mentioned this to me moments ago and I asked if he Shatner is getting paid to do it or does he have to pay them.   I didn't realize he is 90.    Good for him!    I am sure it will be a Blast🤣

I met Shatner and Nimoy in 1988 .They did not have the makeup on that they wear when on TV or in films.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks,

Marietta

Definitely, sending prayers and positive thoughts for Charlie.  Hang in there, I know how nerve wracking this can be🥰

• Like 1

Facebook, I joined when my oldest went to college so i could see what she was up to, have reconnected with family and friends haven't seen in many years.  As long as you are careful what you share and how it is fine but yes it's a thin line.  DD is very careful what gets posted about the grandkids, indeed to get the OK before posting just about anything which I am fine with.  My profile picture cannot be just the grandkids.  Definitely pros and cons to site.

As for BBs, grandpup is a rescue, yes I am allowed to post his pics 😜.  He was found in backwoods NC, they believe he is a failed hunting dog.  Has a clipped ear, used to show who he belongs to, and various buckshot under his skin on one side, they think used to get him to be quiet or just behave while hunting.  They have had him 6 + years and while still a bit skittish adjusting just fine to family life with 2 little ones. A few pics, some I believe I have shared before.  Sad what is acceptable in some parts of the world.

IMG_20161127_184546386.jpg

IMG_20150524_093804569.jpg

IMG_20160624_203413617.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 16

15 minutes ago, akcruz said:

He was found in backwoods NC, they believe he is a failed hunting dog. 

That's a lovely beagle!  I live in a rural area in Mississippi and 2 beagles found my house about 6 years ago.  One was an excellent hunter and I know the owner is missing her but the other couldn't find her way out of a paper bag.   Life on the sofa is much easier they have learned.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is very nice and thoughtful for your employer to put out this letter of your accomplishments.  

Thank you Debbie so much.  He's real good guy.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Almost as bad as me and my friends shooting arrows at one another.  Not the rubber suction cup type either. Like a human arts game!!!

So boys being boys, We used to make blow gun darts out of a dressmaker straight pins with sewing thread cut in many pieces then wrapped around the head of the pin like a feather. We would blow it out of a straw chasing after one another. I remember getting shot in the face right below my eye with the pin sticking out of my cheek. hurt like hell. Laugh about it now but we were lucky nobody got their eye put out.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Kids can be so dumb. We used to throw fire crackers at each other. 🙄 Thank goodness we weren't hurt. 

Been there, done that. Not too smart.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Sea DogThat's such a great letter from your boss. You will truly be missed.

Thank you so much Renee.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For FB I use my middle name and my grandmothers maiden name.    I rarely go on FB but when I do I like to be incognito.    

Very smart. Good idea.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure that I would trust FB with the information contained on a death certificate.

That's what I thought. I really did not want to do it, but Facebook said it was the only way to prove she was deceased. Took several months to finally see she had been deleted.

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

We also did that and we all survived.  We also had grapevines in a neighbors yard. We used to shoot grapes at each other with slingshots. The seed in the grapes would hurt almost as much as the bb.

The things we did to keep us entertained. Now it's all video games.

45 minutes ago, derorim said:

I hope all goes well for Charlie on Wednesday.  Best wishes to you both.

+1 @DaniDanielle I will be thinking of you two and hoping for good results on Charlie's MRI. I am very found of that name as it was my fathers name.

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I met Shatner and Nimoy in 1988 .They did not have the makeup on that they wear when on TV or in films.

I done several interviews with Shatner because he would come to Kansas City for the American Royal Horse Show where he had some championship horses competing. I had no idea how short he was. Nice guy.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

...They publish the yard waste pickup schedule at the beginning of the year and their plan all along was not to be every two weeks and have month gaps at times.  They are even going to have pickups into December this year which is very late for us...

There would be a riot down here if they did that. If it's not picked up the day it's supposed to be people will go on Nextdoor and complain. I was reading about an area by me where it wasn't picked up in over 3 weeks. I would be complaining to at that point. Ours gets picked up weekly and year round. 

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you ever hear what the jam up of people getting onboard was about yesterday?

We went to the D lounge last night and I didn't think of it. I'll ask at the top tier party tomorrow.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks,

Marietta

All my positive thoughts are for Charlie tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I’d love to be as limber as my cats!  Sling that hind leg up over your ear…

I'd also love to be as limber just so I can sleep as uncomfortably as possibly. 

Screenshot_20211004-215254_Gallery.thumb.jpg.73e8823db4bf7cc6846254299e10ce97.jpg

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

She has another little patch of white.

image.thumb.jpeg.7dbe897799572391134a2a303f8d7420.jpeg

Lilo also has a spot on her tummy and one on her neck. This is the same kitty as above. Looking at her fur from "underneath" she has stripes. Top down you don't really see them.

Screenshot_20211004-215439_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7931f256e6cacf0f511bdc4854423245.jpg

58 minutes ago, akcruz said:

What a sweetheart. People can be so cruel. He looks very content.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Facebook, I joined when my oldest went to college so i could see what she was up to, have reconnected with family and friends haven't seen in many years.  As long as you are careful what you share and how it is fine but yes it's a thin line.  DD is very careful what gets posted about the grandkids, indeed to get the OK before posting just about anything which I am fine with.  My profile picture cannot be just the grandkids.  Definitely pros and cons to site.

As for BBs, grandpup is a rescue, yes I am allowed to post his pics 😜.  He was found in backwoods NC, they believe he is a failed hunting dog.  Has a clipped ear, used to show who he belongs to, and various buckshot under his skin on one side, they think used to get him to be quiet or just behave while hunting.  They have had him 6 + years and while still a bit skittish adjusting just fine to family life with 2 little ones. A few pics, some I believe I have shared before.  Sad what is acceptable in some parts of the world.

IMG_20161127_184546386.jpg

IMG_20150524_093804569.jpg

Grandpup is adorable.  I am glad he has a wonderful forever home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks,

Marietta

Sending positive thoughts for Charlie.  To you too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, derorim said:

That is really creepy to have your picture displayed on that website. 

Has anyone noticed that after they have talked out loud about a company or item, it soon shows up in advertisements on your FB?  That really bothers me.  I'm not real sure if it's my phone or Alexa device that's listening in.  Probably both.

Cortana does that too. If you are on Microsoft with a desktop and the microphone active. Half the time it can't understand me anyway. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: It shows me things like auto parts or tubing? :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin: I'm not on FB. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

or licking "distant" body parts....😉

Nope ... I must be "sturdier" than you.... 😢  It is 2.11am here, and I'm wide awake....

Dani , have you been referred to a sleep clinic ?  

I'm not impressed with the cabin. We are in a spacious aft balcony. The room is long and narrow. The photo below ages the toilet and shower look elongated, but it isn't.

20211003_125737.thumb.jpg.92095b4c9e5c372dfe5d9e60195a1c3f.jpg

20211003_125828.thumb.jpg.6dd317f72f1025c2fa6319e06adaa184.jpg

The dest table pulls out and there isn't the typical drawer below it for all the little stuff. Makeup etc. The chair isn't comfortable without the higher back.

20211003_125856.thumb.jpg.57b43ceee712ddd5c6e57f8f30d8ca8f.jpg

It's a total waste of about 8' of space. I guess you're supposed to pull out the table if you want a coffee table?

20211003_125926.thumb.jpg.2df3418b2b1f982373b9a6ecf3c817bd.jpg

Balcony table is tiny. Very hard to play cards on.

20211003_125935.thumb.jpg.2e82dab92728f84e79c87861190fe7c1.jpg

20211003_125730.thumb.jpg.c8f9f5aae9b370f9015bb0122266de47.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

MDR looking down from 5th deck.

20211003_140613.thumb.jpg.26197afc49c522a207aeb3cd31a11555.jpg

Two70 where our muster station is.

20211003_140435.thumb.jpg.121311f908b11d6d989a52438c2f35f2.jpg

Largest wind chime I've ever seen. I think the artist probably doesn't call it a wind chime. 😁  The pictures don't do it justice. The large pieces are vibrant and colorful and looks nice.

20211003_140622.thumb.jpg.70792cd835dfb5569baa73303334cabd.jpg

Art work. Not sure what  think about it but it is interesting. If I think about it I will take a picture with a flash.

20211003_140702.thumb.jpg.cde9e7e0cd0cbe5120267274b70e72d4.jpg

This ship has the most narrow hallways I have seen.

20211003_145029.thumb.jpg.776928f8cdc1e3b88d8987b7f9cdffce.jpg

You can see what I mean about the table. We have had beautiful weather so it's nice sitting on the balcony. We are waiting for sail away.

20211003_180241.thumb.jpg.221c8c89acf0ff7dd3ee092d5f007f1d.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday we had a late lunch so we went to Sorrentos and had pizza and olives. They were both good. I had the Indian food at lunch and it was tasty. Sorry no food photos. Today we were Coco Cay. I went in the ocean for a while and talked to people while Mike stayed on the beach in the shade. We had lunch at the Snack Shack and we both had the Snack chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks. I really liked the chicken sandwich and the sticks were also good. 

We then went to the Oasis Lagoon pool and hung out at the bar for a while. We were the only ship there so it was nearly empty. I had two drinks and then asked the people next to me what they were drinking. It was the Lava Flow. The bar tender that made those said he made them better than the others and that he didn't make his weak. I was curious so I watched him. I was thinking a shot and then have it over flow some. Yikes, he put in 3 shots. I thought they weren't supposed to do that if they were only charging you for one drink with no extra shots. No kidding, it was super strong. I had less than a 1/4 of it and was going to have more for sail away. Never happened and it's still in the frig. Look for Quinton. He's a slim Bahamian with braids on the back of his head if you want a strong drink.

20211004_125331.thumb.jpg.a99fe08079692787c03d8f00449ebd6b.jpg

20211004_125407.thumb.jpg.bbca8fdd56b32ddb51fc565579e2e5e3.jpg

20211004_144007_05.thumb.jpg.ebbc8e9a0d8d7e507e070e17fd7e76f5.jpg

20211004_145716.thumb.jpg.12697b4880670bd6d4ab292e0ce04a77.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks,

Marietta

Sending our prayers 🙏 for Charlie at his MRI on Wednesday.

Take care Marietta.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yesterday we had a late lunch so we went to Sorrentos and had pizza and olives. They were both good. I had the Indian food at lunch and it was tasty. Sorry no food photos. Today we were Coco Cay. I went in the ocean for a while and talked to people while Mike stayed on the beach in the shade. We had lunch at the Snack Shack and we both had the Snack chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks. I really liked the chicken sandwich and the sticks were also good. 

We then went to the Oasis Lagoon pool and hung out at the bar for a while. We were the only ship there so it was nearly empty. I had two drinks and then asked the people next to me what they were drinking. It was the Lava Flow. The bar tender that made those said he made them better than the others and that he didn't make his weak. I was curious so I watched him. I was thinking a shot and then have it over flow some. Yikes, he put in 3 shots. I thought they weren't supposed to do that if they were only charging you for one drink with no extra shots. No kidding, it was super strong. I had less than a 1/4 of it and was going to have more for sail away. Never happened and it's still in the frig. Look for Quinton. He's a slim Bahamian with braids on the back of his head if you want a strong drink.

20211004_125331.thumb.jpg.a99fe08079692787c03d8f00449ebd6b.jpg

20211004_125407.thumb.jpg.bbca8fdd56b32ddb51fc565579e2e5e3.jpg

20211004_144007_05.thumb.jpg.ebbc8e9a0d8d7e507e070e17fd7e76f5.jpg

20211004_145716.thumb.jpg.12697b4880670bd6d4ab292e0ce04a77.jpg

Pleased to hear  you are both on a cruise and having a great time.

Graham.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had big delays with our local trash service, especially the yard waste.   Our trash sat for over 3 weeks and was finally picked up last week.      They say they are doing everything they can to get back on track for weekly pick up.    

Our garden waste (grass cuttings, etc)  which is usually every two weeks has a months delay because of shortage of drivers . Apparently there were no tests conducted during the worse of the pandemic and now there's a shortage of drivers .

• Like 2